Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you could have either one: Frank vs. Brad
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1,448

If you could have either one: Frank vs. Brad

Apr 2, 2017, 7:32 AM

Who would you chose and why.

Personally I like a coach who wears his emotions on the field or court like Frank Martin (and Dabo!). I think the players feed off their emotion and inspiration. I don't see or feel that with CBB.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you could have either one: Frank vs. Brad

Apr 2, 2017, 7:36 AM

I'd take Frank. CBB bores me to tears, so it's hard to watch games knowing he's gonna screw the pooch at the end.

Actually - I've only wanted Mark Few all season, but no way could we ever get that guy, or even attempt to get him.

Apr 2, 2017, 7:38 AM

I wouldn't take Frank Martin to clean out my toilet. He is a fake, a thug and he fits USUCK. Trust me, they won't be back to the final 4 any time soon.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

most long shots don't make it back again but he still did it

Apr 2, 2017, 7:45 AM

once

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

let's see....highlight for one is making the FINAL FOUR

Apr 2, 2017, 7:44 AM

the other is a win in the first four...need we say more

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2017, 8:12 AM

Frank because he seems to be able to recruit better.
Brad because he is more of the type of "good guy" you want at Clemson.
However,we need a coach who is going to be there for the long haul,and who can both coach,and recruit.
And I don't see that in either.
Now Mark Few is the type of guy I would want.He can recruit at all positions,and is both passionate about his players,and his school.
Granted,this is is only his first "Final Four",but how many years has he taken Gonzaga to the Big
Dance?

I like Brad a lot and really appreciate the good things he's

Apr 2, 2017, 8:16 AM

done here, and would love to see him lead our Tigers to the final 4.

Having said that, until some kind of scandal breaks on Frank, there is absolutely no comparison. Frank's record and accomplishments are on an entirely different level.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Apr 2, 2017, 8:17 AM

Nope !

BB nice guy but talent if any do worse!

FW Duke coach clone ... cut all the players his first year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Meh. Neither are my cup of tea.

Apr 2, 2017, 8:24 AM

Brad's shortcomings are obvious. While Martin may indeed be passionate, the more I have learned about him (I really didn't know anything about him until this Final Four run), the less I like. Dabo is passionate, but he has class and integrity. Best of both worlds.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Neither. Find someone else.***

Apr 2, 2017, 8:54 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2017, 8:57 AM

Given your choices , I would take Martin over Brownell. His passion shows through on the court and in their tough play. Brownell is a good guy but lack passion. Recruiting allegations aside, Martin is better recruiter. My real choice would be Mark Few. It's unlikely that he would leave Gonzaga but put serious money at home and see what happens.

zero chance of ever seeing Few at Clemson. ZERO.****

Apr 2, 2017, 9:22 AM

Re: zero chance of ever seeing Few at Clemson. ZERO.****

Apr 2, 2017, 9:25 AM

I know. Watching them play last night showed me what a good basketball team looks like.

Funny, I asked this question a couple weeks ago

Apr 2, 2017, 9:43 AM

when we were busy firing Brad and the Coots were busy flaming out in the first round of the SEC tournament. No takers.

While I can't help but be impressed with the Coots' little run, I am still on the Brownell side on this one, primarily because I think Frank is a fraud. He is entertaining with his tantrums, his wild gestures, his icy stares and his marble mouth speech impediment (unnershtand), not to mention his laughable attempts to be "folksy". He makes me laugh, yet he never tries to be funny. The guy is a cartoon character. I hope they give him a lifetime contract. Perfect fit.

I think he caught lightning in a bottle this year. They still didn't win anything. They will continue to be a middle of the East, bit player in the SEC...sort of like football. Also like football, they got their 15 minutes of fame...and failed.

That's why USC is in California, Carolina is in Chapel Hill, and THE university state Ian and always will be Clemson University!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Who's really going to pick Brad here?

Apr 2, 2017, 9:49 AM

Forget the Final Four at SC, Martin did way more in his 5 years at K State than Brad has done in his entire career. Made the tourney 4 out of 5 years and won at least one game in all 4 appearances including a trip to the elite eight in 2010.

Me. Go Tigers!***

Apr 2, 2017, 9:53 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Who's really going to pick Brad here?

Apr 2, 2017, 10:09 AM [ in reply to Who's really going to pick Brad here? ]

I agree. Based on the results on the court, Martin has done more in 5 years than Brad in seven years. The graduation rates and good people arguments won't replace going to the NCAAs.

Replies: 16
| visibility 1,448
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic