Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses

Oct 15, 2014, 8:05 PM

to defer...

don't feel comfortable given our marginal 3rd down success rate

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Or we could fake the defer...

Oct 15, 2014, 8:28 PM

No, we fake the fake!

Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses

Oct 15, 2014, 8:30 PM

You can't choose to defer you moran. You can kick or receive.

holy shyatt

Oct 15, 2014, 8:32 PM

I musta picked up the wrong manuel

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Oct 15, 2014, 8:33 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]
image.jpg(62.3 K)

What you talkin bout?

Truth***

Oct 15, 2014, 8:34 PM

Oct 15, 2014, 8:41 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]

Sorry, I was mixin' thangs up.

Oct 15, 2014, 8:44 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]

uh you can win the toss and defer to the second half. the other team elects to receive unless they want to kick it both halves of course.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

link?***

Oct 15, 2014, 8:46 PM

Oct 15, 2014, 8:50 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]

Gotcha de. I am not of the "choose to play defense" philosophy and was just poking fun at that thread that popped up a while back on this very issue.

prolly a buncha morans

Oct 15, 2014, 8:51 PM

posting in that thread

Re: prolly a buncha morans

Oct 15, 2014, 8:51 PM

I was there for the original but don't recall commenting in it.

Re: prolly a buncha morans

Oct 15, 2014, 8:53 PM

prolly for the best

cause lawyers

Link to said morans?

Oct 15, 2014, 8:58 PM [ in reply to prolly a buncha morans ]

TIA in advance

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Link to original discussion -- this is a TNet classic

Oct 15, 2014, 9:52 PM

The "deleted" user is Dr. Nakamats aka Stanleytiger aka Shane_Morgan

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=14290203

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

thanks bob***

Oct 16, 2014, 12:02 AM

Oct 15, 2014, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]

dabo usually takes the ball. we did defer last week and i would look for us to do it again if we win the toss with how the d is playing.

I agree***

Oct 15, 2014, 8:53 PM

Oct 15, 2014, 8:54 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]

Yeah I think both have advantages but love seeing the defense get that first look. Also, I like the possibility of getting an extra possession in the 2nd half rather than that possibility in the 1st.

more possessions = more 3rd downs.. and

Oct 15, 2014, 8:57 PM

I'm pretty sure we're better than someone on 3rd down

Wouldn't swear to it, but

Oct 15, 2014, 9:02 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]

I'm pretty sure Louisville won the toss.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wouldn't swear to it, but

Oct 15, 2014, 9:14 PM

we won the toss

I was watching the coin toss closely.

Oct 15, 2014, 9:19 PM

After the toss, the ref went to the Louisville captains first, which tells me they won the toss. Then they went to Clemson to see which goal we wanted to defend. I was shocked that Louisville would choose to receive, but that's what I saw - I think. Do the stat sheets indicate this?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was watching the coin toss closely.

Oct 15, 2014, 9:32 PM

Just looked at the stats....and you are right, I was wrong. Louisville did win the toss and elected to receive:

Louisville won the coin toss and elected to receive the ball.

scroll down to pbp

http://www.gocards.com/sports/m-footbl/stats/2014-2015/game07.html

Thanks. Yea I have paid close attention to this since Dabo

Oct 15, 2014, 9:41 PM

started choosing to receive a couple of years ago. I never really agreed with that strategy. That could have been a major coaching blunder by Patrino, imo. Why wouldn't he want his #1 defense on the field first? Especially when his offense hasn't been very good. I don't think we have won the toss more than once or twice this year.

Oct 15, 2014, 9:12 PM [ in reply to Re: If we win the toss Sat... I hope Dabo chooses ]

yep we did defer and I think it is for the reason you said AND that the crowd would be so jacked up when they had the ball

If Clemson loses the toss, did Clemson lose it to Clemson

Oct 15, 2014, 11:51 PM

And if so, can Dabo still defer?

South Carolina baseball since 1975: 31 NCAA Tournament appearances including a streak of 14 straight / 12 Super Regional appearances/ 11 College World Series berths / 5 National Championship game appearances / National Champions in 2010 and 2011. The Gamecocks hold 3 NCAA records for postseason success: The most consecutive NCAA tournament wins (22) / The most consecutive wins in the College World Series (12) / The most consecutive home NCAA tournament wins (29).
Since 1992 The Gamecocks have competed in the SEC and have 4 SEC titles / 1 SEC tournament title / 7 SECE titles.

this is an excellent question... we should ask

Oct 15, 2014, 11:54 PM

Dr. Nakamats

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic