»
Topic: Campus Update: Clemson Fraternities could hold social activities starting Oct. 10 if they meet conditions
Replies: 11   Last Post: Oct 3, 2014, 9:33 PM by: ancientorange
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 11  

Campus Update: Clemson Fraternities could hold social activities starting Oct. 10 if they meet conditions

Posted: Oct 2, 2014, 8:42 PM

Clemson Fraternities could hold social activities starting Oct. 10 if they meet conditions

Read Update »

link

Wonder if All The Pledges and Members Will Get Refunds of

emoji_events [5]
Posted: Oct 2, 2014, 8:56 PM

Their "Buy a Friend" Dues? Without Booze and Parties to Rufie the Chicks at What Ever Will They Do?

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

Re: Wonder if All The Pledges and Members Will Get Refunds of

Posted: Oct 2, 2014, 10:06 PM

Big TU Couldn't have said it better

link

[2]
Posted: Oct 3, 2014, 8:46 AM

Another loner living in mom's basement huh?

link

[3]
Posted: Oct 3, 2014, 10:24 AM

As a current fraternity member at Clemson, I believe your views on this are outdated and incorrect. These aren't the "Animal House" days of the '70s and '80s in which anything went. Actually, most chapters have strict rules against the use of chapter dues for the purchase of alcohol written into their bylaws. Yes, some dues go towards social events but these are for catering, event center rentals, safe transportation on buses, etc. Most of the money goes towards other purposes, including guest speakers, philanthropic events, brotherhood activities and meals, and national dues.

Your statement on rufieing girls at parties shows a belief in a stereotype not perpetuated by almost all fraternity brothers here at Clemson. Nobody I know in the Greek system here would ever consider doing something like that, and all think that it's morally reprehensible. There may be a couple people out of approximately 1500 fraternity members who are in the wrong in doing so and they should be punished severely. However, I believe that unaffiliated parties are just as likely, if not moreso, to experience these issues due to a lack of rules and oversight. Just a personal opinion there; however, I do encourage you to look a little more into the facts regarding fraternity life at Clemson.

2021 student level member link

Posted: Oct 3, 2014, 11:33 AM

Must be part of Tri-Lambs. LAMBDA LAMBDA LAMBDA?

military_donation.jpg link

Posted: Oct 3, 2014, 9:33 PM

As a recent Clemson grad I can say I heard plenty of accounts from frat/sorority members experiencing these stereotypical events firsthand.

Forced drinking, forced drug use, sexual challenges to get in the frat, ###### passed out drunk girls, etc...

Strangely I never heard about all the philanthropic stuff they had so many horror stories

link

so the ban doesn't include univerisity sponsored events, and

Posted: Oct 2, 2014, 9:15 PM

only seems to involve a ban regarding events with alcohol.

HAVE THESE PEOPLE NEVER BEEN ON BOWMAN DURING HOMECOMING?

:D lol

2021 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg link

Photobucket

Yeah...I thought that was humorous too.***

[1]
Posted: Oct 2, 2014, 9:43 PM

nm

link

I would like to see that list, is there any way we could get

Posted: Oct 3, 2014, 9:52 AM

a look at it? Does anybody know?

link

Re: I would like to see that list, is there any way we could get

Posted: Oct 3, 2014, 3:48 PM

image.jpg(71.3 K)

2021 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg link

Re:

Posted: Oct 3, 2014, 12:46 PM

“Greek life is an integral part of Clemson University and the Clemson experience for our students and the broader campus community. We are working with students to ensure that it continues to flourish.”

Just like she did at Georgia Tech. Ask anyone who was in Greek life while she was there if she helped their system flourish or if she crippled them.

link

Replies: 11  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: Lower North Deck Sec N Row SS (1st Row at Portal Entrance) 40 Yard Line*** 2 Season Tickets $1,900 ...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1925 people have read this post