Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Should Clemson fill in the Hill?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Should Clemson fill in the Hill?

Jan 24, 2019, 2:04 PM

Saw sumptin' on da Mange about splitting the Hill into General Admission and Students. Not a bad idea.

But if the fire marshal is such an azze (and assuming we can't get a new fire marshal), why not just put seats in there and leave a little strip for the players to run down?

*ducking*

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

TIL ATL Paw Man is a Tom Winkopp scok***

Jan 24, 2019, 2:07 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ese tu loco en la cabeza. ;) ******

Jan 24, 2019, 2:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Are we positive that the fire marshal is actually the issue?

Jan 24, 2019, 2:12 PM

I've been going to Clemson games my entire life, I've got to say, the atmosphere seems a little more stale than it used to. As if people aren't as into the actual games anymore. It's become more of a social event. We had a group by us who came to 3 or 4 home games from Spartanburg. Granted, they were weird AF, but they'd get there in the morning, then pack up and head home an hour before the game to go watch it. They even did this for a coupe of noon games. Bizarre.

Different crowd around Clemson these days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

success will do that

Jan 24, 2019, 2:26 PM

one day we will remember when we needed the entire crowd going nuts to make sure we could kick a field goal to beat wake to go to the ACC championship.

signed,
I have left nearly every game before it was over, including the one mentioned above to watch at a tailgate and drink more beer.

I'd go to more games if it weren't for the "Want to be seens

Jan 24, 2019, 2:54 PM [ in reply to Are we positive that the fire marshal is actually the issue? ]

" Now I jut go tailgate the watch at the bar.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think they're spoiled

Jan 24, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to Are we positive that the fire marshal is actually the issue? ]

There are a lot of bandwagon fans who've joined up, but there are also a lot of people who just expect to win every game and don't really care all that much until we're in the championship. I mean, when I was in school people were ghost-riding the whip downtown because we beat Miami at Miami. Some of the loudest, rowdiest of home games were against GT and Miami. But you're not going to convince a lot of folks these days that games like those matter all that much.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think 2017 Auburn was the last big night game I went

Jan 24, 2019, 3:46 PM

to and I remember being absolutely puzzled by how the crowd was so quiet for a big matchup at night. Definitely a much different experience from the days when everyone would lose their #### mind against a team BC when Matt Ryan's team came from behind to beat us

Is there anything better than getting vomited on by the

Jan 24, 2019, 3:48 PM [ in reply to Are we positive that the fire marshal is actually the issue? ]

hungover freshman behind you when its a buck 10 outside?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Never had the pleasure of that, only people pissing on my

Jan 24, 2019, 4:30 PM

boots/feet in the bathroom.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the very least another gate on the north side

Jan 24, 2019, 2:29 PM

of the hill so folks can get over there once the rug is rolled out

Re: Should Clemson fill in the Hill?

Jan 24, 2019, 4:18 PM

I've asked a number of current Clemson students about this.

The problem is not with the Fire Marshall.

The issue is 100% with DRad. The insanely strict security and ticketing policies on the hill have made it a huge inconvenience for students.

All the security checks, difficulty of ticket transfers, seating, etc. have made attending games a huge inconvenience. Not to mention, the ticket distribution poorly distributes tickets to kids that want to go and kids that could care less.

Most students dont even bother with student tickets now. They buy normal tickets and walk in through a normal fan entrance, and then they walk across the bleachers into the student section where they sit with their friends.

Because there are tickets specifically designed for the hill, its a pain in the ### to go through the procedures to GET onto the hill, and how easy it is for students to do what I described above, the Hill never gets filled.

The students I have asked describe this scenario to me. In their minds, why bother getting a stupid wristband that you cant take off, doesnt allow reentry, requires you to go through excessive security, and practically has assigned seating on the hill? They can just get a normal ticket, walk in like a normal person, and slide over to the student section to be with their friends.

Its not the Fire Marshall. If we want to fill the Hill, pressure DRad to make the Hill general admission. He has made it too much of a hassle to want to sit there.

Man, imagine if they actually had to camp out for a week +

Jan 24, 2019, 4:36 PM

for tickets like you used to. I have a feeling these kids would be filing lawsuits. Or at least threatening it, that seems to be the go-to tactic these days.

Re: Man, imagine if they actually had to camp out for a week +

Jan 24, 2019, 4:57 PM

I dont believe that is true. I was at Clemson when they ended the "camping" policy, and I still have friends that attend classes at Clemson.

They would all prefer to camp out than what they have to do now.

This is the generation that LIKES to go camping, backpacking, etc. They like going to music festivals that require you to camp out for a days to a week.

The camping thing is actually a thing the students enjoyed. They basically had their own tent city with their own mini parties. Some of the tents were decorated and students turned it into a big event that was a lot of fun to participate in.

And despite the stereotype, Clemson students hold "Clemson Traditions" in very high regard. Clemson traditions are just as sacred to current students as they are to alumni who graduated decades ago. The students consider the camping out for tickets to be a big tradition and the ones that remember it miss it dearly.

Plus, students are so fed up with the current ticketing policy that they would love to have a first come first serve system back. Its simpler and easier to get a ticket, and there is no BS with transferring a ticket if you cant go.

Re: Should Clemson fill in the Hill?

Jan 24, 2019, 4:34 PM

Just like everything else. Not what it used to be so I have no problem moving forward. Can’t lose the strip for them to run down, but imagine how much people would pay to sit right next to the hill, like that first seat by hill, my gosh, I know I would.

I can remember my dad putting us all in the car and bringing blankets and taking them to the hill and sitting on blankets and watching the Tigers win. And I love those memories. HOWEVER, for facks sake, this is what happens when you win Natty’s. Conversation like this happens and I am all for it, just keep winning.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No, in fact they need to tear down the NW Endzone

Jan 24, 2019, 4:44 PM

BRING BACK CARDBOARD SLEDDING HILL!!!!!

Who's with me?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic