Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Guys says 7-5 for the Dirt Peckers....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 3,410

Guys says 7-5 for the Dirt Peckers....

Jun 18, 2016, 11:30 AM

http://www.garnetandblackattack.com/south-carolina-gamecocks-football/2016/6/18/11961766/south-carolina-football-predictions-2016-season

With Wins over: Vanderbilt, Kentucky, East Carolina, Mississippi State, Missouri, UMass and Western Carolina.

I'm thinking 5 wins, at best as Miss St, Kentucky and Vandy are all road games. I think they only win one of those 3.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I say 5-7

Jun 18, 2016, 12:13 PM

Maybe 4-8

No way they start out 4-0

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I say 5-7

Jun 18, 2016, 12:28 PM

No chance in hell this team wins 7. Guy has lost his mind.

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's 7 cupcakes. I thought the SEC schedule was

Jun 18, 2016, 12:14 PM

brutal...

And they don't get the luxury of playing SC.

Re: Guys says 7-5 for the Dirt Peckers....

Jun 18, 2016, 1:01 PM

I say 4-8 maybe 3-9.
They could very well lose to ECU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL Mustcoot couldn't win when we was loaded with talent

Jun 18, 2016, 1:20 PM

they win 4 games at best most likely only 3. The cupboard is bare. Relying on an decent QB to come in and start as a true freshman is a disaster waiting to happen

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That roster is not winning 5 games.***

Jun 18, 2016, 1:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

This article is really sad. It's basically a guy refusing to

Jun 18, 2016, 2:28 PM

acknowledge that SCar has now joined and will have to claw out wins against the bottom tier of the SEC. The saddest thing is that he thinks his 2016 Gamecocks should continue to expect games against Vandy, Kentucky, and Miss State on the road to be "guaranteed wins." I see two guarantees on their schedule: WCU and UMass. Although, we learned last year that scheduling an FCS opponent doesn't necessarily give you a win...

ECU is arguably a more talented team than these gamecocks and ECU always plays their power 5 opponents tough. Miss State, Kentucky, and Vandy have also recruited on the same level or better than SCar for the past three years and their coaching staffs are better. I also like how that author refuses to mention the Clemson game at all, but goes ahead and counts it as an "L" in making a pre-season prediction.

It's funny how a really unfortunate 5 year span for us turned out to be the building blocks of an incredibly solid foundation of success, while it was the peak of their best moments as a program. I would gladly go back and endure that 5 year span again knowing where are programs are headed today.

Let's enjoy this run before we agree to do it again.***

Jun 18, 2016, 4:51 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2016, 2:40 PM

U Mass isn't even going to be a gimme for those guys. Wouldn't shock me to see that at least be competitive.

They'd have to get pretty lucky for that

Jun 18, 2016, 2:51 PM

McIlain would need to be just about All-SEC quality, because they don't have much else on that team.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It won't happen, but all of those teams do suck.

Jun 18, 2016, 3:05 PM

Lots of turds in the mighty SEC. They won't go 4-0 against those other SEC teams though - those are all pretty evenly matched teams.

Vegas already moved Vandy to 3 pt favorite didn't they?

Jun 18, 2016, 4:08 PM

That speaks volumes of where the chickens season will end up!!
I'm going with 5-7 after losing to the Tigers to deny them a bowl game!
So glad the earth is back on its proper axis!!

Go Tigers!!

Jun 18, 2016, 4:43 PM

South Carolina finishing seven and five is about as likely as Clemson finishing seven and five. neither are going to happen

Jun 18, 2016, 5:20 PM

4-8 at best. Mark it down.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 18, 2016, 7:26 PM

The funniest part of the article was when the author said this...

"My point is this: yes, we had a bad year in 2015, but I refuse to lower my expectation level to the point that I don't expect to beat those teams. We are still South Carolina; an SEC school with top-notch facilities, great coaches, a stadium that seats 80,000 people, a Heisman Trophy winner and tons of All-Americans and NFL players to our credit."

Hahaha, thats great. It's like that sec membership and those 80k people in the stands and that former Heisman winner have ever helped them do anything of significance in their entire history.

Jun 18, 2016, 10:04 PM

Wins: ? Who knows with playing three of four opening games on the road against teams that like USuck need to start strongly in a rebound campaign. Only sure wins, UMass and West. Carolina.

Toss ups: Vandy, UK, Miss. St., East Carolina, Texas A&M, and Missouri.

Losses: Clemson, UGa., UF and UT.

I pick the chickens to win five games at most due to how they start (away) and who they finish against after UMass. Western Carolina finishes 2016 in Columbia so they will play to win just like The Citadel last year! USuck could easily end up 3-9 with injuries, no morale and poor coaching. This season reminds me of the Richard Bell era, a single season disaster.

Go Tigers!

Jun 19, 2016, 2:47 PM [ in reply to Re: Guys says 7-5 for the Dirt Peckers.... ]

Hmm the Chicken writer's quote .."Tons of All-Americans" I think someone needs to explain what a Ton is.
U of SC players who were Consensus All Americans...FOUR.
Just for Contrast, CU Consensus AA? 27.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That would be a helluva year for the coots!***

Jun 18, 2016, 9:34 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The coots got the 2 worst teams in the SEC West

Jun 19, 2016, 5:17 AM

to go along with the pathetic East and Umass and Two directional Carolinas.

Vandy is away this year instead of at home - L
Miss St creams the coots easily - L
ECU at least upgraded coaching - L
Kentucky owns the coots and on the road - L
A&M should bounce back this year - L
UGA destroys the coots no game at all - L
UMass is pathetic toss up but give it to the coots - W
UT is another blowout - L
Mizzou will be out for revenge - L
Florida no game at all - L
W Carolina is no citadel - W
Clemson 64-3 - L

2-12

I predicted that they win 5 last year and they only won 3 hopefully I am overestimated them again

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So how many more years of losing to Kentucky...

Jun 19, 2016, 9:10 AM

Before that no longer is an "expected win?"

3 in a row? 4? Just curious.

And don't bring up Arkansas. I like bashing Ark because of their dumb, lard ace coach, but all my memories of scar v. Ark go like this...

McFadden just ran for 638 yards and 7 tds.

Didn't Felix Jones run for 200+ yards in the same game?

Has Ryan Mallett's arm fallen off yet? He's thrown for over 400 yards now against the best defense in the history of mankind.

scar just beat the John L. Smith Razorbacks at home. Boy, what I monumental defeat. Wonder what/who Petrino is doing right now?

And those are my flashbacks of the scar v. Ark series.

In summary, if John L. Smith is coaching, expect win.

Otherwise, YOU WILL LOSE AND A RB/QB WILL HAVE OVER 400 YARDS AGAINST WHATEVER DEFENSE YOU THROW OUT THERE.

The End.

~JKB

Well, it's highly likely that SCar will only be favored in 2

Jun 19, 2016, 6:09 PM

games this coming season - looking at the schedule now and considering where the Vandy line already is. And I don't know that Muschamp has shown all that on the coach up side, so we'll see.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 21
| visibility 3,410
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic