Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Fiesta Bowl Takeaways - What. A. Game.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,186

Fiesta Bowl Takeaways - What. A. Game.

Dec 30, 2019, 9:00 AM

Rank that game amongst the all time Clemson Football wins. What a night, what a gut wrenching, heart pounding, edge of your seat performance by our Tigers. Here are some takeaways:

1) I never understood how good JK Dobbins was until he was lined up against us, I haven't had such fear of an opposing running back getting the ball since the 2015 Natty with Derrick Henry. We lucked out big time with his 2 dropped touchdown passes. And his ankle injury (as much as I would never wish that on a player) relieved some of the pressure on our defense with his intermittent absences.

2) Trevor Lawrence is a warrior. His performance was reminiscent of DeShaun's 2016 Natty game, he took a beating all night and willed his way to a victory. He found a way to make it happen, never been more in love with the kid.

3) The coaches found a way. In the beginning of the game it felt like we were being totally out coached by Day. His tempo offense had us on our heals and Venables couldn't make his adjustments before the snap. Etienne was shut down in the running department, and with Tee higgins out the first half we struggled against OSU's elite cornerbacks. But Coach Elliot got creative in ways to get Travis the ball, and all that man needs is a little bit of daylight and he makes miracles happen. The designed QB runs forced the OSU Defense to respect Trevor's ability as a runner and that helped opened the passing game. We ran tempo when on crucial drives and it put us on top in the scoring column.

4) Nolan Turner looked like he was on Ice Skates for most of the game, I was screaming at my TV to get him out of there. Him and Muse scared me all night in coverage as they presented big mismatches for OSU's speedy receivers. But of course, Turner makes the game clinching interception. What a fairy tale ending, there a reason Dabo/Brent kept him in the game in the biggest spot. Cannot give the kid enough credit.

5) All I have heard was that the refs gave us that game and it couldn't be further from the truth. Every misfortune that happened to Ohio State was Self inflicted. Targeting, Roughing the Kicker, etc. The Refs called a great game. The Justyn Ross Play was an incomplete pass I don't care what anyone says. It's clear as Day.

6) Add another Tombstone to the graveyard with that one!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^ Astute & Appreciated Assessment TigerFan1994!

Dec 30, 2019, 9:22 AM

Go TiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I said the other day that it was second only

Dec 30, 2019, 9:59 AM

to the national championship in Tampa.

I agree with you on #4. For 59 and a half minutes, I was not saying, "I love NT." But that last 30 seconds, i was screaming it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,186
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic