Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 42
| visibility 1

I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:03 AM

How much noise can 45,000 people make? That's like half as big as Death Valley, so I'd expect half the noise. Maybe even closer to 1/3 as loud, b/c I'm not sure VT fans are as passionate as Clemson fans.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

I don't think that's going to be a major factor......

Sep 29, 2017, 9:07 AM

in the game. We've played in louder places.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't think that's going to be a major factor......

Sep 29, 2017, 9:28 AM

like syracuse

Like Duke***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:30 AM [ in reply to I don't think that's going to be a major factor...... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yes***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:08 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud.***

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

I expect it will be really, really loud.

Somewhere during the end of the third or beginning of the fourth quarter the thunder of 30 thousand doors slamming in the parking lot will be deafening.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

30,000 cars?

Sep 29, 2017, 9:10 AM

That's a car for every VT fan.

And 30,000 sets of car keys.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:12 AM

#scary

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: And 30,000 set of car keys.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:14 AM

+67,000

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Terrifying. That key shaking thing is really intimidating.***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to And 30,000 sets of car keys. ]

Re: And 30,000 sets of car keys.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to And 30,000 sets of car keys. ]

Who carries keys anymore? I mean with car fobs and keyless entry house locks, what are they going to wave, car fobs?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There isn't 30K cars in the state.

Sep 29, 2017, 11:47 AM [ in reply to 30,000 cars? ]

Everybody up there drives a truck, dummy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:09 AM

Close to 67 thousand max and until the last few years, VT was voted as a tougher place to play than Clemson. Clemson fans are passionate as long as you are winning.

Bless your heart.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:12 AM

I'm sure your 67,000 fans are much louder than 80,000+ fans of other schools. Just because.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"VT was voted as a tougher place to play than Clemson"

Sep 29, 2017, 9:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

actually I think attendance will 66,976 because you will have to make room for our band in the upper deck of Lane stadium.

So you will probably be the loudest stadium where the home team loses this week?

Sep 29, 2017, 9:17 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

You may be right.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol ... didn't VT's consecutive sellout run end once Beamer

Sep 29, 2017, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

luster started to fade and VT lost a few games.

That's rich.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sweet Jesus you're dumb.***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

I'll keep repeating

Sep 29, 2017, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

You have NOT beaten a ranked opponent at home since 2009! Everybody's fans are more pationate when they win.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:22 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

Lol. Joke of the day right here folks

Make sure you remind your fellow VT fans not to forget their keys on the way out. Never know what a few beers and some key jangling might do to your ability to actually find those keys when it’s time to leave at halftime

LOL "was" is a keyword in your statement..What's that home

Sep 29, 2017, 9:51 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

record last 2 years? 4 or 5 losses right?

Who voted ?

Sep 29, 2017, 10:13 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

Old Dominion ?

Delaware ?

Liberty ?

I could see one or two of them voting how loud it is there

Bud Foster's mom

Oct 1, 2017, 8:28 AM

After packing his lunch box

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have been to several top college stadiums...

Sep 29, 2017, 11:42 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

including Michigan Stadium, Beaver Stadium (Penn State), and, yes, Lane Stadium.

I can assure anyone that Clemson's Death Valley has the best and most hostile of them all.

Lane Stadium was okay, but still far from all above. I'd give it close to Michigan Stadium. That stadium doesn't contain noise really well, I guess, because of the design. (It seems to be really flat.)

I really want to try Ohio Stadium one day though.

Fortunately

Sep 29, 2017, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

ALL WE DO IS WIN!

Hillary would be president if the popular vote counted.***

Sep 29, 2017, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

It's been 4 years since we were losing at home...

Sep 29, 2017, 12:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

...so the only time I remember it not being loud at home was when we were beating the crap out of someone.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cute environment last night. I like how none of your

Oct 1, 2017, 8:24 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

gimmicks worked. Car keys. Lame as lunch box. Putting out band in the ####### top corner of the stadium.
#### VT.

lol***

Oct 1, 2017, 8:25 AM [ in reply to Re: I keep hearing Lane stadium gets really loud. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Haven’t you heard they pipe in cover band Metallica?***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:16 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

They have the power of a lunchbox.

Sep 29, 2017, 9:21 AM

We have the power of an Oculus.

When you factor in the jingling of keys, it changes the equation.

It ain't no Carrier Dome, that's for sure***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:21 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo on XM yesterday re crowd noise

Sep 29, 2017, 9:22 AM

and I'm paraphrasing here.

Its just reversed. When you're at home, your offense can make any call they want because the crowd is quiet, but the defense has trouble. When you're on the road, the defense can make any call they want.

Re: Dabo on XM yesterday re crowd noise

Sep 29, 2017, 9:24 AM

In our case this is actually good haha. Our offense is almost strictly flash card based while on defense we actually have one of the LBs barking out calls

Well that explains why we are so good on the road***

Sep 29, 2017, 9:36 AM [ in reply to Dabo on XM yesterday re crowd noise ]

Snowflake Basher........Out

He also said, if you're a good player at home, you'll be a

Sep 29, 2017, 10:02 AM

good player on the road.

And we have good players.

I've seen a game there. No comparison to Death Valley.

Sep 29, 2017, 11:04 AM

So just stop it Hokie fans.

It's basically Papa John's with Metallica on loud speakers

Sep 29, 2017, 11:11 AM

nm

Sep 29, 2017, 11:46 AM

Making the trip for this one. One of the items on my bucket list!

Making the trip.

Sep 29, 2017, 1:13 PM

Hope you enjoy, except for the score. Most fans should be hospitable, no couch burning or hay rides though. Report back your experience if you have time. I really want to make a USC game in your place. That should be truly raucous.

Speaking from personal experience...

Sep 29, 2017, 1:06 PM

It gets loud - not Death Valley loud - but impressively loud for its size. I'm not trying to be funny or insulting in any way, but I think I know why. I saw A LOT of middle-aged men there.. who had obviously had experience with tailgating... and they actually cheered... LOUD. It's different than at Clemson where there are quite a few elderly fans or people who just don't cheer. I was sitting pretty close to the field at Lane - not sure if that had anything to do with it or not. Just my personal experience. It's definitely an awesome away game experience. The jingling keys are stupid though. I can respect the gobble.

What they lack in chromosomes, they make up for in

Sep 29, 2017, 1:11 PM

car keys.

Replies: 42
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic