Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Teheran may get invited back . . .
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 1,291

Teheran may get invited back . . .

Oct 3, 2019, 10:18 PM

Martin may miss rest of NLDS with oblique injury

By Adam Berry @adamdberry
14 minutes ago

ATLANTA -- Braves reliever Chris Martin expects to miss the remainder of the NLDS against the Cardinals after suffering an oblique injury during Game 1 at SunTrust Park on Thursday night.

After entering the series opener in the eighth inning, the righty walked off the mound with an athletic trainer and exited due to left oblique tightness before throwing a pitch in the Braves' 7-6 loss.

Braves manager Brian Snitker aggressively deployed his relievers after starter Dallas Keuchel worked 4 2/3 innings. Right-hander Darren O’Day finished the fifth, then setup man Shane Greene pitched the sixth and left-hander Max Fried handled the seventh.

That left Atlanta with one inning to cover before summoning closer Mark Melancon, and Snitker lined up Martin to face right-handed hitters Paul Goldschmidt, Marcell Ozuna and Yadier Molina. Martin made his way to the mound and warmed up, but he was soon removed due to his injury. Right-hander Luke Jackson replaced Martin and gave up a leadoff home run to Goldschmidt.

If Martin is out for the remainder of the series against the Cardinals, the Braves will need to add a replacement pitched to their series roster before Game 2 on Friday afternoon. By rule, if Martin is replaced on the NLDS roster, he would also be required to miss the NLCS if Atlanta were to advance.

Read more: Atlanta Braves Chris Martin

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have never made one dime managing a baseball team, but

Oct 3, 2019, 10:29 PM

if it was up to me, I'd take my chances with Teheran out of the bullpen rather than Luke Jackson.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

the May or July version of Teheran maybe

Oct 3, 2019, 10:54 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 1,291
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic