Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Charter Rate Increase
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 1

Charter Rate Increase

Nov 14, 2019, 11:06 PM

This month I got a surprise increase of $20 in my Charter Cable package. When I called to ask what happened they said it was an across the board fee increase.

Has anyone else seen this? Is this related to the ACCN?

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Charter Rate Increase

Nov 14, 2019, 11:15 PM

Yes, got the price increase. I don't know if it's related to adding the ACCN but I also lost several Fox Sports Channels.

Message was edited by: saddis56®

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 12:11 AM

Youtube TV is loaded with Fox sports channels, heck youtube TV is loaded with sports channels period.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 11:15 PM

Duplicate

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 11:19 PM

TV, phone, internet and home security all must be changed every 2 years or so. I’ve not seen a single one in the last 20 years that didn’t have the same business plan......stick it to the loyal customer. Only new customers get good rates, loyal customers get the shaft.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 11:22 PM

Nov 15, 2019, 12:04 AM

I'm saving a $100 bucks a month by switching to youtube TV from Spectrum, and that's with still having to pay Spectrum $70 a month for their internet!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 14, 2019, 11:59 PM

BS like that is the absolute reason that I'm with Youtube TV now, and I was with TWC/Spectrum for a little over 15 years without a break in service for any reason. It was always more, more, more for them, and it was happening 2-3 times every year!!!

Nov 15, 2019, 12:45 AM

Dumped their a$$ this month. You tube tv has everything you need.

i called and said lower my bill

Nov 15, 2019, 6:15 AM

Or cancel. They lowered the bill lower than it was before in increase

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ditch that crap and get YouTube TV***

Nov 15, 2019, 6:21 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Nov 15, 2019, 8:45 AM

Dropping Charter, Dish, and Directv was discussed pre-season, and those keeping their services just indicated you could make a phone call to them and they would reduce the rate. Some of us chose to go in another direction and prevent these little surprises. Maybe it's time to make the switch to Youtube TV, Hulu Live, or PS Vue (?). I chose to switch from Directv after 15+ years to Youtube TV. It satisfies all my needs, but I still have to listen to wife complain as she doesn't get her favorites with the ease that Directv offered. Maybe check with your household prior to switching is my best advice.

But I pay $50 instead of $180+ each month for the essentially the same service and unlimited recording, so I'm a happy streamer.

PS Vue will be deaded on 1/30/20***

Nov 15, 2019, 8:53 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aspiring member of the TigerNet Sewer Dwellers

I got a $4 increase for internet too

Nov 15, 2019, 8:51 AM

The amount of money is not the issue. The issue is up-charging existing customers without fair warning and justification.

Snowflake Basher........Out

Nov 15, 2019, 11:06 AM

I have used both SlingTV and HuluTv using Charter or AT&T internet at different houses. Works great and saves a chunk.

LOL...some of y'all are either stubborn or dumb...

Nov 15, 2019, 11:26 AM

...And I know you ain't dumb.

Come on already...YTTV

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 15, 2019, 11:49 AM

Mine went up $50 to $230 (phone, internet & TV). They sent a letter and said I was a promotional rate and it was supposed to go up after a year. Actually when I got the promotional rate it was $159 and was supposed to go up $30 in one year to $189 which it did. Now they are saying it was supposed to go up another $50 the second year. When my daughter visits this December we will go over my plan and check all the alternatives.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic