Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How excited are you for this football season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

How excited are you for this football season?

Sep 9, 2020, 12:56 PM

Just curious what others are feeling.

For me, it is a decidedly mixed bag. Will know more once toe meets leather, but as of today, I'm not very excited. Sleeping better than I ever do prior to a week one game. OTOH, the Tigers are loaded and should be very, very good, assuming we can get through an entire season.

OTOHOH, I know I won't be going down to Sakerlina to see a game and we won't be playing the coots.

OTOHOHOH, it's college football.

The games I have seen so far have bordered between boring and unwatchable. But none of those teams were the Tigers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cliche alert. “Spot the damm ball”. ******

Sep 9, 2020, 1:01 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm excited that there is going to *be* a season, for one.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:05 PM

Several thoughts in addition to that:

The Big 10 looks stupid. Their commissioner is a fool.

Cannot believe we aren't playing the Coots. This would be another epic beatdown. However, their all SEC schedule and the removal of cupcakes means several double-victory weekends this year.

Proud of the ACC. Can't believe I said that.

Hate the loss of tailgating and fans for the games. If things return to normal next year, look out!

There have been several sportswriters with agendas outed, and I hope it bites their stupid ###.

Excited to see all of these new 5 stars perform, looks like we hit on all of them, and I want to see DJ throw one over the Rockies.

No one is talking about Demarckus Bowman, and I want to see him run. I wonder if they will make our offense play with one ball? It doesn't seem fair with this group of running backs.

Is Cornell Powell going to finally emerge?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Every man is my superior, in that I may learn something from him."

I got 4 tickets in UO ... Get to spread out cuz most of the

Sep 9, 2020, 1:08 PM

fats will be gone or relocated.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so my wife asks me yesterday....

Sep 9, 2020, 1:09 PM

can we have a cookout Friday to celebrate our friend's birthday...

This morning, he can't do it Friday because his sisters are doing something for him. Can we do it Saturday?

Me:

NO!!!!! HOW ABOUT SUNDAY!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am am excited, but pensive.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:10 PM

I think the players will be fine for the most part, but fans showing up just to tailgate are going to cause a degree of embarrassment with their selfish behavior. I worry what an outbreak amoung fans will mean.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: How excited are you for this football season?

Sep 9, 2020, 1:11 PM

I’m extra excited. The country needs a hobby other than politics. We need our sports back.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, it's definitely weird, but I'm still excited.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:14 PM

I'm disappointed because I genuinely believed this was our year. I want that asterisked national championship.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Also very distraught that I cannot drive to W-S for the game***

Sep 9, 2020, 1:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wonder what the CFP committee will do with losses?

Sep 9, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to Yeah, it's definitely weird, but I'm still excited. ]

For one, our schedule got tougher due to the COVID changes. I could see an ACC loss somewhere. Not likely, but possible.

Secondly, what about the conferences 10 games vs. 11 games? Apples to apples with losses or no?

Thirdly, what about when a team essentially forfeits when too many of the players are in quarantine? Does that loss count against them?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

All very good questions. The CFP definitely has

Sep 9, 2020, 1:33 PM

subjectivity, the thing I do like is they tend to explain their reasoning a bunch, but honestly, who the heck knows right now.

we got a pass when Kelly Bryant got hurt at Syracuse

Sep 9, 2020, 1:35 PM [ in reply to Wonder what the CFP committee will do with losses? ]

and we lost

same thing

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

for one game, sure but what if say, Auburn LOOKS like the

Sep 9, 2020, 1:54 PM

best team in the land, then they get hit hard with COVID and lose two due to essential forfeits, then come back and win out. Do they get a pass to the CFP? Take the SEC bias out of it for a minute. Just consider, Auburn looked unbeatable but lose two due to COVID. They are NOT the SEC champs AND the SEC has three one-loss teams. But everyone "knows" Auburn was the best team before and after their COVID forfeits. Then what?

Yea, we could get f'ed also

Sep 9, 2020, 2:46 PM

ACCCG is based on winning %. So say we lose to ND who loses to UNC who loses to someone else - three one loss teams at the top, but we don't get to play a game vs Syracuse as they have covid. We then have a worst % then ND and UNC and are left out of ACCCG.

Gonna be a weird year.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I find myself largely disinterested.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:17 PM

Maybe for no other reason that the expectation is that the season wouldn't be played or won't be completed. With games already having been postponed by Covid, positive tests on campuses, and the Big 10 and Pac 12 nixing their seasons has left me pessimistic.

So if football is on, I will watch. But my expectations remain low.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was mixed until I read some of the Mange posts, now I am

Sep 9, 2020, 1:17 PM

pumped up to see what happens to these snowflake boomers who will supposedly abandon their team because alot of the players have the opinion that Black Lives Matter. This should be ALOT of fun.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I was mixed until I read some of the Mange posts, now I am

Sep 9, 2020, 1:25 PM

100% of them are going to be watching and cheering, high-fiving their neighbors, probably having a lovely little hormel pepperoni and cheese platter. The internet bravado is a load of horse crap.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

VERY NERVOUS

Sep 9, 2020, 1:19 PM

that a player will kneel during the anthem, and someone will have something like "end racism" or "honkeys suck BBC" stitched across their jersey.

I might throw my glass of OFC at the wooden framed TV on the floor, rip off my CPAP machine, and swing/miss trying to kick the poodle.

Might need to double up on the blood pressure meds.

I like them boys til they get all uppity.

-LBB

lightbulbbill®

I don't even know when or who S. Carolina is playing.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:20 PM

I guess they start this week like everyone else.

But do you know if they support BLM?

Sep 9, 2020, 1:20 PM

Bave Latthews Mand?

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly don't.***

Sep 9, 2020, 1:21 PM

Well, FYI, Muschamp likes George Strait

Sep 9, 2020, 1:22 PM

which isn't really that controversial. Hope that helps.

No, Bravo. They start next week. And they are slated to get

Sep 9, 2020, 1:21 PM [ in reply to I don't even know when or who S. Carolina is playing. ]

forcibly penetrated by Ol Smokey's medium-sized red rocket.

Tennessee

hope i get more excited

Sep 9, 2020, 1:22 PM

not sure if its the pending social justice/covid narratives we're gonna have to sit thru or

the maybe, canceling of the season halfway thru looming.

Putting 50 on WF might make it more easy to get excited.

Looking forward to seeing the new players and how they will do.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oh lawd. They're just getting started with the SJ stuff.

Sep 9, 2020, 1:25 PM

Tried to watch a bit of Navy/BYU and the lead in to that game was all social justice-y. APM is down with it, but also doesn't want to be beat over the head with it every game either.

Greenr is ALL IN on some Social Justice, Police Reform,

Sep 9, 2020, 1:27 PM

and ensuring that the Black Lives do Matter, but JFC, I want to escape it every now and then.

The beauty of being completely self absorbed, selfish and

Sep 9, 2020, 1:35 PM

arrogant is that until today, reading Tnet, I had no idea whats going on with DW4, BLM, or any social justice stuff.

I mean I didn't read any of that stuff, I just see people complaining about it which makes me not care even more. I wish I could care, but I have my own #### going on to worry about.

I did see DW4's highwater pants, and wonder why he is buying a pair of pants that looks like he is going crabbing, but even that isn't that interesting enough to look into.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic