Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hyatt & Fruhmorgen blocking Lawson
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1,301

Hyatt & Fruhmorgen blocking Lawson

Aug 29, 2016, 9:45 AM

Based on all ESPN reports and SEC network who has Carl Lawson in the Hall of Fame, sounds like our young tackles have no chance against the next Lawrence Taylor?
Who will he be against most of game?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Must be some talking points circulating through ESPN

Aug 29, 2016, 9:53 AM

Greg McElroy, who is calling the OU/Houston game for ESPN, was talking on XM this morning about 1 play in the NC game where "Hyatt didn't get a hand on his man" as reason that Lawson is going to wreck havoc on our OL. Guess he didn't see the other plays that racked up 550 yards of offense.

Re: Hyatt & Fruhmorgen blocking Lawson

Aug 29, 2016, 9:53 AM

I am not afraid.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 29, 2016, 9:54 AM

Lawson plays many positions along the defensive line.

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Aug 29, 2016, 9:55 AM

He'll be against Fruh most of the game - he's a strongside end, usually - and yes, it is a bit of a concern.

Carl Lawson - when healthy - is an All-American. I watched him in their Spring Game and he was clearly the best player they had on either side of the ball.

I expect a big part of the plan will be similar to what we did against Bama - get the ball out faster than the pass rush gets there, and wear the defense down. We already know Steele will without question be conservative and back his secondary up so there's likely to be a fair bit of cheap stuff available underneath. Steele is NOT going to want to offer 1-on-1's on the outside, whatever.

Aug 29, 2016, 10:21 AM

You run right at Lawson with the 'Wayne Train' and wear him down . Make him defend the running game and plow him over.

Lawson is gonna be tough to handle, but their overall DL

Aug 29, 2016, 10:25 AM

talent and production isn't what we faced against Bama. Even when Lawson beats his man he still has to actually tackle DW - something that even Bama's all-world DL struggled to do in the title game.

TWO WORDS...KEVIN STEELE

Aug 29, 2016, 10:35 AM

Steele will figure out a way to get his defense out of position with crappy calls that will allow our offense to score often.

Malzahn will tell Dabo at the end of the game, Now I know why you let Steele go " .

Replies: 7
| visibility 1,301
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic