Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What were your choices coming out of HS?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What were your choices coming out of HS?

Feb 1, 2014, 3:57 PM

Saw this post on a WVU board and thought it was interesting.

I applied and was accepted at UNC, Usuck, & CU. I only chose Clemson because I was set for an air-conditioned dorm.

One of the best life decisions I ever made.

Go Tigers!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What were your choices coming out of HS?

Feb 1, 2014, 4:00 PM

I applied and was accepted to the US Army. No colleges would have taken me with my lack of give a #### in high school.

10 years later, I'm a Clemson grad. I applied and was accepted to NGCSU out of the Army, and after a year I applied to Clemson and was accepted as a transfer.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only applied to Clemson and was accepted...only thing I

Feb 1, 2014, 4:03 PM

regret is I wish I had been single during that time LOL

Clemson, University of Michigan, USuC..

Feb 1, 2014, 4:04 PM

Don't regret Clemson at all. It would have been cool to go to UM for Architecture though...

FYI, I didn't apply to USuC. I heard youre accepted if any college in the US accepts you.

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

The only other place i bothered to apply was Duke and that

Feb 1, 2014, 4:07 PM

was only because my cousin was already a FR up there during my SR year of HS and i promised him i would do it. I toured Furman, Wofford, and Emory too, but none of them had anything on Clemson for me so i never even filled out the apps.

Clemson

Feb 1, 2014, 4:13 PM

I only applied to Clemson. They sent me a letter before I applied in high school telling me that my application would be accepted if I applied before a certain date. Naturally, I didn't feel the need to apply anywhere else. I was also looking at Georgia tech, because their engineering program is great. But I didn't want to go there

Clemson, scu, Tennessee

Feb 1, 2014, 4:41 PM

And had a partial scholarship for basketball SW Texas St U. I lived in TX so the logical thing to do would have been to stay in TX but I was more interested in watching good football. I had not actually been to any of the schools, degree programs or how good a school it was wasnt something I thought a great deal about either. At the end of the day in middle school (lived cooterville) I picked Clemson. That coupled with the fact Clemson had a pretty good football team (was 1986) sent me to Clemson. I have never regretted that decision.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Choices out of high school?

Feb 1, 2014, 4:46 PM

My dad told me I could attend any state supported school in SC. In the 70s, the short list included Clemson, USC, and Winthrop. Both parents were Appalachian State grads who grew up in NC so we didn't have any of the instate rivalry bias. I told my dad I wanted to go to Clemson because that's where my boyfriend was going. I only applied to Clemson and have never regretted that decision. Oh, by the way, the boyfriend and I have been married for 37 years. Go Tigers!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only applied to Lander. Got the application too late

Feb 1, 2014, 4:56 PM

from Clemson. This was before fax machines, overnight mail, and email.

Went three years to Lander then two at Clemson. Got a degree from each school.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Feb 1, 2014, 5:01 PM

applied to Clemson, Stanford (for ##### and giggles lol), UNC, Duke, Lander and The Citadel. Got accepted to all except Stanford lol. Went to lander for a year then transferred to Clemson

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2014, 5:04 PM

Clemson, Temple, Penn State, and Tennessee. Virginia Tech was my first choice, but they decided I wasn't good enough.

High School senior this year

Feb 1, 2014, 5:06 PM

I applied to Clemson, Alabama, Samford, Ole miss, and Georgia Southern (I live in GA that's the closest school for me) I've gotten into all but Clemson. I haven't heard from them yet. I should find out in 2 weeks. Clemson is my number 1

Feb 1, 2014, 5:11 PM

Clemson, Usuck, Southern Miss,and App. State

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tiger Band 70-74

Feb 12, 2014, 3:23 PM

Clemson. I applied no where else.

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

Just Clemson. Never considered

Feb 12, 2014, 3:41 PM

any other school. My grandfather on my dad's side started the tradition, graduating in 1931. My dad, his brother, my sister and every one of my cousins on my dad's side went to Clemson. I never even thought about applying anywhere else.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 12, 2014, 3:47 PM

Clemson, Coastal Carolina, and Charleston - really just came down to Coastal and Clemson, I got accepted into the honors college at Coastal and I would have only had a 4000/year tutition, but I just wanted to go to Clemson so bad.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Clemson, GT, VT.....***

Feb 12, 2014, 3:50 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

plans...

Feb 12, 2014, 4:17 PM

Anderson College. Only one I applied to. Then the USMC, but was surprised they accepted me. Lol!
Then Embry Riddle.
Then a few community colleges.
Then I decided I wanted to be an engineer. So I went to Greenville Tech, then I applied to Clemson.
15 years and a few weeks after I graduated from high school I became a Clemson graduate.
In Mechanical Engineering no less.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic