Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Hey York_Tiger...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 709

Hey York_Tiger...

May 16, 2012, 10:35 AM

IF all this goes down with Big XII... who would you want to see:

Just Clemson and Fl State? Or... would you rather see them expand to 14 and grab some like Georgia Tech, Notre Dame, Miami, Va Tech, etc..?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

THE TIGERS ARE IN MY HEART..... BUT THE DUCKS ARE IN MY PANTS....

I think expanding to 14 is the best case for them to get

May 16, 2012, 10:37 AM

both FSU and Clemson...

If they go 14, I would want Clemson/FSU/GT/VT.

However, the issue then becomes buyout money. They can probably help Clem/FSU... but not sure about 4 teams.

According to Greg Swaim, the ACC is going to get nuked. No one is happy, (non-NC schools). The question is will ANYTHING be left.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

yeah... it seems to be heading in that direction.

May 16, 2012, 10:41 AM

I've been keeping up with Greg and "the Dude" since January. Pretty interesting to see how they've been right so far...

I think Clemson and FSU is who they'll help with buyout... and think that GT and VT, if offered, would take the hit to get out of the ACC... the sinking ship.

Thats got to give Mike Slive a bit of constipation

May 16, 2012, 10:44 AM [ in reply to I think expanding to 14 is the best case for them to get ]

that puts the big 12 to the west, south, north, east and smack dab in the middle of SEC TV territory.

Swaim also just said this... regarding Texas...

May 16, 2012, 10:45 AM

Greg Swaim ? @GSwaim
Hearing Dodds will go along with consensus to keep unity, and #Big12 "not opposed to grabbing multiple teams, if they're the right teams."

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

If they expand to 14, and grab FSU, Clem, VT, and GT

May 16, 2012, 10:47 AM

that is one HELLUVA conference. I mean... dang. That is right there with SEC, in my opinion.

I don't want to go to the B12 with just FSU, but

May 16, 2012, 10:51 AM

if that package of 4 were to go together, I'm 100% in.

Pick up those teams, plus WVA.....

May 16, 2012, 10:57 AM [ in reply to If they expand to 14, and grab FSU, Clem, VT, and GT ]

...and suddenly that "It's too far to travel" stuff goes out the window if they split into east-west divisions.

I guess they move Iowa State to the east, but they've always been an orphan team anyway...

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Pick up those teams, plus WVA.....

May 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

That would have 6 in the east and 8 in the west.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I would say keep Iowa st in West, and bring Kansas and

May 16, 2012, 11:02 AM

Kansas st to East.

Picky, picky! OK, give us Kansas as well...

May 16, 2012, 11:18 AM [ in reply to Re: Pick up those teams, plus WVA..... ]

...since the ACC schools are already used to snooty blue-wearing entitled basketball teams.

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

OR.......and I like this better......add two more teams from

May 16, 2012, 11:25 AM

our geographical proximity and create a true east/west conference of 16 teams. I'd like to see a fairly tight eastern division.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drop Iowa State for Miami and we're in business.

May 16, 2012, 11:06 AM [ in reply to Pick up those teams, plus WVA..... ]

Nice map by the way.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Miami has purportedly said they are not interested....

May 16, 2012, 11:18 AM

in considering a move to the Big XII.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

I heard a little differently...

May 16, 2012, 11:23 AM

The Big 12 said no thanks to Miami (too much baggage), and that's when Miami suddenly became "not interested".

Git'er done !!!!!***

May 16, 2012, 11:14 AM [ in reply to Pick up those teams, plus WVA..... ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If they expand to 14, and grab FSU, Clem, VT, and GT

May 16, 2012, 11:30 AM [ in reply to If they expand to 14, and grab FSU, Clem, VT, and GT ]

I think there will be all kinds of political pressure to keep VT out of the mix. But it sure would be interesting. I don't think NC State has any desire to be the 14th team, but stranger things have happened.

Re: Hey York_Tiger...

May 16, 2012, 10:38 AM

Not York but I would like to see Louisville and GT.

I cant stand Miami.

null

i doubt Miami happens..... and I think UL and Cincy are down

May 16, 2012, 10:40 AM

the list

If the blogger is at all accurete and to be believed....

May 16, 2012, 11:23 AM

it seems that FSU, Clemson, and Georgia Tech and the top targets. If the Big XII can land all three, the question then becomes, who is No. 14; Virginia Tech, Notre Dame, NC State, Maryland?

Re: Hey York_Tiger...

May 16, 2012, 10:51 AM

I think it would be important for them to grab the southern football schools out of the ACC if only to keep some regional rivalries and encourage fan travel.

I like the idea of Clemson in the Big 12, if only because I am fed up with the ACC. I think it would be great if we could have an eastern division with Clemson, FSU, GT, WVU, and some combo of VT, Maryland, NC ST, Miami. An East vs West format in the B12 would be pretty awesome. It would also ensure fans could easily travel to most games like we can now.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hey Knightiger

May 16, 2012, 10:57 AM

Not being able to see the complete picture of the Oregon girl is just depressing. I mean really, having to scroll down just isn't the same.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I AGREE!! I don't know why Crump changed that. Crazy.***

May 16, 2012, 10:59 AM

Why did Clemson

May 16, 2012, 11:00 AM

and other member schools agree to up the buyout to 20 million last year. To me unless there is a lot of financial help with the buyout or teams can sue their way out of most of the buyout, it is a deal breaker. It would be a 4 year payback. Who know what will be going on in 4 years with college football.

Big XII would help with buyout if they really want

May 16, 2012, 11:01 AM

Clemson and FSU..

Who was going to say no to that?

May 16, 2012, 11:31 AM [ in reply to Why did Clemson ]

Raising the exit fee was a test of loyalty, nothing more. Anyone who said "no, it's good where it is" would automatically be suspected of trying to defect.

I would love to see the ACC crippled to the point of

May 16, 2012, 11:06 AM

extinction, but I doubt all four would go to the BigXII. Nevertheless, the only way I'm in favor of FSU and CU to the BigXII is if there are enough eastern/southern schools added to make a true eastern division. Otherwise, we'll wind up just as unhappy there as we are here. The Texas/OK schools will have it made geographically while we're outsiders politically and geographically. I want to be on equal footing at least within our division.

Replies: 26
| visibility 709
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic