Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson LB leaving the program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 44
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson LB leaving the program

Feb 9, 2015, 2:57 PM

Clemson LB leaving the program

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson LB leaving the program

Feb 9, 2015, 2:59 PM

Best of luck to you KJ! Thanks for being a TIGER!

Feb 10, 2015, 9:16 PM

I agree...best to this young man..So proud of all our Tigers. Whatever he will do with his life he will succeed. Appreciate the job he did for us. You will always be remembered by the Clemson fans. We will still watch to see how you do in the future. Go Tiger. You are part of the Clemson family and as part of the family we will follow your career. Best to you and God Bless.

I hope you have success in all your future endeavors***

Feb 9, 2015, 3:00 PM

Feb 9, 2015, 3:02 PM

Good luck Kellen... You'll always be a Tiger!

Feb 9, 2015, 3:04 PM

I really hate to see you leave big man, but good luck and the best to you. You will always be a Clemson Tiger, and that is something that you can always be proud of. Again, good luck in what ever adventures and path that your life travels. Goooo Tigers!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best of success in all your future endeavors!

Feb 9, 2015, 3:10 PM

Go forth and prosper young man, let that Clemson degree open the world up to you. I look forward to seeing Kellen Jones leading a Fortune 500 company and proudly extolling his Clemson education!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 3:10 PM

Hate to see Kellen leave. He was one of Venables' favorites coming with him from Oklahoma. Chris Register may now have an increased role.

Thanks Kellen for all your hard work and perseverance!

Feb 9, 2015, 3:16 PM

Congrats on getting your degree this year and best of luck! The future is bring for guys like you!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson LB leaving the program ]

Register and Rogers will hopefully make the most of this opportunity. Hate to see KJ gone tho, I was expecting him to play a big roll on D this year.

Feb 9, 2015, 3:22 PM

Beat of luck to him. But let's be honest, if he were going to be good enough to help us then he wouldn't have ever left OU. Didn't understand the hype when he came in......

How does that excrement taste...? You really should quit.***

Feb 10, 2015, 12:38 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2015, 9:22 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson LB leaving the program ]

Maybe getting his degree is more important to him than football. Why be so critical. I wish this young man the best. Lets support anyone who wants to get a degree. Don't knock a person and say things that you know may not be the truth. Most of the fans has wished him well. Every time we are negative it may have an impact on a future Tiger. Lets support and not knock down.

Congratulations on getting your degree !***

Feb 9, 2015, 3:24 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So he finally gets his chance to play

Feb 9, 2015, 3:25 PM

and he leaves? Outside looking in here but that stinks for him. He was going to get consistent PT. Stinks to lose experience in the system when we need it. Good luck KJ.

Re: So he finally gets his chance to play

Feb 9, 2015, 3:30 PM

No he wasn't. If he was going to be a major contributor he wouldn't have "decided" to up and leave. Sometimes you gotta read between the lines. Best of luck to him

He's got a Clemson degree and a year of eligibility -

Feb 9, 2015, 4:04 PM [ in reply to So he finally gets his chance to play ]

He can play somewhere next year if he wants to.

As other's have pointed out, he probably was going to be buried on the depth chart at Clemson in 2015.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don't know if he was going to get consistent PT.

Feb 9, 2015, 4:38 PM [ in reply to So he finally gets his chance to play ]

He got very few snaps against Oklahoma with Anthony out the first half. Boulware got 'em all.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"He is really excited about...living in another city..."

Feb 9, 2015, 3:26 PM

We've GOT to get a Chick-Fil-A! Stat!

:)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

jim boheim should open a fine dining chic fil a***

Feb 10, 2015, 9:21 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the defense would be relying on him this year, but

For him to be leaving now with 4 years in Venables' system (one at OU and 3 here) and what should be a leg up on the competition then I am guessing that Register, Rogers, Goodson, and O'Daniel are doing really well, Thus Kellen sees the writing on the wall. I cannot and will not fault the guy for graduating and thus looking for a place where he is sure to get a chance to play and enjoy his last year of eligibility.

Best of luck Kellen and you will always be a Tiger to me. Wherever you end up make the most of it.

Well said--I agree***

Feb 9, 2015, 9:18 PM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"It is not part of a true culture to tame tigers any more than it is to make sheep ferocious."
--Henry David Thoreau

Good luck KJ. Clemson was better with you as a student athlete. We will all miss you on our defense. Get that degree and remember Tiger Nation is pulling for you.

Econ major

Feb 9, 2015, 3:37 PM

He'll do just fine in life. We needed him for sure, but that just means a youngster will have to step up.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Econ major

Feb 9, 2015, 3:57 PM

Good luck Kellen! I thought this would be his year on the field (of course what do I know compared to Dabo and co?). I'm proud of this young man for graduating with a difficult degree to earn. There is no shame in contributing to society in ways besides the gridiron.

Do we not offer a Masters in Econ? Also, if he finds a

Feb 9, 2015, 4:10 PM

better "city" than Clemson, please call and let us know. NOT GOING TO HAPPEN!
Best of luck and may God bless.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I hope he gets one more year of football.***

Feb 9, 2015, 4:00 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 9, 2015, 4:29 PM

Hate to see you leave KJ. With your degree, We wish you all the sucess in the world! GO forward and always be a TIGER! GO TIGERS!!!

Jones; All the best***

Feb 9, 2015, 4:41 PM

Re: Good luck, Tiger.

Feb 9, 2015, 5:05 PM

Thank you for bringing your talents to Clemson.

I'm sorry to hear Jones is leaving

Feb 9, 2015, 5:17 PM

I was definitely looking forward to seeing him play next season. I wish him well.

Feb 9, 2015, 5:40 PM

I wish you every success and many blessings, Kellen. Thank you for your contribution to our football program. Loved your comments before the Bowl game! You'll be missed!

Feb 9, 2015, 5:41 PM

There's more to this story. Guy transferred once already and is leaving a Clemson program that is on the rise and a possible playoff contender.

Congratulations to a fine young man and great Tiger....

Feb 9, 2015, 6:20 PM

we did get him play as much as we would have liked , but he has a Clemson degree ( in Economics at that ! NOT an easy thing to do at al !) and has made HIS decision to move on in life.. I wish him the best of luck and thank him for being a Tiger and giving us his all and for working hard to overcome some adversity with his injuries....very impressed with Econ degree, I am a Clemson grad and I never could have made it through Clemson if I had to major Econ ...Good Luck, Mr Jones !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Congratulations to a fine young man and great Tiger....

Feb 9, 2015, 7:38 PM

meant to say we did not get to see him play as much as we would have liked ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

always wanted to see this guy do well

Feb 9, 2015, 6:56 PM

After he followed BV from OK I had high hopes for him. He just couldn't get on the field though. I wish him the best of luck.

Any chance he goes to SMU for a year?***

Feb 9, 2015, 7:05 PM

Re: Any chance he goes to SMU for a year?***

Feb 9, 2015, 7:56 PM

That's OK with me. Best wishes for your continued success KJ. Please keep in touch with your Clemson family. Go Tigers!

Re: Any chance he goes to SMU for a year?***

Feb 9, 2015, 9:07 PM

I'm thinking SMU is exactly where he is going, being that his family is in Houston!!!! This would be great for him. I wish him nothing but the best.

But SMU is in Dallas, not Houston

Feb 10, 2015, 4:39 AM

nm

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 10, 2015, 12:24 AM

Thanks and Gratz on graduation!!!!! Good luck in Grad school:)

Feb 10, 2015, 7:51 AM

Outstanding work!

Time to get on in the business world!

Good Luck and God's Speed!

Feb 10, 2015, 1:10 PM

Good luck to Kellen and to his family. It sounds as though his experiences at Clemson helped guide his life and I know he will be a great example for others to follow, as well.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We need him next Yr. hate to see him go***

Feb 10, 2015, 9:19 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

this hurts, this guys a beast, wanted to see him Play!

Feb 10, 2015, 11:16 PM

He looks like a beast! Love to see him on the field this year. We are deep but Kellen is a great football player.
We are going to miss you an you will always be a Tiger! Good luck no matter where you play.

We will miss you for sure brother. I hope this means we have some tough competition this year. We wanted. To see you holding the National Championship Trophy this year. He knows we will be special this year. Hope he has other goals in mind.

Always a Tiger and we will always wonder what the freaks last year would be. God bless you Brother!!!

Go Tigers!!!

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Replies: 44
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic