Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why can't Trump just admit he made a mistake?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 58
| visibility 1

Why can't Trump just admit he made a mistake?

Nov 22, 2019, 12:14 PM

Wouldn't it be better for him at this point to admit that his call with Ukraine was a little less than "perfect," like he keeps claiming, and to then move on to arguing that what happened wasn't impeachable? I'd be surprised if this wasn't what some of the people around him are telling him to do, but maybe Trump's now surrounded by the "Yes Men" John Kelly warned him about.

Is this just another personality flaw, or do people think chalking all criticisms of Trump's behavior and conduct of government up to partisanship is just a better tactic?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He can't

Nov 22, 2019, 12:16 PM

his cult won't allow it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

They'll go along with anything he says or does, though***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:16 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: They'll go along with anything he says or does, though***

Nov 23, 2019, 6:38 AM

Spineless wusses without morals love him. They don't realize that they can criticize him and still bash the liberals. Criticizing Trump doesn't mean they have left the Repub party. Trump is a dirtbag.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not new

Nov 22, 2019, 12:22 PM [ in reply to He can't ]

He's never done it. When he lost bankruptcy cases - he publicly stated he won them.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what mistake?

Nov 22, 2019, 12:18 PM

presidents negotiate, some negotiate without pallets of cash

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems a good idea to negotiate with the other party’s $$$***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:34 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he has made mistakes, trusting sessions, trusting ryan

Nov 22, 2019, 12:19 PM

etc

LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Nov 22, 2019, 12:24 PM

This is some batshit craziness right here

lyin ryan and lyin sessions

Nov 22, 2019, 12:32 PM

imagine hiring a fella and the first day says he cant do his job

i cant believe trump kept signing CRs with a promise from ryan to get wall funding "next time, i promise"

It's always somebody else's fault

Nov 22, 2019, 12:33 PM

Especially much more competent, principled, ethical people. Sessions has to be wondering why he sucked up to Trump in the first place.

Re: It's always somebody else's fault

Nov 22, 2019, 3:11 PM

Sessions is running for Senate again and has been sucking up to Trump in his campaign ads. It's truly pathetic.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/jeff-sessions-dons-maga-hat-again-in-new-campaign-ad

Yet, he's still trying to kiss that ring.

Nov 22, 2019, 3:11 PM [ in reply to It's always somebody else's fault ]

<###### async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8">

Re: LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

Nov 22, 2019, 8:08 PM [ in reply to LOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL ]

So is thinking rat Ryan or Romney would make a good President.

What does he stand to gain by doing that?

Nov 22, 2019, 12:20 PM

He hasn't lost his base and the party is protecting him. There's no incentive for contrition at this point.

gaining independents and democrat votes

Nov 22, 2019, 12:23 PM

especially rust belt dems

Same reason Clinton, Reagan, and Nixon did it

Nov 22, 2019, 12:23 PM [ in reply to What does he stand to gain by doing that? ]

You can diffuse some of the retributive anger by asking for forgiveness. I think some Republicans are just about done with him.

Message was edited by: camcgee®

why change?

Nov 22, 2019, 12:25 PM

would look weak in my opinion, like chic-fil-a this week hahaha

Because he'd be admitting what everybody already knows

Nov 22, 2019, 12:30 PM

His base doesn't care what he does or says, they'll support it. Principled conservatives who won't vote for Democrats might be persuaded not to just drop out, though. And independents who don't like Democrats' extremism may see Trump as more reasonable.

And then there's the whole pesky truth thing.

trump blew up the R establishment and you mad lol***

Trump is the R establishment***

that is closer to batshit crazy

Nov 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

see the part where he doesnt nation build

What do you think "establishment" means?***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:50 PM

I think this is correct.

Nov 22, 2019, 2:39 PM [ in reply to that is closer to batshit crazy ]

He clears out so Putin can do it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're both right.***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:37 PM [ in reply to Trump is the R establishment*** ]

Re: Because he'd be admitting what everybody already knows

Nov 22, 2019, 12:54 PM [ in reply to Because he'd be admitting what everybody already knows ]

This is most like Iran/Contra. Forgot about that one. ***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:30 PM [ in reply to Same reason Clinton, Reagan, and Nixon did it ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The difference is Reagan's admin was competent***

remember when reagan got hosed by the democrat on

amnesty lol

Re: remember when reagan got hosed by the democrat on

Nov 22, 2019, 1:05 PM

Yep, and now when amnesty is brought up pubs #### their pants and start crying. Funny how times change.

I respect people who admit and learn from their mistakes.***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:23 PM

Re: I respect people who admit and learn from their mistakes.***

Nov 23, 2019, 5:07 AM

It's safe to say you have zero respect for Pelosi, Schiff, Nadler, Comey, Brennan, McCabe, et cetera then, right?

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When's the last time you heard anyone in government

Nov 22, 2019, 12:37 PM

admit to a mistake? Not talking about getting caught in some moral thing, but actually admitting something about their governing was wrong?

Hearing a politician admit error would make me much more likely to vote for them.

Few things show strength of character and strong leadership like apologizing.

not during wartime***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:38 PM

Re: not during wartime***

Nov 22, 2019, 1:07 PM

Only a ##### can't admit when they are wrong regardless of when it happens.

Re: When's the last time you heard anyone in government

Nov 22, 2019, 12:39 PM [ in reply to When's the last time you heard anyone in government ]

Image result for councilman dexhart gif

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

It happens, as I alluded to above***

Nov 22, 2019, 12:51 PM [ in reply to When's the last time you heard anyone in government ]

What's worse is being wrong, not admitting you were wrong,

Nov 22, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to When's the last time you heard anyone in government ]

and then keep doing what was wrong. Ethanol is just one example.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think he could admit that the whole situation looked

Nov 22, 2019, 12:40 PM

It didn't just look improper.

Nov 22, 2019, 1:34 PM

Also, the GOP was able to call two witnesses, neither of whom did them any favors. They wanted to subpoena Hunter Biden, as if he has any relevant testimony that could shed light on whether or not Trump abused his powers, and they cried foul when they didn't get their way. The people complaining that the hearings were a circus were trying to turn the hearings into a circus.

Re: It didn't just look improper.

Nov 22, 2019, 1:39 PM

Who did they wanna call as witnesses?

Nov 22, 2019, 2:13 PM

I'd love to know what exculpatory evidence is out there, especially considering we've heard both that there was no quid pro quo and also that there was quid pro quo and it happens all the time and is totally legit. In either of these fleeting realities Trump did nothing wrong, so what could any defense witness possibly testify about?

Also it wasn't all one sided: The Trump administration blocked witnesses (Pompeo, Mulvaney, Bolton, etc.) from testifying. They tried to block everyone from testifying, but some people ignored the instructions and cooperated with the investigation. And now, without a shred of irony or self-awareness, Republicans in the House are complaining that the Democrats blocked witnesses from testifying.

Here's a good summary:

Nov 22, 2019, 3:32 PM

The House’s first two witnesses were the administration’s former and current acting ambassador to Ukraine: Yovanovitch and Taylor, respectively. Both witnesses went after the president’s personal lawyer, Rudy Giuliani, whom Trump was using as his ad-hoc point man for Ukraine throughout this year. Yovanovitch testified that Giuliani had worked with corrupt U.S. and Ukrainian businessmen as part of a smear campaign to get Trump to fire her, which he did in May.

Taylor, who was brought on to replace her, testified that he soon learned that he was only nominally in charge of Ukrainian policy—Trump had entrusted the issue he really cared about, getting Ukraine to investigate the DNC and the Bidens, to the “irregular channel” of Giuliani and another political ally, U.S. ambassador to the EU, Gordon Sondland. Taylor also testified that he soon learned about the irregular channel’s plan: to force Ukraine to commit publicly to those investigations by withholding the possibility of a state visit and congressionally appropriated military aid until they did so.

Super Tuesday: Alexander Vindman and Jennifer Williams, Tim Morrison and Kurt Volker

Next up were the first two witnesses who listened in on Trump’s July 25 phone call with the president of Ukraine: Lt. Col. Vindman, a top Ukraine expert at the National Security Council, and Williams, an adviser to Mike Pence. Both testified that they had found the call unsettling and inappropriate, and both claimed that no one they knew in the administration had supported the decision to hold up the aid. Vindman also pushed back against the notion that the White House had placed the recording of the Ukraine call on a secure server to cover it up: “I didn’t take it as anything nefarious,” he said.

The same afternoon, investigators heard from two former officials: Vindman’s previous NSC boss, Tim Morrison, and the former special envoy to Ukraine, Kurt Volker. Morrison disagreed with the morning witnesses’ assessment of the July 25 call, testifying that he believed nothing illegal had taken place on the call. Meanwhile, Volker claimed that he was unaware that U.S. military aid had been linked to Ukraine committing to Trump’s investigations, insisted he had not known those investigations were connected to the Bidens, and denounced what he described as “Giuliani’s conspiracy theory” about them.

Wednesday: Gordon Sondland, Laura Cooper and David Hale

This was a big one: Sondland, who worked directly with Giuliani to help Trump secure his desired investigations from Ukraine, testified that he and Giuliani had indeed pushed a quid pro quo and that he had worked with Giuliani “at the express direction of the president of the United States.” He also claimed that “everyone was in the loop” about the scheme, including Pence, Pompeo, and acting chief of staff Mick Mulvaney. He was careful, however, to point out that while he had spoken with Trump directly about the investigations, it was only Giuliani who’d ever spoken explicitly about a quid pro quo.

Cooper, a Defense Department official, testified that Ukrainian officials had begun asking about the hold-up of the aid on July 25—the same day Trump had spoken to Ukrainian President Zelensky and long before the White House had suggested the Ukrainians had known about it. Hale, the third-ranking official at the State Department, was one of three officials that Republicans had listed on their witness list who would testify in the proceedings. He said the firing of Yovanovitch was wrong and agreed that withholding aid from an ally to compel an announcement of the investigation into a political rival was “completely inappropriate.”

Thursday: Fiona Hill and David Holmes

Hill, a former Russia expert at the White House, is primarily noteworthy because she tussled with Sondland over what she took to be his elbowing in on Ukraine during her time in the administration. During her testimony Thursday, she backed up Taylor’s testimony about two separate chains of command on Ukraine: “He was being involved in a domestic political errand. And we were being involved in national security foreign policy, and those two things had just diverged.”

Holmes, meanwhile, is an aide to Bill Taylor, notable because he overheard a phone conversation between Sondland and Trump the day after the infamous Trump/Ukraine call. Holmes testified that he heard Trump ask Sondland if Zelensky would “do the investigation,” and Sondland told him Zelensky “loves your ###” and “will do anything you ask.”

This and the transcript are all you need

Nov 22, 2019, 3:37 PM

lol

Nov 22, 2019, 4:52 PM

TheProdigal
According to Prod, every witnesses was evidence lol

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How is it not evidence?

Nov 22, 2019, 7:57 PM

I think we must have different definitions of the word "evidence".

I think when you say the word "evidence," you mean "good evidence". I just mean evidence, without regard to quality.

Again I repeat, though you don't seem to acknowledge it: I *agree* with you that the evidence presented by the witnesses was not good enough to justify impeachment. I agree with you that, in many cases, it was poor evidence.

To say that they presented no evidence is, to me, the same thing as saying their testimonies do not exist, and the hearings have all been figments of our imagination.

So if I go to a trial on you and say

Nov 22, 2019, 10:44 PM

You killed a bum. That's evidence? No that's hearsay. Evidence proves something. Someone's word does not prove a thing.

That Sondland dude previously testified and then changed is testimonymat this hearing. Which testimony do you believe. You can't believe either because he can't prove which one is right

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: This and the transcript are all you need

Nov 23, 2019, 1:47 PM [ in reply to This and the transcript are all you need ]

That was a talented cross examination. It does not, however, belie the fact that Trump asked the Ukrainian President to investigate Biden and is the only company or person that Trump specifically asked by name.

Trump's actions speak so loudly, I can't here what you're saying.

Re: This and the transcript are all you need

Nov 24, 2019, 11:41 PM

Trump could call Zelensky on the phone at 12 Noon EST on Thanksgiving Day on live TV with the speaker turned on asking how the Biden investigation is going and broadcast it to the world and he still hasn't done anything unethical, or impeachable.
That's the part you Dems don't seem to understand. You shouldn't need it explained to you either.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You'd have to believe Rudy was in charge w/o Trump knowing

Nov 22, 2019, 3:47 PM [ in reply to Here's a good summary: ]

in order to try and claim Trump didn't know about the QPQ which is impossible considering we have the call summary where Trump mentions both the military aid and the investigations into Biden.

I could understand some thinking there wasn't enough here to impeach IF we didn't have the call summary because there would be no direct linkage to Trump (other than implied through Rudy) knowing about the QPQ. But, since we have the call summary it's 100% clear what transpired was a QPQ of military aid for the announcement of investigations.

Couple of other facts:

-The timing of the release of the aid being shortly after the whistleblower/investigations into the QDP start (Trump released aid after he was caught).

-Zelensky was set to make the announcement of the investigation on CNN but backed out once the aid was released (confirming his statement was tied to the military aid).

-Popular defense of Trump is he cared about corruption, yet Vindman testified that he prepared talking points on corruption for Trump to bring up with his phone calls with Zelensky, yet in neither phone call does Trump bring up corruption. We also have Ukraine being the only time Trump seemingly has ever cared about anti-corruption tied to aid (Israel/S.Arabia being most obvious examples of other possible cases where corruption should matter).

Uh, welcome to Obama!!

Nov 22, 2019, 4:53 PM

According to him, he only learned of EVERY scandal, On The News!!!

you sound bitter***

Nov 22, 2019, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Who did they wanna call as witnesses? ]

Re: Why can't Trump just admit he made a mistake?

Nov 22, 2019, 1:57 PM

Because his cult is nuts. They are paranoid. They should just say the Dems are too extreme and he is the lesser of two evils.

Right? I don't get the love

Nov 22, 2019, 3:25 PM

Nobody should love or hate politicians like that

narcissists don't do that

Nov 22, 2019, 2:14 PM

I know, I used to work for one

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Trump is actually giving me insight into my fiancee's mom

Nov 22, 2019, 3:25 PM

Her mom is an awful narcissist who just about ruined her childhood. The way Trump acts is helping me understand a little of what she went through, although Trump's kids seem to like him. And at least he was able to provide fund for his kids to live on.

Would you admit you made a mistake when there are

Nov 22, 2019, 2:48 PM

bootlickers everywhere waiting to defend your every move?

Because no one can prove his only motive in asking...

Nov 22, 2019, 5:09 PM

Ukraine to investigate the 2016 Ukrainian election meddling was to damage Biden. Trump probably can't prove that wasn't one of his goals but the burden of proof is not on the accused in this country.

Any admission of a mistake would be a confession, imo. I believe seeking the truth about the Bidens corruption was surely part of Trump's goal but since Durham is now seeking to expose Ukrainian meddling Biden may not be the only reason for Trump's request.

Trump wants this to go to the senate for trial. Pubs can call the Bidens, Schiff and the whistleblower along with anyone and everyone else who will give the opposite but equally useless opinions which those witnesses who testified in the house gave. He can also highlight the IG report and Durham's investigation politicizing both and presenting himself as a victim of the 'deep state.'

This is a win/win for Trump. Impeach him and the dems will suffer the wrath of the independents. Don't impeach him and dems will suffer the wrath of the dem base.

Why would Trump risk that by admitting he made a mistake. I doubt he believes he made a mistake.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Same reason why your parents wouldn’t...

Nov 23, 2019, 10:49 AM

BURN!!!!!!!!!!

Only kidding, kidding...settle down...

Replies: 58
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic