Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ahem
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 24
| visibility 326

ahem

Sep 4, 2018, 6:21 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll tell you who the real hero is:

Sep 4, 2018, 6:28 PM

Col. Charles "Chappy" Sinclair

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll tell you who the real hero is:

Sep 4, 2018, 9:50 PM

Honey Roy Palmer beat up ten rednecks in one day without the help of a pilot's son, the USAF or an F-16 fighter.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I know this has become a favorite false dichotomy in this

Sep 4, 2018, 6:36 PM

Throw in military folks as a counter to Kaepernick. Hell, running to military examples has always been the refuge of scoundrels in a debate, especially when the discussion at hand has nothing to do with the military. Because who is going to say something bad about the military, right?

Kaepernick's actions have nothing to do with the military, and no one is arguing he is some kind of great hero above soldiers. Again, let's remember, his protest isn't about our military and it isn't an insult to our military.

The most common usage has been Pat Tillman, of course, but let's hear the words of his own widow following Trump's invocation of Tillman's name in regards to the kneeling:

"The very action of self expression and the freedom to speak from one’s heart — no matter those views — is what Pat and so many other Americans have given their lives for."

Tillman himself didn't want his name exploited if he died.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2018/09/04/he-would-be-first-kneel-pat-tillman-exploited-attack-kaepernick-biographer-says/?utm_term=.9b53ea0a6929

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Taking a knee is not a protest.

Sep 4, 2018, 6:40 PM

Knee all you want, what changes?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Taking a knee is not a protest.

Sep 4, 2018, 6:41 PM

pro·test
noun
noun: protest; plural noun: protests
?pr??test/

a statement or action expressing disapproval of or objection to something.

Thanks for playing.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

He really showed that National Anthem!***

Sep 4, 2018, 6:44 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-beeksteak-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the end of the day...

Sep 4, 2018, 6:45 PM

It appears to accomplish nothing, this kneeling.

Except make some snowflakes extremely butthurt.

Doesn't hurt my butt if he kneels.***

Sep 4, 2018, 6:47 PM

Depends on how far you bend over!***

Sep 4, 2018, 6:49 PM

Heeeyyyyyooooooooooooooo!***

Sep 4, 2018, 6:50 PM

HeII, I havent seen one player protest the whole offseason***

Sep 4, 2018, 6:43 PM [ in reply to Taking a knee is not a protest. ]

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

Peaceful protest is everyone's right, and is as American as

Sep 4, 2018, 7:14 PM [ in reply to I know this has become a favorite false dichotomy in this ]

apple pie. Not standing to honor the flag is disrespectful to the flag, what it stands for, and to those who sacrificed their lives defending the things it stands for. The flag should be a uniter, not a divider. I, like many Americans, supprort Kapernick's right to protest, but disagree with his using the symbols of American ideals in a disrespectful way to make his point. If his goal is to bring an end to what he believes is social injustice, he is failing on a massive scale. To bring about change, he is going to have to change the minds of people who don't already agree with him, yet all he is doing is pi$$ing those people off. On some level, he knows this, and I believe this is as much about his own ego as it is about doing anything for other people. He has certainly benefitted from the attention.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Does he even talk?***

Sep 4, 2018, 7:16 PM

Yes, and from what little I've heard, I don't agree with him

Sep 4, 2018, 7:29 PM

at all. But, for the most part, I don't listen because he's chosen to draw attention to himself by being disrespectful to symbols that represent American ideals.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

He just wants his own Che Guevara like tshirt...

Sep 4, 2018, 9:09 PM

with a swoosh.

ohheckfire...fire rain eminent on yer head***

Sep 4, 2018, 6:42 PM

If she's a hollerer, she'll be a screamer.
If she's a screamer, she'll get you arrested.

moar...

Sep 4, 2018, 6:46 PM

https://twitter.com/i/status/1037080390278754306

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Glen Coffee quit football in 2010. Joined Army in 2013.

Sep 4, 2018, 6:59 PM

Did not give up football for the military.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At least he looked for something positive to do...

Sep 4, 2018, 7:01 PM

after he knew he couldn't make it in the NFL, eh?

Re: At least he looked for something positive to do...

Sep 4, 2018, 7:05 PM

This I agree with 100% that it was a apparently a good move for Glen. Pointing out to APM if he is going to use a visual, he should use an accurate one.

I remember when he walked away. Just said he was done and God had other plans for him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Noticed Trump's military record isn't used for CK comparison***

Sep 4, 2018, 7:02 PM

Trump thinks Southerners are dumb.***

Sep 4, 2018, 7:17 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So do most people.

Sep 4, 2018, 7:21 PM

right?

Kneels for the flag, bows for the dollar.

Sep 4, 2018, 7:04 PM

And just cost Nike $4 Billion in stock value.

Replies: 24
| visibility 326
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic