Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
What does it take for Tavien Feaster to be a 5 star ??
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 1

What does it take for Tavien Feaster to be a 5 star ??

Aug 24, 2015, 10:52 PM

I mean other than not being committed to Clemson.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What does it take for Tavien Feaster to be a 5 star ??

Aug 24, 2015, 11:03 PM

He needs to be seen with Saban . Just seen , not actually even doing anything football related .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

^^^^^^^^^^^***

Aug 24, 2015, 11:23 PM

That's a very reasonable question, and I think it shows how

Aug 24, 2015, 11:06 PM

the star rankings are often misleading and just don't mean exactly what we think they do. In Feaster's case, I think it's more important that he's rated as the #1 or #2 player at his position by all of the recruiting services. The criteria for getting that 5th star varies anyway. I do find it strange that 247 only gives Feaster, one of the fastest football/track athletes in the whole country an "8" (on a scale of 1-10) for speed; that's a real head scratcher to me.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

That's obvious.

Aug 24, 2015, 11:18 PM

He just doesn't have SEC speed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's got to be it.***

Aug 24, 2015, 11:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

First he has to decommit.

Aug 24, 2015, 11:17 PM

Then take visits to Bama, LSU, Auburn, UF and UT. hth

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: First he has to decommit.

Aug 24, 2015, 11:19 PM

According to rivals he has to show up at their camp and compete. Obv films and raw natural ability means nothing anymore

Aug 24, 2015, 11:41 PM

He is a 5* on 24/7, probably one or two of the others will give him a 5th if he plays well. He's gonna be 5* for us. That's what I care about.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2015, 11:41 PM

His is a perfect example of the farcical nature of recruiting services. There's a reason EVERY major program in the country wants him - he's in the top 3 RB prospects this decade, yet he is repeatedly dropped due to his early commitment.

He must be the ranked #2 RB in the nation.......oh...wait

Aug 25, 2015, 1:12 AM

#

He must be the ranked #2 RB in the nation.......oh...wait

Aug 25, 2015, 1:15 AM

#

How is he not a 5 star guy?!

Aug 25, 2015, 1:50 AM

Doesn't make sense.

He's only been to to one Rivals camp and did not have a good outing.

Aug 25, 2015, 5:15 AM

Sometimes they put too much stock in a camp but this also helped TJ Chase. He had a fantastic camp circuit this summer.

Feaster will rise again once he's done with the season and shows out at Allstar games.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Ran a 4.34 @Nike Combine. What more do they want?

Aug 25, 2015, 5:31 AM

If they wanna base stuff on camps fine. But they can't say he didn't perform well or he had a "down year." As stated, he ran a 4.34 laser timed 40 at the Nike Combine in Columbus Ohio. By comparison, CJ Spiller ran a 4.37 40 time at the 2010 NFL combine. He was also named 2015 4A SC HS athlete of the year. He's got the wheels and exceptional size for a RB. It's not like he's a small, slow guy.

Plus, he's got the numbers in consecutive seasons too. Injured shoulder junior year but still had 1,153 rushing yards with 15 TDs. Also had 1,016 receiving yards and 11 TDs . Showed out at the 2014 State Title game with 130 rush yds 2 TDs on 26 carries, 5 recs for 132 yds TD, and had a 44 yd INT return.

So please, pundits, please give the man his due 5th star.

Aug 25, 2015, 7:27 AM

It is all about keeping CLEMSON down on total rankings! NOT about Feaster ! Feaster is a 7*.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not saying he doesn't deserve it, but only about ~30 players

Aug 25, 2015, 7:40 AM

per year get 5* ratings. There's a lot of competition for those spots.

Re: About four games

Aug 25, 2015, 8:15 AM

My daughter cheers for SHS and I got to see almost all the games last year. I look forward to seeing all the games this year (except the 1st one in FLA).

Watching Tavien, I have the same excitement and anticipation as I had watching CJ. Any play, any time, all he needs is a crease and he's gone.

Can't wait to see him in orange next year.

Replies: 17
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic