Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Never too early for a decootment, right....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 2,726

Never too early for a decootment, right....

Sep 28, 2015, 4:53 PM

'South Carolina’s struggles concern one of team’s top recruits'

Marlon Character, a 3-star safety from Grady High School (Ga.), told the AJC’s SECCountry.com that he isn’t sure what to expect from the Gamecocks moving forward amid recent conversations surrounding coach Steve Spurrier’s supposed decline.

“That’s the thing, I don’t know what to expect,” Character said. “They just got a new defensive coordinator, coach Jon Hoke. Before I committed, I didn’t really know he was the defensive coordinator. I knew he was the co-defensive coordinator, but I didn’t know he was the defensive coordinator officially, now, and the defensive backs coach.”

His concerns with South Carolina appear to have created an opening for Auburn, a school he admits he was close to committing to following an unofficial visit over the summer. Character unofficially visited Auburn over the weekend for its game against Mississippi State. He said his connection with the Tigers is the best it has been since he opened up his recruitment.

“I can say my relationship with Auburn is getting stronger,” Character said. “As of right now, it’s probably in the best position that it’s been in since probably my entire recruitment. The thing I can say is, I can keep building my relationship with the coaches and keep watching them build as a team.”

Character tells SECCountry.com that he was happy with what he saw from Auburn’s secondary on Saturday, and says he can envision playing alongside the relatively young unit. He’s also confident in the direction Auburn is headed under defensive coordinator Will Muschamp and defensive backs coach Travaris Robinson despite the program’s sluggish start to the season.

“(Robinson) has a lot of energy,” Character said. “He brings a lot of passion to the game. I was watching him warm up the defensive backs and saw his intensity. He’s a great defensive backs coach. And coach Will Muschamp is a great defensive coordinator. I talk to them both on a day-to-day basis.”

On the contrary, when asked about his relationship with South Carolina co-defensive coordinator Jon Hoke, Character said they don’t speak as often.

But the 6-foot, 170-pounder says he remains committed to South Carolina. His father told SECCountry.com that the Gamecocks will eventually rise to their proper place in the SEC, but he conceded that Auburn is a “very” close No. 2.

What would it take for Character to change his mind about South Carolina?

“It’s going to come down to what do I want to do,” Character said. “I’m not really sure what it could take because winning games is not really important to me right now. Who can develop me the most? Whoever can show me they can do that the best, then that’s who I’m going with.”

Character has yet to determine dates for his five official visits, but his next trip to Auburn will likely be an official.

He is ranked as the No. 28 player in Georgia.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Never too early for a decootment, right....

Sep 28, 2015, 4:55 PM

Does Character have good or bad character? It's important ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2015, 4:57 PM

I think he has Marlon chracter

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"They supposed to be SEC?...."

Sep 28, 2015, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Never too early for a decootment, right.... ]

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xX0_KCpfDIQ

If winning games is not really important to you....

Sep 28, 2015, 4:59 PM

then the University of Second Choice may be the place for you afterall.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Whoever is in charge of reminding the scu recruits that

Sep 28, 2015, 4:59 PM

scu is in the sec and has sec money, should be fired.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Hey, I think I found their next QB.....

Sep 28, 2015, 5:01 PM

http://www.wxii12.com/national/watch-this-pro-stone-skipper-make-it-all-the-way-across-lake/35481322

Solid throw is solid.

No place for Character at SCar***

Sep 28, 2015, 5:04 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

WL

He IS committed to the the right place..since he says...

Sep 28, 2015, 5:27 PM

"...winning games is not really important to me..."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 28, 2015, 5:29 PM

He's pretty good, kind of a safety-CB tweener. Runs well, is a taller guy with a wingspan, may not have the hip turn for corner and probably is more of a centerfielder than a hitter as a safety.

Probably a high-end three-star guy if I was rating him, the kind of guy teams like Clemson/Auburn/UGA either offer in camp because he really convinced them and they think they can develop him, or a guy they offer late when they miss on the really high-end 4-and-5-star guys at a position.

I have not heard about any "character" issues on this guy. Which is not true of a couple of their other current commits....

Sep 28, 2015, 6:28 PM

Yeah, safe to say he won't be a Gamecock. I haven't heard many positive things about Hoke as a recruiter.

Sounds like he's as good as gone...

Sep 28, 2015, 7:56 PM

...but no idea how that other train wreck on dee planes is any better of a situation for him. Good luck Mr. Character.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Replies: 11
| visibility 2,726
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic