Topic: Graduated out!!!
Replies: 10   Last Post: May 16, 2018 3:07 PM by: walrus
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Graduated out!!!

[18]
Posted: May 15, 2018 6:09 AM

Friday I watched two of my adopted daughters(best friends of my daughter's) graduate from Clemson, then ran over to Atlanta to watch my daughter graduate from Emory on Monday in a FIVE hour ceremony(they really do them long there). Glad it is all over. I have one more to go in June, then I'm done for a long time I hope.

Re: Graduated out!!!

[3]
Posted: May 15, 2018 6:16 AM

Congratulations to all ... especially to you for the patience and perseverance .

2018 white level member

DB23

[1]
Posted: May 15, 2018 10:26 AM

Emory? Thats where they make the boards for fingernails right? ;) Seriously congrats to her

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Walrus..congrats to all

[2]
Posted: May 15, 2018 10:33 AM

and know I’ve never been to see Emory campus but must after seeing a recent photo of campus with ATL skyline in background..It’s Beautiful.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg

To All CLEMSON TiGERS..Sending you Bright Light from the Carolina Coast and hoping you get to witness a huge Orange sunset tonight. Go Tigers!

It is a beautiful campus...you are actually in

[1]
Posted: May 15, 2018 12:22 PM

Atlanta, but with all the hills and trees you don't realize it. But after her freshmen year it seemed that she kept moving closer to the CDC and her senior year it was half a mile away from her apartment on Clairmont.

[1]
Posted: May 16, 2018 1:31 PM

yes.the boards were invented there,so the school gets a residual on every one made,and that's why emory has such a large endowment.

2018 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Nope, The Coca-Cola inventor went there...

Posted: May 16, 2018 3:07 PM

Hence the huge endowment and no FOOTBALL team. He had a relative killed playing football in the early days and if Emory ever fields a school football team it stops. Our speaker was the guy who started "Dollar Shave Club" who is also an amateur comedian so it was one of the best commencement addresses ever. The guy graduated with a 2.6 GPA and is now a billionaire.
He made poor Professor Giles, who flunked him twice before he graduated in 2002, stand up and get a round of applause. The poor Prof looked totally bumfuzzled and said he didn't remember him at all. Then he made us all give a round of applause for all the kids whose name started with "Z" because they were always last in everything that was done alphabetically! He was the best part of the ceremony outside the actual graduation.

[1]
Posted: May 15, 2018 1:04 PM

So are you the "last man standing" walrus?
Congratulations as well

Emory graduation memory

[1]
Posted: May 16, 2018 11:10 AM

I taught for 8 years at Druid Hills HS which is on/next to the Emory campus. As a teacher at DH, you had better get to school early on graduation day or your parking space might be taken.

God I love you guys!...

Posted: May 16, 2018 11:37 AM

Thanks for the sympathy.

Re: God I love you guys!...

[1]
Posted: May 16, 2018 2:13 PM

Congrats. Now you start saving some money for yourself.

2018 purple level member

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (2) Season Tickets in Section S Row FF for $800 a ticket OBO. Go Tigers!!!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1920 people have read this post