Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson 2016 "trap" game? What jumps out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1

Clemson 2016 "trap" game? What jumps out?

Jul 25, 2016, 4:19 PM

My choice would be Boston College on a Friday night on television. Clemson will already played Allbarn

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think this team has the right mentality

Jul 25, 2016, 4:22 PM

Instilled in them to ensure that a trap game situation doesn't occur. One game at a time with the most calm and collected QB at the helm.

Re: Clemson 2016 "trap" game? What jumps out?

Jul 25, 2016, 4:29 PM

I don't believe in trap games you play your schedule and better believe you'll get everyone's A game. Everyone, no let up Championship teams play hard every week.

Jul 25, 2016, 4:29 PM

Continued: We will have played Allbarn, Ga. Tech and Louisville so there is a let down chance here. We also have never played a Friday national contest. We will see because BC is strange enough. In the end DW will be the difference as long as he is healthy.

Go Tigers!

Jul 25, 2016, 4:33 PM

If I had to say a trap game it would be for sure NC State right before FSU. Yes we get a bye week after the nCSt game but we could be caught looking forward. One game at a time!!

By that time in the season we will know how good/bad BC is

Jul 25, 2016, 4:37 PM

Looking at what BC brings back I think they have a really good chance of going into that game undefeated or w 1 loss (va tech or GT) They'll have a daunting defense as always and their offense will be better but I still expect us to win. They'll keep it close for 2 quarters and then our talent will take over.

Re: By that time in the season we will know how good/bad BC is

Jul 25, 2016, 4:40 PM

It's about Clemson, as Dabo says. We play to a standard, not an opponent. We are our own trap game every week.

Ranked where we are, they are all trap games.***

Jul 25, 2016, 4:51 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

I'll be at the BC game so no worries.

Jul 25, 2016, 5:02 PM

I'll bring the good juju.

Jul 25, 2016, 5:04 PM

Just remember, Dabo has eliminated the term everyone used to say. We have the 2nd longest streak against non ranked opponents. I look at it this way, Dabo doesn't take anyone lightly. He will have the team ready for every game next year. We are better than anyone on the schedule and even if we bring our "B" game every game but maybe Felon State and Allbarn. Go Tigers

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ga Tech

Jul 25, 2016, 5:10 PM

Playing on the road against Ga Tech with short prep the week before is a set up for an upset. We don't yet know what the jackets will be like and those teams have yoyo tendency. They're down one year and up the next, and we all know what they were last year.

The other thing is that we'll be playing young defenders in the secondary and on each end, not to mention one LB. Missing one assignment can result in a big gain against the option. I wouldn't call for the upset, but on paper, several things are pointing in that direction.

Not worried about GT for one reason.

Jul 25, 2016, 7:56 PM

We have three monster DTs. Disrupt the middle and eventually you will stop the triple option. Plus Venables has had GTs number.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Indeed. We're 3-1 since Venables arrived.

Jul 25, 2016, 9:06 PM

We probably would have won that game too had Deshaun not got hurt.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looeyville***

Jul 25, 2016, 5:10 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wake really worries me this year***

Jul 25, 2016, 5:12 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Trap games are for teams that aren't as good as advertised

Jul 25, 2016, 5:20 PM

I think the days of trap games are behind us.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 25, 2016, 5:21 PM

Honestly I think our D line may murder BC's quarterback

Auburn.

Jul 25, 2016, 5:33 PM

Just something about that game scares me.....anything can happen on the first game. Especially on the road.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Auburn.

Jul 25, 2016, 5:36 PM

We need to score the first drive. I just watched the USuck game and we fumble twice early. We don't need to do that any game!!

Orange Bowl...

Jul 25, 2016, 7:25 PM

nm

Auburn

Jul 25, 2016, 7:26 PM

One Saturday at a time, son!

2024 student level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

the semi-final in playoff

Jul 25, 2016, 7:48 PM

may get caught looking ahead to championship and only win the semi by 14 versus winning by the 20-24 avg of reg season

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Jul 25, 2016, 8:08 PM

I wonder if halfway through one of these games our coaches and players begin looking at each other and say...

Jul 25, 2016, 11:11 PM

Any game that Watson is unable to play in.

Okay - if DW4 plays, then Wake (yes - Wake) is my trap game. We have to play at their house, and it is a week prior to USUC. If we are resting any of our best players, then Wake might sneak up on us somehow.

For anyone that doesn't think it's possible, then go ask Tommy Bowden what can happen at Wake when you're supposed to kick their butts.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic