»
Topic: Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack
Replies: 6   Last Post: Jun 12, 2013 10:34 AM by: jhoffma
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 6  

Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 9:37 AM

http://www.roanoke.com/sports/virginiatech/vtfootball/2000261-12/future-acc-scheduling-appears-out-of-whack.html

2020 purple level member

Re: Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 9:45 AM

I like it. The only teams I am interested in playing on a yearly basis are FSU, GT, and NCST(only because of the textile bowl). Rotate the other 10 teams and lets match-up a true championship game. I know this was also a rumored solution for playing the championship game at a home stadium but I would guess with the true top 2 teams playing every year you would get much better fan support.

null

If VT wants to play Clemson regularly...

[2]
Posted: Jun 12, 2013 10:20 AM

Make it to the ACCCG....we're there to stay ;)

Re: Future ACC scheduling appears out of whack

[1]
Posted: Jun 12, 2013 10:20 AM

For me, this is the key idea:

"It makes you ask yourself: what’s the point of being in the same conference with a team you’ll face twice in 12 years?"

The answer: None. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised to see growing instability among the new super-conferences. With increasing distances between schools, less unity among conference members (due to not interacting with schools in the other division very often), and ever-changing market conditions, it might take less than you think to convince schools to jump. Remember the 16-team WAC super-conference? How well did that work out?

Personally, I'd love to see 8 major conferences with between 8-10 members, a round-robin schedule, and an 8 (or even 16) team playoff. That probably won't happen anytime soon, but I could easily imagine a shake-up where we end up with 6 12-team conferences, and I do believe the playoffs will expand to 8 teams within a decade.

I think the 8 game playoff will come much sooner.***

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 10:29 AM

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

I sure hope so, but I'm being conservative******

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 10:34 AM

The more likely outcome is 4 twenty team conferences with

Posted: Jun 12, 2013 10:34 AM

4 five team pods in each conf. You play a home and home with each of the other 3 pods so that everyone plays each team twice every six years. And of course that means a 9 game conference schedule. The conference winners would then be the playoff seeds.

Replies: 6  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: sec up row A when you walk in seats on the right 50 yd line north side lower deck 3750.00 call...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
959 people have read this post