»
Topic: Front Page Story: Venables pleased with second consecutive solid performance
Replies: 9   Last Post: Oct 27, 2012 8:15 AM by: mhuyser
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 9  

Front Page Story: Venables pleased with second consecutive solid performance

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 10:21 AM

Venables pleased with second consecutive solid performance

Wake Forest gained 290 yards of total offense – the first time this season the Tigers have held an opponent under 300 yards – held the Demon Deacons to just 51 yards on the ground [in 28 attempts] and sacked Wake quarterback Tanner Price five times. Full Story »

2020 admin level member

Given our injury situation, AH really had no practice reps?

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 10:35 AM

Is that possible?

Re: Given our injury situation, AH really had no practice reps?

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 10:42 AM

Given the short week and the need to get the primary backups (yes, I know that's an oxymoron... you know what I mean) as many reps as possible before the game, I believe it's possible that AH got no reps in practice.

T-Net reported Humphries practiced at CB. Link follows.

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 11:10 AM

http://www.tigernet.com/view/story.do?id=11069

Re: T-Net reported Humphries practiced at CB. Link follows.

[1]
Posted: Oct 26, 2012 11:26 AM

Right...had a coach tell me that AH practiced at CB, and then Chad Morris also told us last night that Adam spent some time with the defense.

2020 editor level memberbadge-seniorwriter.jpg

just language david, venables said he got mental reps

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 11:29 AM

didn't he?

whether it was in a meeting or on the field, he spent time with the defense it seems.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

you have to ask yourself

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 12:10 PM

No one likes injuries,lets be frank.
But,over blown concerns were made about "starters"
who weren't going play, who...quite frankly weren't
performing very well to start with.

Just saying...

Re: Front Page Story: Venables pleased with second consecutive solid performance

Posted: Oct 26, 2012 7:40 PM

While I was pleased with our defensive performance,a few people I work with were not too pleased with Brent's antics on the sideline.
I love his enthuisiam,but please Bren ,tone it down a bit!

Re: Re: Front Page Story: Venables pleased with second consecutive solid performance

[1]
Posted: Oct 26, 2012 8:13 PM

I personally loved his energy. The players can feed off of that when they see their coach doing his job with that kind of energy and dedication. However, I don't want him to risk any penalties in doing so. He could just back up a little bit so he doesn't have to be pulled back every time. Haha

2020 student level member

Good performance but I think Tanner Price helped

Posted: Oct 27, 2012 8:15 AM

I am pleased with the defensive performance and MORE than just excited to see 5 sacks in a single game.

However, there were several wide-open opportunities that Wake missed due to bad passing from Tanner Price. Coverage was blown and receivers were left with nothing between them and the endzone; all that was missing was a properly placed ball.

Finally, I have no idea why anyone thinks Brent's enthusiasm is something to criticize. I like his energy and he knows his players well enough to scale the attitude appropriately. Just back off guys and enjoy the show.

Replies: 9  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: (6) Section K row S...$6000 for the six. Email if interested. Go Tigers!!

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2022 people have read this post