Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 35
| visibility 1

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 4, 2020, 7:53 AM

Friday night, brewed some beer, ate some pizza, laughed at Pallet-Boy and his deck.

Saturday, hung around the house, mowed the lawn, continued to wonder just what is wrong with Pallet-Boy.

Sunday went up to the Keowee-Toxaway State Park for a little hike.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

May 4, 2020, 7:57 AM

Friday night I drank beers, listened to music, stayed up late reading Tnet.

Saturday....worled out and then went to the boardwalk in Pompano Beach and walked around drinking $2 beers. Had a solid sushi dinner. Then listened to music again and surfed Tnet and exchanged low blows with Bengaline.

Sunday...cleaned house, got some excercise. ate, and took a long siesta, all the time bummed because I lost my wallet walking around the boardwalk the day before. Still pissed.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hope it finds it's way back to you somehow

May 4, 2020, 8:02 AM

that sucks

How crowded was the park?

May 4, 2020, 8:01 AM

Fri - Worked till noon, fam went to friends house to fish in pond, feed goats, chickens and ducks, picked up pizza for dinner, almost ran over SIL on the way home

Sat - had lunch with mama, went to step-brother's house and fished in the pond, kids wore them out. Wife picked up wings from Sue.

Sun - Church in the morning, cleaned up around the house and in the garage, kids played in the walmart pool and water balloons.

Did you bang said SIL

May 4, 2020, 8:03 AM

(with your car)?

Going around the turn and the woman is in the middle

May 4, 2020, 8:04 AM

of the road pointing at calves?

Park was the current definition of "full"

May 4, 2020, 8:32 AM [ in reply to How crowded was the park? ]

We pulled up and some rangers were at the front. Luckily some folks had just left so we could get in. There was no huge line of cars or anything. Once on the hiking trial we really didn't see many folks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday - watched 3 episodes of Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. Watched Season 3 finale of Ozark. HOLY ###. Made smash burgers on BGE. Had about 4 vodka drinks, GO LAID, went to sleep.

Saturday - Cleaned out and organized garage. Ran 4 miles on treadmill. 2 miles on Pelaton (knockoff). Went to dump. Cuts and edged front yard. Watched Call of the Wild with Otisboy. Made Pork tempura with jasmine rice. Had about 4 vodka drinks. Sleep.

Sunday - Got off on 19B® around 10:45. Pot Belly to go. Went out on Hartwell with OtisLady, Otiskids and Otisparents. Nap. Drove Home. Made sausage pasta with penne, parm and spinach. Two vodkas. Sunday Scaries. The Last Dance ep. 5. Sleep.

First full Week.end in new casa

Kids and gkids came over Sat for grilling, catching up! Played baseball (rubber) in back yard.
2 gsons got in trouble by busting up styrofoam making a mess, and stomping a buncha water bottles in driveway!
2 kids that have seen each other in a while together = mini mob!

Simple

May 4, 2020, 8:04 AM

Friday - long run, bike ride w/kids downtown by the river, grilled cheese lunch, pizza dinner
Saturday - trail run, mow grass, play with kids, grilled cheese lunch, taco dinner
Sunday - short run, bike ride w/ wife and kids into the park, bought a unicorn that shoots water out its horn, played with kids, leftover dinner, fire pit time.

Sunday evening notes - my two neighbors and I almost polished a fifth of Jim Apple. Do not attempt this, it was not a good idea. I feel like a walking corpse today. The fire was rolling and it was the perfect temps, so we never stopped. My driveway looked like a frat house this morning.

9/10

Free the people!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, The Tigers didn't play but [redacted for compassion]

May 4, 2020, 8:06 AM

Killed a baby copperhead in the garage and also caught a nice catfish.

Other than that pretty meh.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

good mix of everything

May 4, 2020, 8:07 AM

Fri - started weekend a little early. drank some afternoon beers while cutting the grass. weekly dawghater2fam steak night, sheet wrastlin - 9 / 10

Sat - woke up with intention of finishing shed, but too hungover. laid around until friends called about blue angels. hole ee bawls - they flew right over our #### house. it was sweet. spent rest of the day smoking meats for quesadillas. - 8 / 10

Sun - finished painting shed. dunn enuff for now to put the locking hardware on it and let her sit for a few weeks while I fill it up w/ ####. I'll finish the steps and all when we get back from the beach in June

look, a nonretarded version of a DIY project

May 4, 2020, 8:09 AM

FBCoachSC®

Yer gonna wanna put some eave vents in that thing

May 4, 2020, 11:17 AM [ in reply to good mix of everything ]

else its gonna be a slow cooker in there. Why two doors?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

yeah that's on the ticket for this week

May 4, 2020, 11:46 AM

realized that yesterday afternoon that I need some vents. hotter than a sombich.

and idk, tbh why I put two doors. that's how my grandpa built his (RIP pops), but i think his is a lot bigger. there's a window framed out by the man door...just haven't gotten around to buying / installing it yet. I'm going to have the lock for the larger door be inside, and only have the one lock on the man door.

so, key items remaining (in order of GAF):
- attic vents (this week)
- door hardware / locks (this week)
- finish shelving / work bench (halfway done)
- run power
- install trim work on corners
- install window

i'm also planning to put a lean to on the left side there for mower and other lawn ####, further removing the requirement for a larger door. idk, looks sick, don't care.

It does look good.

May 4, 2020, 11:54 AM

I'd spring for that window, too. If you ever plan a time for hanging in the shed (seems dumb, but its NOT in the house, if you know what I mean) a window is a good place for one of them $150 wal mart window units.

May 4, 2020, 8:13 AM

Friday: Finished hanging the new ceiling fans. Went to Home Depot to pick up some stuff we ordered for my weekend project. Learned the only half of it arrived. Oh well, it was an opportunity to get out of the house for a bit. Played some jackbox games with daughterof ans SIL in the evening.

Saturday: All of the daughterof's and gkids came over for a lawn party. Had some beers and ordered pizza. Was hoping metiger would be the delivery guy, but learned he got canned. On the bright side, none of the neighbors called 911 because there were 12 of us out there.

Sunday: Didn't do much. Decided to take a lazy day. Watched old movies and took a long afternoon nap.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Compared against the other pandemic weekends...

May 4, 2020, 8:53 AM

It was glorious.

Friday, socially distant acoustic jam session adhering to all applicable government regulations with four of us, played from 7 to almost 1 a.m. Was also in honor of the 60th birthday of the guitarist/studio owner where we play.

Saturday, slept in, got up and went to Joonyer's house #2 to see what he has gotten done in prep to move in, then to Rainbow Doughnuts for us, took some to RH Mom too. Home to stroll the pup, then made a run to Dollar Tree for a few quick items. Back home to cook fajitas, then watched a few episodes of Hunters on Amazon Prime.

Sunday, as much nothing as I could possibly muster. Maybe the laziest pandemic quarantine lockdown day yet. Finished Hunters (recommend) and crashed.

18/19 Covids. Being able to play live music might actually calm me enough to delay destroying the planet for another week or two, so mark your calendars accordingly.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I bought bourbon and continued on the project path.

May 4, 2020, 9:00 AM

Friday night - Virtual Poker night with some old friends from Clemson.

Saturday, I got up around 10:30, and decided to replace the pre-wire with a wall panel for banana plugs. Pretty straightforward process - Used the drywall saw to widen the hole, installed the gang plate, moved the HDMI cable that was already run, connected the subwoofer and speakers, and then affixed the face plates to the wall. I'll probably need to change it out when I upgrade the receiver to 9.2 surround, but for now, It's capable of handling more than I have presently (Wired for 7.2, my current receiver is only 5.1). After finishing that up, I went to the liquor store and picked up some Weller and Buffalo Trace.

Sunday - nothing of note. Just continued gluing and clamping as I'm trying to make progress on the table top.

You know***

May 4, 2020, 9:16 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Re: You know***

May 4, 2020, 9:18 AM

Re: You know***

May 4, 2020, 9:32 AM [ in reply to You know*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 4, 2020, 9:35 AM

Friday: Home from work, fetched the pup in the backyard, threw together an improvised shrimp pasta for dinner. Very close to the best pasta dish I've ever made.

Saturday: Out in the yard early clearing brush/small trees/limbs out of the woodline in the backyard that the previous owner let get out of control. Round-upped (rounded-up?) poison ivy, thankfully i'm not allergic to it but WifeofAyejoe is very allergic so she helped where she could but couldn't get in too much. Napped in the afternoon and made pan roasted chicken/mac n cheese/green beens for dinner. Started experimenting with pan sauces and not too bad if i do say so myself.

Sunday: Out in the yard early again to cut grass/edge/weed eat/blow. Wayback burger for lunch then off to the nursery to look at plants for the front bed with my better half. Picked up a couple things from Lowes then back home to put a little work in on the flower beds. Ordered out japanese for dinner.

8/10

Friday worked until like 6:30 cause what else is there to do

May 4, 2020, 9:48 AM

Watched WACO on Netflix and got rejected for post-Netflix Chill

Saturday up for a morning Run. Family wanted to go to Riverwalk where I can run while they bike and walk/jog. So I wait...we get there around 11:15 which is perfect for optimum crowd if you are into huge crowds. Oldest two rode bikes while I ran, they were exhausted after only5 or 6 miles. We met back up with Wife and youngest and then I ran solo for another 3-4 miles, got 9 in total. Lunch then home to hit the pool. My brother is in town to celebrate my Dad's 71st birthday. We roll him out in the wheelchair and have a pool party. We have fresh mint and alot of bourbon so I made Mint Juleps with WT101. Then made mojitos with the rum. Got rather drunk, ate burgers and dogs, went home, watched WACO on Netflix and got rejected for post-Netflix Chill. Ended up finishing the series by sobering up in bed.

Sunday up early for a morning run, family wanted to go to Riverwalk where I can run while they bike and walk/jog. So I wait...we get there around 10:15 which is almost-perfect for optimum crowd if you are into huge crowds. Maybe we should have waited until 11:15 like the day before. Anyways, got 3.5 miles in before I had to walk a kid out, he was a whiny mess. This time I took one of the dogs running with me and he was great. Back home to the pool with beers, no liquor. Ate something for dinner, probably takeout. Hopped in the bed and no-Netflix this time, straight to the chill except still got rejected. Looks like I hit 0-fer on the week. Quarantine with three kids under 10 sucks.

Up for work this morning, wife has to go into her work, so I am working from home and homeschooling 3 kids. Screw this.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang, after no chill Friday and no chill Saturday, I was

May 4, 2020, 9:52 AM

really pulling for you on Sunday.

Ts&Ps

Me too. Gonna keep swinging for the fences though, might

May 4, 2020, 10:00 AM

keep striking out but eventually I will send one to the warning track.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Me too. Gonna keep swinging for the fences though, might

May 4, 2020, 3:23 PM

and round third base?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Weekends are the worst for me. Especially Sundays.

May 4, 2020, 9:56 AM

Saturday is OK generally. I work a little in the morning. I take the youngest to parking lot karate. I do some other exercise or yard work, we grill something or cook something or maybe order out, the missus and I watch something streaming, maybe some drinking, maybe some #####. Not a big change from usual Saturdays except no EPL and no FI, which SUCKS!!!

Sunday would usually be a run, maybe some EPL, church, the Y, dinner, get ready for Monday. Now it is just one long day of nothing.

I loves me some Mondays. Get to come to the office and interact with people via telehealth.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

People hating awesome.

May 4, 2020, 11:50 AM

Friday--took a cert test, passed. One more to go in late June.

Saturday-I had bought the pump, hoses and cleaning vinegar to flush my water heater. I guess you are supposed to do that ever 12-18 months; House was built in 2016 and I've never done it, so I assumed it was time. The filter was a little dirty, but not bad. Didn't really see any sediment or scale left in the bucket, but after an hour of flushing, it did turn all the vinegar green. Oh well, I'm selling this place hopefully next month so who cares, amiright?

Sunday..continued to beat my head against the wall by trying to put the boat in at Shem Creek boat landing...also known as the shlt show. Ever see a trailer full of bull shlt? Here's one..completely blocking one lane of the landing for 30 minutes. Social distancing, huh? People were coming out of that van pulling that trailer like it was a clown car. Must have been 10 members of the Ohio Navy in there. I heard one woman (who was also blocking the actual dock with her kayak) say "How do you make this thing go forward?"

And here's the other problem with that landing: idiots who can't, or won't, drive a boat...or at least move it out of the way. This is on low tide...see that Everglades (yellow-right underneath the Simmons street sign) boat? There were two dudes just sitting in it who were capable of piloting a boat at slow speeds, but instead of driving around for a bit and coming back to pick up the guy who was parking the truck (so other people can use the landing), they chose to just block one lane of the boat landing by loosely tying up to the dock. Even my wife can drive a boat around in circles while I park the truck and trailer. Why can't these bozos?

Later, there was someone else doing the exact same thing, and the fatassed Mt P Police were in their boat just watching the whole thing happen...never said a word. Every time I leave that place I have to go pound a few beers to wash the hatred off me.

I used to think that stupid people were the problem. But it's not someone being ignorant to what they don't know; it's that they know, but they just don't care. They don't care how their actions, or inaction, affect anyone else. I genuinely, really hate people.

7/10 for the weekend because got to go out in the boat, but had to deal with THAT first.

I guess they don't care because nobody makes them care?

May 4, 2020, 11:55 AM

How does nobody yell at these people? I honestly cannot understand it, I will fight people in my way at the boat ramp.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

While waiting in line I got to talking to one guy and I

May 4, 2020, 12:00 PM

think he was about to explode on someone. He's like "this is ########!". And it is.

Jamie Hough, a fishing guide down here, gave no fvcks when he was putting his boat on the trailer. Had a kayaker gotten in his way, I feel sure he would have ran them over. The kayakers certainly moved, so maybe I need to start driving like I might actually hit them, too.

The cops need to get a handle on whats going on down there--someone is going to end up getting hurt.

Kayakers should not be in the way...

May 4, 2020, 12:26 PM [ in reply to People hating awesome. ]

They can put in almost anywhere along the shore.

They need to go away.

May 4, 2020, 4:58 PM

Away from objects that use gasoline as their propellant.

Friday we had a nice walk and then I mowed

May 4, 2020, 12:02 PM

my yard and a neighbor's.
Saturday morning began with a nice walk with my dog. When we got back home he wanted to stay outside so I put him on the lead. He then ran to get a toy and in doing so the lead swept my feet out from behind causing me to flip backwards. I hit the ground pretty hard but rolled on impact to keep my head from slamming on the ground. I got up to walk it off.
But about 10 minutes later my vision got distorted and my thought process slowed. Soon I felt nauscious snd knew I had a concussion.

I contacted some friends on Facebook about it and they all agreed I needed to get checked out.

Called my docs office and the after hours consultant hung up on me.

I called my son's mother to bask if she woukd take me to urgent care. She was reluctant but I talked her into helping me out.

I waited and waited for her to pick me up and finally drove myself to the clinic. I felt like I could get a dui . Driving was difficult.

Finally made it to urgent care and had several test and sure enough, Concussion. She didn't think I needed to go to ER and sent me home to rest.

Spent most of Sauturday resting or sleeping.

Sunday I felt much better but still a bit woozy.

1/10 Would not do again.

Swam in pool 4 hours each day until couldn't feel peepee

May 4, 2020, 12:15 PM

Water was so cold that I lost sensation below the waist. Didn't care, was still a blast.

Youngest kid had his first poop outside. Kids love peeing outside while we're swimming (thankfully not in pool). Youngest wanted to try pooping, so let him go for it. He dug the hole, aimed well, filled back in the hole.

Problem is he didn't have TP so had to run in house afterward. That's when mommy busted us. The 3 of us boys in the household had an infectious crying laugh for 10 minutes. My wife was not happy.

Made a big lasagna and ate leftovers for 3 meals. Ordered in some brisket last night.

10/10 would do again (especially since I didn't have build a crapass deck)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pretty OKAY.

May 4, 2020, 3:31 PM

Friday: Worked from home. Guys continued to work on shingles. Played golf (I still suck). Ate, worked on a 1,500 piece puzzle then went to sleep. Some idiot nearby decided to pop fireworks and woke me up at 1130 p.m.

Saturday: Woke up around 730 a.m. with a bust water pipe outside the house. Fixed it and guys finished most of shingles. Went to Columbia to visit niece. Stayed with her and friend for the night.

Sunday: Came home and picked up Myfavjr. Played golf (still sucked). Cooked, watched TV with him, talked and went to sleep.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 35
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic