Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those of us complaining that the Network launch was not
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,890

For those of us complaining that the Network launch was not

Aug 23, 2019, 11:12 AM

Complaints that the network launch was not,
-4 hour Football season kick off show
-4 Hour focus on Clemson's domination of the conference in football
- Too much love for the traditionally best Basketball conference in the land
- make you puke coverage of coach K
- Love fest for UNC and Virginia
-no tour of our West Endzone
- too much blue in the promo screens
other silly stuff

Can you think for a minute what they are trying to accomplish here?
-get all the round ball fans watering at the mouth for the channel and calling Comcast, Dish, Cox and etc
- Introduce the masses to the faces of the network
- distinguish itself as more than a place for the football games no other channel wants

This network is GREAT for the conference and for Clemson. They need to find a way to these stragglers to get on board. That is my biggest concern. Come on Dish, Comcast, and Cox. Make it happen. It is a big blow to the pocketbooks of al ACC schools if they do not.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those of us complaining that the Network launch was not

Aug 23, 2019, 11:16 AM

This seems logical.

Please stop.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't disagree...

Aug 23, 2019, 11:24 AM

I am going to watch it for the actually games (Clemson football, Clemson baseball, and Clemson basketball). Forgive me if I don't watch Pittsburg lacrosse or Syracuse field hockey...
I would like to see more sophistication in how the ACC promotes itself. The ACC is an excellent conference, however the ESecPN media and others have been repeating negative opinions of it for years. Maybe this is a good start.

Some people just hate the ACC and Swofford so much that

Aug 23, 2019, 11:30 AM

they were going to whine no matter what.

It can always be better but overall I
Think it’s been a solid roll-out.

I’m curious what these people have seen on the BTN, SEC network or PAC-12 Network (ha ha. Just kidding) that they are envious of?

null

Aug 23, 2019, 12:07 PM

I wouldn't have cared if they only gave 5 minutes to Clemson football. But I would love to know something about the other 13 football teams. I already knew that Sampson believes he's the greatest basketball player to walk the earth and that Swofford thinks that basketball in Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill is what the ACC is all about. Basketball season is three months away. Football season starts tomorrow. Sorry, but I thought it got off to a ###### start. And not because it wasn't all about Clemson, but because it should have been mostly about ACC football.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:02 PM

Tim317® said:

I wouldn't have cared if they only gave 5 minutes to Clemson football. But I would love to know something about the other 13 football teams. I already knew that Sampson believes he's the greatest basketball player to walk the earth and that Swofford thinks that basketball in Raleigh / Durham / Chapel Hill is what the ACC is all about. Basketball season is three months away. Football season starts tomorrow. Sorry, but I thought it got off to a ###### start. And not because it wasn't all about Clemson, but because it should have been mostly about ACC football.

Dude, take a look at the schedule of shows, there will be entire hours devoted to football and more information than you have ever had in one place on conference football teams. This was a launch of a network for the conference.

Just as much as we are currently and could argue the all time top of ACC football, Duke , UNC and UVA are riding atop t he basketball world. Maybe if we were a better BasketBall program we could have gotten a bit more basketball mentions in the LAUNCH.

The launch was not promoted as ACC FOOTBALL 2019 pregame show. We look silly complaining about basketball being prominently featured in the launch, lets go to the Big 12 ...jeepers

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The football show, The Huddle, is on tonight at 8

Aug 23, 2019, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: For those of us complaining that the Network launch was not ]

One of the hosts is one of our own, Eric MacLain. Pretty sure it will be just football.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 12:07 PM

Have to take your word for it since there's only limited adoption of the ACCN by cable companies. A lot of folks will never see what they say.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:04 PM

PawsFan said:

Have to take your word for it since there's only limited adoption of the ACCN by cable companies. A lot of folks will never see what they say.

As of right now that is true, but only by choice, not because of cost or availability.

Aug 23, 2019, 1:22 PM

they started off w Christian Laettner and discussing Duke MBB, yes I get they will have FB coverage this week, but to me it was Swofford saying we were a "Basketball Conference" as if none of the other sports mattered, and having 4 hrs of Duke and Coach K, when FB season kicks off, Curious did SEC network kick off w UGA Gymnastics or So Car Equestrian team? because that was the equivalent, I didn't want 12 hr of Clemson FB but at least START w the sport that is in season, MBB is three months away, would have much rather had a report on "futbol" and Football, before we started w the coach K worship,

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 23, 2019, 1:38 PM

Tigersmurf said:

they started off w Christian Laettner and discussing Duke MBB, yes I get they will have FB coverage this week, but to me it was Swofford saying we were a "Basketball Conference" as if none of the other sports mattered, and having 4 hrs of Duke and Coach K, when FB season kicks off, Curious did SEC network kick off w UGA Gymnastics or So Car Equestrian team? because that was the equivalent, I didn't want 12 hr of Clemson FB but at least START w the sport that is in season, MBB is three months away, would have much rather had a report on "futbol" and Football, before we started w the coach K worship,

I guess , I saw it differently. I saw a lot of Clemson, a good bit of Dabo , the trophy celebration for both national championships, and a walk through all 4 games with Alabama. Sampson talked about Larry Nance and Moose Campbell. A sneak preview of the Behind the lines (or whatever its called) series with Clemson football, several mentions of the Ga Tech Clemson football game. My goodness, haters gonna hate so have at it. I am super excited about the network.

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,890
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic