Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
For those bashing KB
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

For those bashing KB

Nov 11, 2017, 11:31 PM

I agree he misses a lot of "layups" but at the end of the day he brings a dynamic that no other QB on our roster can bring. IMHO him being out there ALWAYS keeps the opposing defense honest no matter what down it is due to his legs.

No he isn't DeShaun. But at the end if the day. Who is? I like our QB he has heart and is willing to put his body on the line for his team to win.

At the end of the day what more can you ask for?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

At the end of the day... I agree.***

Nov 11, 2017, 11:33 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: At the end of the day... I agree.***

Nov 11, 2017, 11:36 PM

Lol yeah I beat that phrase up. Miller Lite an cause that from time to time

He’s a winner ... The Fun is in the Winning!***

Nov 11, 2017, 11:34 PM

Well said....***

Nov 11, 2017, 11:34 PM

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: For those bashing KB

Nov 11, 2017, 11:36 PM

A quarterback who can complete passes and ensure the offense doesn’t shut down after half time.

Not even asking for crazy numbers, just enough to keep the defense honest. His inability to do that might partially explain why our offense sputters to a halt every single game.

spot on

Nov 11, 2017, 11:46 PM

we need to work on taking deep shots. We have to have a jump ball wr on the roster. We need someone to make circus catches for him. A nuk or mike williams

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: spot on

Nov 11, 2017, 11:49 PM

T Higgins needs a shot, let Cain attack the seam vertically, he can be a huge mismatch there.

Nov 11, 2017, 11:52 PM

KB is not improving only getting worse and play calling doesn't help any either.

Nov 12, 2017, 12:16 AM

I think the play calling is affecting his confidence. We need to keep him on tbe attack with a good running mix.

He struggles getting the correct read on the zone option.. as a running qb he should almost never mess this up.

We can win with him. I think we will see a different offense in the acc cg and playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 12:27 AM

This is 100% the correct assessment.

Tee Higgins

Nov 11, 2017, 11:53 PM [ in reply to Re: spot on ]

If he had just 10 more lbs on him he would dominate right now! Too bad his breakout year is 2018

Nov 11, 2017, 11:59 PM [ in reply to Re: spot on ]

If putting Cain in the seam as you put it and placing Higgins on the outside had a snowballs chance in Hades of working our infallible offensive staff would've already tried it, several times. So you must be mistaken. That goes for any other suggestions so called Clemson fans such as yourself have to make.????????
????????

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses

Message was edited by: orangecoloredglasses

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 11, 2017, 11:50 PM [ in reply to spot on ]

I agree 100%. I was hoping Trevion was gonna fly under the radar and be that guy.

While he has made some clutch catches lately. He is no Mike Williams

Nov 12, 2017, 12:25 AM

I will never “bash” KB (like the announcers were today) but if Georgia & Notre Dame proved anything today, it’s the fact that being one-dimensional has a finite course.

When the announcers said today that Hunter Renfrow doesn’t have a single passing touchdown this year, that really drove the point home for me. We had 0 passing touchdowns today. I think KB has thrown 6 passing touchdowns ALL season!?

I love his sacrifice. I love his heart. He’s one heck of a runner and short-pass-play guy, but the receivers have to be frustrated as heck by now! D.J. Greenlee had the longest pass play of the day today... never got another touch. Tee Higgins, Amari Rodgers, & Overton need more than one touch per game if we want to keep stacking Ws. We certainly aren’t going to run for 250 yards against that Miami defense. I don’t see a problem with bringing in Hunter on 3rd & long. They know we are going to pass anyway, yes? If Dabo’s philosophy is “putting the best guy in position for us to win”: KB isn’t it on passing plays over 30 feet.

Nov 12, 2017, 12:28 AM

I agree with your analysis but I think your solution is too far out of the box and risky for Dabo. I can't see him being able to live with losing a game over a QB he thinks is not ready for prime time to start with.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 12, 2017, 1:53 AM

He lost to Syracuse playing an injured Kelly Bryant and is still living just fine. It’s more than a slump at this point. Analysts are saying it. Fans are seeing it. Announcers are talking about it on live television during the games!

By week 10 in 2016, we had thrown 31 passing touchdowns. KB has thrown a total of 6 in the same timeframe in 2017. Balance is key if we want to avoid Georgia’s / Notre Dame’s fate going forward.

Nov 12, 2017, 12:56 AM [ in reply to Re: For those bashing KB ]

If we could pass the ball our running game would even be better. ETN should touch the ball 20 times. We are wasting a lot of talent at WR right now to me. I would have liked to seen rotating QB's just to see how it works. The reason we win is because we have more talent than the other teams.

He isn't the answer at QB, but he is what we have this year.

Nov 12, 2017, 2:01 AM

He won't start next year imo. We knew throwing the ball wasn't his strength coming in. It's tough on our WR's though.

Nov 12, 2017, 12:25 AM

If saying his passing game is not consistent.... he throws high a lot is bashing. Then .....

Was hoping he’d have progressed further l

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

If you're referring to him running the ball

Nov 12, 2017, 12:27 AM

You're wrong. Hunter Johnson might not be quite as fast but he's easily as fast as DW and could move the chains with his feet if need be. He's also a much better passer. Hopefully he gets significant playing time next week so he can open some people's eyes.

True

Nov 12, 2017, 12:29 AM

Not a big fan of the wildcat, but if it gets us wins I'm in! Coaches will talk the WRU guys through it.

Nov 12, 2017, 1:29 AM

I am not bashing KB. I think he is a great talent. Based on our stable of QB’s I am posing the question to TNetters with more football knowledge if HJ gives us a really good chance to win games or is KB our only option. IMO KB is such a great athlete he needs to be on the field but I am asking if HJ could have lead us to the same record??

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do you think HJ is that good?

Nov 12, 2017, 1:41 AM

The 30 something yards vs Wake solidified that fact?

He does have heart. That's for sure.*****

Nov 12, 2017, 1:39 AM

This is the end of the day right here.

Nov 12, 2017, 1:42 AM

I'm so emotionally and physically exhausted my asz is draggin out my tracks.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He is what we need this year.

Nov 12, 2017, 1:46 AM

I hope we have a different starter that can keep out WR's more involved next year. That said,for this season Bryant can fill that gap until TL gets on campus.

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic