Topic: Fishtale for Ol' Spud
Replies: 10   Last Post: Aug 21, 2020, 2:21 PM by: TigerJS®
[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 10  

Fishtale for Ol' Spud

emoji_events [9]
Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 8:32 AM

This may not apply to you but if you have retired the old flip phone and have a smart phone I can tell you the iPhone 11 IS saltwater proof! Took a noob out for some shark fishing behind Sullivan’s got into some fun bonnets and sharpnose. Then he set his pole down on the gunnel to get a water out the cooler and BAM. The old St Croix+Spin fisher VI went straight over. By pure instinct with zero hesitation I dove straight over as deep as I could. Just before buoyancy took over I made a quick blind swipe....miraculously the rod and reel ended up right between my index and middle finger as if I was normally holding it. The second I clinched my fist my fishing instincts took over again. Four feet under water I set the hook. I popped up out the water handed the rod off yelled some explicatives about duct tape and my buddies hand got back in the boat and watched him land this little guy.

After the excitement died I reached in my pocket and pulled out my phone and it never even shut off.

2021 white level member

Re: Fishtale for Ol' Spud

[3]
Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 8:49 AM

#### yeah! You got me pumped up reading about that victory! That’ll be a memory you’ll take to the grave.

OK Spud, ever caught anything while underwater?

[2]
Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 9:57 AM

The bar has been set.

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Actually yes..qas on Lake Murray 30byears ago dragging a worm

[4]
Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 10:13 AM

when I got a light tap...set the hook and inexplicably it jetted the rod out of my hands...Before I realized it I was under qater reaching for 150.00 Loomis and a 200.00 Shimano...well I got it...I qas in 20 feet of water but got back in the boat and land a pound and a half peckerhead. It qas then thatvI realized I had lost my 200.00 Suncloud sunglasses...and then I reached for my pager on my hip....But what really got me is that I had no recollection of ANY thought process before jumping...and I qas thankfull that it qas July and Nor February!

Nothing like commitment.***

Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 10:22 AM

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Re: Actually yes..qas on Lake Murray 30byears ago dragging a worm

Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 10:38 AM

you're exactly right! Not single though running through when the leap is made...only way i explain it is instinct.

2021 white level member

I was in my 30's at the time and I remember

[1]
Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 11:21 AM

Saying to my buddy a few minutes later," dang...I
wonder if I would have done that in the winter!?"....

****When I read your tale,my first thought was that you were fishing for SHARKS!

Re: I was in my 30's at the time and I remember

Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 11:34 AM

We started the day at the grillage targeting bull reds. Buddy got sea sick so we went inshore chasing trout in the ICW around ben sawyer. Not much doing. Hoping to get him on some good action, i took some cut mullet and chunked some lines out where i knew we'd hook up. We probably caught about 9 or 10 that size. My goal was to give him a good experience and the day provided some memories we'll not soon forget.

2021 white level member

Re: I was in my 30's at the time and I remember

Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 11:36 AM

im 36..i guess i still have that fearless bulletproof attitude(or just plain stupid) :)

2021 white level member

Re: Actually yes..qas on Lake Murray 30byears ago dragging a worm

Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 2:21 PM

Muscle memory is an amazing thing.

2021 white level member

Dang, you sure flattened that poor fish when you stepped

[1]
Posted: Aug 21, 2020, 10:43 AM

on his snout.

At least the trip into the water straightened out the pictures, but the effect may be temporary?

2021 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Replies: 10  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: 2021 Season Tickets for sale. The location is as followed: TD TDH R 17 TD TDH R 19 TD TDH R 21 The c...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Tiger Boards - Amphitheatre ]
Start New Topic
1354 people have read this post