Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Feed Them Plenty of Oats
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 1

Feed Them Plenty of Oats

Aug 15, 2018, 7:40 PM

When I was just a small (young) kid there was a man in my home town who had a Tennessee Walking Horse. I didn't know the difference between a Tennessee Walking Horse and a regular old barn yard variety. The thing that caught my attention was the way that Tennessee Walking Horse strutted with his fancy tail. Being a bit curious, I knew if I asked my Dad when he got home from work about that tail, I would get the correct answer.

So, when my Dad got home I was ready to pop that important question. I didn't tell my Dad my question was about Mr. Miller's horse, it was just a generic horse question, "what makes a horse hold his tail up"?. My Dad's answer was to the point, "just feed him a lot of oats, son". Being young and a bit naïve, I thought that was the answer to why a Tennessee Walking Horse holds his tail a certain way.

Probably a couple of years later, when I was about eight or nine, I suddenly realized that feeding any horse plenty of oats will make him eventually raise his tail. I've been laughing about my Dad's response for many years.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic