Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FFR
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 3
| visibility 760

FFR

Apr 16, 2014, 5:45 PM

FFR will lose because Clemson University is not a secondary school. The faculty, administrators and students are all adults, not children. To deny the right of adults to assemble is a violation of the first amendment. If adults of their own free will wish to assemble to pray, throw frisbees, pontificate about the communist manifesto, cut each other's hair, etc., there is no authority under the constitution to deny that right. We are not talking about minors who are captive audiences in middle or high school, these are adults who can make their own decisions about where they want to be. How dare someone deny a basic constitutional right to any one of us. Could FFR be any more UN-American? Don't let the term "student" cloud this argument, these are adults we are talking about.

By the way, atheism is a belief system as well (i.e., a statement of faith). How is FFR promotion of their faith on public property any different from what they are complaining about?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FFR

Apr 16, 2014, 5:46 PM

Bingo...we have a winner!

"... or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

Apr 16, 2014, 5:56 PM

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof;

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: FFR

Apr 16, 2014, 6:23 PM

Maybe some of you lawyers out their can explain to me how some AO at ffr in bmfk Wisconsin can have standing to file anything against Clemson.

Replies: 3
| visibility 760
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic