Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Election night plans
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Election night plans

Nov 2, 2020, 9:30 AM

Do you have plans yet?

My wife and I have different takes on this. In sports I like to watch a whole game - she only wants to see the last three minutes. On election night, she wants to watch the whole thing starting before the polls close. I would rather tune in at midnight and get the results, except I'm probably already asleep by then.

I'm thinking of hitting the gym after work then a restaurant with good beer. Draw it out for several hours before heading home.

Some poll closing times:
6:00 pm Indiana, Kentucky
7:00 pm FL, GA, SC, VT, VA
7:30 pm NC, OH, WV
8:00 pm AL, Conn, Delaware, IL, Wash DC, ME, MA, MD, MS, MO, NH, NJ, OK, PA, Rhode Island, TN

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Probably check in every now and then....

Nov 2, 2020, 9:33 AM

I can't stand to watch any network. They are all terrible.

I don't expect any real changes to be known on election night.

I'll be working my way through Season 2 of Narcos instead.

I'll just tune in next week to see what the lawyers are

Nov 2, 2020, 9:36 AM

saying...

But seriously, I'll be watching and hoping for some more liberal tears. I do have an axe throwing league until 8:30, but that will be just in time for most East Coast poll results...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll just tune in next week to see what the lawyers are

Nov 2, 2020, 9:37 AM

I often hear people hoping for liberal tears. I never hear anyone hoping for conservative tears.

Why is that?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Some people were just put on this planet to pwn libs.

Nov 2, 2020, 9:42 AM

But remember: liberals are the divisive ones who are tearing apart the very fabric of this country.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

IMHO...

Nov 2, 2020, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll just tune in next week to see what the lawyers are ]

Because liberals are more likely to become unhinged when they lose. They cannot fathom that anyone does not think exactly the same as they do.

Political power is a pendulum. Always has been, always will be.

I'd say because for the majority of Republican voters that I

Nov 2, 2020, 9:49 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll just tune in next week to see what the lawyers are ]

know, if Biden wins, we'll just be at work the next day bitching about it - not taking to the streets, not crying on national television, etc. Also, when I say liberal tears, I'm mostly talking about watching CNN and MSNBC on election night...

Though, with the fever high on both sides this election, I'm sure there will be turmoil of some sort whoever wins.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You mean, kind of like the majority of liberal voters?

Nov 2, 2020, 9:56 AM

Or are you implying that there will be somewhere around 70M liberals crying on TV and in the streets rioting, rather than at work?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 9:50 AM [ in reply to Re: I'll just tune in next week to see what the lawyers are ]

We don't cry when we don't get our way.

Nov 2, 2020, 10:39 AM

There will be plenty of crying Trump supporters if he loses. He is a borderline god to many in his cult. It's not it like most situations.

Serious answer? True Conservatives don't put all their hopes

Nov 2, 2020, 12:44 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll just tune in next week to see what the lawyers are ]

and dreams on the government.

Firstly, they largely believe in a higher power. So while politics may be important, the schemes of men are not the ultimate concerns of many Conservatives.

Secondly, many Conservatives have built their own businesses, become successful in their chosen fields, etc. without relying on the government to make things fair or to give them an advantage.

So while the election results many not be what Conservatives want, they will move on, put their heads down, and grind on as they always have.

So no time for Conservative tears.

This person (male? female?) surely put all "their" hopes on Hitlery:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDYNVH0U3cs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that woman...

Nov 2, 2020, 12:49 PM

has certainly been educated beyond her intelligence.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serious answer? True Conservatives don't put all their hopes

Nov 2, 2020, 9:11 PM [ in reply to Serious answer? True Conservatives don't put all their hopes ]

Are those the same conservatives wasting time at boat rallies and forming 90-mile long car parades? Over a politician?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Re: Election night plans

Nov 2, 2020, 9:38 AM

Probably sit on the porch and sip a bourbon with 2-3 cubes of ice. Grill some kind of meat. Let 3yo help, while wife and others cook inside. We will then do baths, medicine, tooth brushing, reading bedtime stories, then prayers. Once they're asleep, I will likely go finish a little work and go to sleep.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Check in on Tigernet

Nov 2, 2020, 9:38 AM

where are the facts are

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

watch some recorded shows

Nov 2, 2020, 10:01 AM

go to bed and wake up to see what happened

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

As much as I'd love to say ima drink beer and eat popcorn,

Nov 2, 2020, 10:30 AM

the truth is real results won't start rolling in until near or past my bed time.

I kept my phone by my bedside in 2016, since I had called it for DJT early and was eager to see his upset win over Hitlery. Lost a lot of sleep watching results that night.

But this year the country loses no matter who wins. So I won't be staying up late.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 2, 2020, 10:34 AM

I'll put my sons to bed at 8:30 like usual and then head to bed myself. Maybe some Netflix or prime.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

In bed before 9 PM, likely.

Nov 2, 2020, 10:41 AM

Will see who's ahead (likely not a winner) the next morning.

Nov 2, 2020, 10:57 AM

I am saving my election night plans for Wednesday.

Sous vide ribeye and bottle of wine. Watch the coverage, but not staying up

Nov 2, 2020, 11:06 AM

later than a normal night since nothing will be known until at least the next day.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic