Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
During Some Down Time I Took Time to Muse
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

During Some Down Time I Took Time to Muse

Dec 11, 2019, 7:57 AM

about the Tiger Defense. Before the season started, I felt the defense would be good this year and adjust to the new players. They have exceeded all expectations and I still like what I see.

For all you down on Tanner Muse watch the film. He is a good safety. Safeties don't normally cover WRs man-to-man but he has the talent and is good at it. He is also very good at supporting the run defense. Most only notice when he commits to early for run support or short pass coverage and he has to adjust to a deep receiver. There is not a safety that has ever played football that hasn't been "sucked in" supporting the run too soon. There's a fine line and a split second that he has to make that decision. Based on the coverage it can be a double edged sword for a safety

His aggressive nature is what makes him good and hurts him sometimes. Just watch the upcoming playoff game and you'll see how good he really is. I have no doubt he and the rest of the defense will be ready.

Go Tigers!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: During Some Down Time I Took Time to Muse

Dec 11, 2019, 8:45 AM

I agree. He has had a couple of moments early in his career that have begged the negative nellies to label him.

I have had this conversation with a fellow Tiger before and what I see is that when this back 7 was young, Muse was covering mistakes for others and it got him labeled. He has been beat twice in high profile games in a man to man match up with the other teams best WR for touchdowns, but there have been many more times he has saved a run play TD with a tackle or has filled a gap in passing lane or plain covered up his WR or broken off while ball is in the air and helped another DB cover.

On a corner blitz by us in the UVA game Muse went to Terrells WR at just the right spot and forced the QB to hold the ball. It was beautiful.....but no one remembers that because of the TD earlier in the game.

With Wallace being so versatile and experienced and talented.
with Terrell being a bonafide shutdown corner
with DK being the only corner in the country that has not given up a play over 20 yards or a TD this season
you think the opposing OC is going to try and take advantage of Muse's aggressiveness and get a matchup they want. Well Muse has to play the call and it can happen he gets beat, but more often than not he is making the plays and getting the defense off the field.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 8:48 AM

I'm glad he's ours! I will take one like him on this team any day.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 8:45 AM

Muse is an exceptional athlete. He means a lot to this team, for sure. He does, sometimes, get beat, but so do the others. I'm glad he is ours, that's for sure!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Other than 11, 19 is my fav!

Dec 11, 2019, 9:10 AM

Love seeing his aggresiveness & after a nice take-down hit he stares down a sec or two at the fallen player just to let him know more is coming.

His hit on Tua in last Natty game that kept him 1 yd shy of a 1st down was a beauty. BAM!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 10:05 AM

Saturday night he got locked up one on one in the slot with no one over the top which is super hard on a true Strong Safety. Tanner's hips are a little type and he sometimes struggles to redirect, but once he does his straight line speed is legit and we all know he brings the pain when he gets there(a smaller Terry Tate if you will!)

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 10:06 AM

tight not type #### auto correct.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 11, 2019, 2:11 PM

I’m a little bias because I coached him and a huge tiger fan attending many games. I will say idk why he was never a linebacker but people saying he is slow and this and that need to realize how great he has played this year especially and have came away with big plays. He is one of the fastest and if wasn’t good he wouldn’t be in the starting role and relied on. He wouldn’t be all conference first team and up for top award and such. Trust the coaches you’re not the one coaching. Everyone has a bad game and he got taken out vs uva. Came back in and did well. I hate these so called fans in the stands who Think they are analysts. He also in hs was a wingback in triple option and the safety. Didn’t see much on passing in practice or games vs teams they played. He is usually around the ball if you just watch.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic