Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Do the fans who are putting their chips in the 10-2 basket
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 509

Do the fans who are putting their chips in the 10-2 basket

Nov 25, 2012, 12:38 PM

realize that of those 10 wins only 2 are against teams with winning records (Ball St & NC St), 3 were against teams with .500 records (GT, VT, & Duke), and the rest with losing records. This is nothing to thump your chest about.

If we had played 8-10 teams with any sort of pulse i'm willing to bet that win column would have been less! So, I for one refuse to take any solace in the fact that we won 10 games in a PATHETIC conference.

As for the one's who don't understand that as long as we play in a weak conference the gap will only widen between us and S. Carolina...I'm at a loss of words. Playing scrimmages every weekend will never prepare you for a real game against a real team. It's because of this we strongly need to consider other conference options. 5-7 years (maybe less) from now people will be speaking about us and the ACC in the same manner we have spoke about WV and the Big East for years, a decent team over-inflated by a weak conference.

I am not sure how long the average fan will continue to make IPTAY donations to see an average product, at best. However, as long as the donations continue to pour in and tickets are selling no change will ever be made. I fear by the time the admin. realizes there is a problem, it may be to late!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do the fans who are putting their chips in the 10-2 basket

Nov 25, 2012, 12:40 PM

To put the weak conference argument into perspective, if GT wins the ACC Championship but loses their bowl game, then the ACC Champions will have a 500 record. It could happen!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The "Chip Putters" are delusional.***

Nov 25, 2012, 12:45 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 2
| visibility 509
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic