Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Difference between USuCk and FSU???
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1,426

Difference between USuCk and FSU???

Oct 30, 2012, 2:11 PM

Why I think we beat those losers:

I just rewatched the fsu ( boy was it fun).

I think that their defense is as good as sc minus Clowney he will be a problem but it seems like you can scheme around one great player.

We were so bad on defense that part of the year so its hard to take a great deal from it but he put some pressure on EJ at times and we were in position to make a lot of tackles on the running backs we just didn't execute. Their oline is much better than sc and we are improving on defense with each and every rep these young guys get.

Sc lbers are not in the same hemisphere as Fsu. Those guys were the reason our offense sputtered when it did. They made the plays in the passing game that sc wont be able to.

SC dbs are no where near what Fsu has talent wise. I would suspect that they will try and press us like Fsu did but I don't think they will be able to do it as well.

I say we spread them out and let Shatley and Beasley do their thing up the middle.

If they play man- man which I think they will start out in then I think we eat them alive with quick passes until they bring someone down to help, once that happens then the Sammy Watkins show ala Wake Forrest will take place.

Of course if they can stop the run with 6 in the box we could be in trouble. However I think our boys will be up for the challenge and a healthy Tajh and Andre will give us a great chance to run it.

One more thing I can't wait to see is the tempo we run at. If we can have some success much like we did against Fsu then I think we will wear them down. They don't have the depth that Fsu has.

I know there is alot of sunshine in here. But I think we have the team and the proper mindset to beat them this year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was worried about SCs defense at the start of the year

Oct 30, 2012, 2:13 PM

but I think your assessment is right at this point in the season. Although, it's not just Clowney, their entire DL is pretty strong.

Thankfully we have the talent at receiver to run a quick-hitting vertical passing game and basically negate that strong DL.

AFter watching UT pick their LBs and secondary apart, we should have a field day in the passing game.

And since they lost their offense on Saturday, I think we'll keep their score down.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It makes sense that a quick passing game would negate a DL

Oct 30, 2012, 2:21 PM

But why didn't it do that last year? What was different, or not working, for Clemson?

Re: It makes sense that a quick passing game would negate a DL

Oct 30, 2012, 2:25 PM

We, for some reason, stopped running the ball. Simple as that.

I haven't questioned Chad Morris a single time in his time here, but when he stopped running the ball in the 3rd quarter (a trend that's been common in many of our losses) of that game, I was livid. Andre was getting 5 yards a pop, and we just stopped running the football.

That makes it easy to call plays. Rush 4 and drop the other 7 back into whatever coverage you choose.

USC was able to get pressure with the front 4 so easily because they were pinning their ears back. You have to stick with the run game.

Unlike some previous years, USC has defended the run well.***

Oct 30, 2012, 2:27 PM

Re: Unlike some previous years, USC has defended the run well.***

Oct 30, 2012, 2:29 PM

That may be the case, but it doesn't change the fact that Andre was consistently getting 4-6 yards per carry. His average for the game was 5.1 ypc.

He carried the ball 4 times in the 2nd half.

Oct 30, 2012, 2:37 PM

Tennessee's Qb has a release of about 2 seconds.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 30, 2012, 2:49 PM

TN's O-line is most likely the best in the SEC, and that includes BAMA. As a unit, they've only allowed 4 sacks all year.

"Stalwart universities—Harvard, Princeton, Yale—most certainly offer status. The Citadel offers character. "

Hang on a second, so are you admitting that I was right

Oct 30, 2012, 3:05 PM [ in reply to I was worried about SCs defense at the start of the year ]

last week about USuCk's defense? Come on now...say it

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The difference is FSU is a team with a successful past.....

Oct 30, 2012, 2:55 PM

and Carolina is a team who can only dream of being successful someday.

they aren't nearly as good as FSU

Oct 30, 2012, 2:56 PM

especially not on offense

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1,426
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic