Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Desmond Howard must be in wacky weed
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 4,558

Desmond Howard must be in wacky weed

Aug 25, 2018, 12:28 PM

He predicted chickens to win SEC least. I don’t see them any better than 3rd or maybe 4th in their division.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Desmond Howard must be in wacky weed

Aug 25, 2018, 12:30 PM

We all dislike the chickens. However, they will be strong (context) within their division. They will win 9-10 games again (see their schedule).

Uh no they won't. 7-5 or 8-4 for the coots this year***

Aug 25, 2018, 1:08 PM

Re: Uh no they won't. 7-5 or 8-4 for the coots this year***

Aug 25, 2018, 1:39 PM

It is weak they should win 9

You are assuming they are going to be good.

Aug 25, 2018, 5:53 PM

Clemson and Georgia are already two very likely losses. Do you really expect them to go 9-1 in their other 10 games? I certainly don't.

They can lose to Kentucky or Ole Miss on the road. In fact, I think it's pretty likely they lose 1 of those 2 games. Florida can certainly beat them in the Swamp.. especially if Mullen has them playing better this year. Texas A&M and Missouri should both be good enough to potentially beat them in Columbia. Of those 5 games i think they lose 2 or 3. Marshall isn't going to be a cakewalk either.

Unless they get really lucky again like last year, i think they are a 7-5 team. 8-4 would be a good season.

Aug 25, 2018, 7:01 PM [ in reply to Re: Desmond Howard must be in wacky weed ]

You do realize how close they were to being 7-5 last season right? That is why Vegas has them at about 7.5 games this year because South Carolina was like 7-1 in one score games. Vegas tends to level those things out because their thinking is a team isn't going to get the same bounces twice. I think they are about an 8 win team but I could see them at 7 or even 9 but I don't think for a second they will win 10. I think Georgia and Clemson are definite losses and you want me to believe they are going undefeated against A&M, Kentucky, Florida, Tennessee, not me.

Aug 25, 2018, 12:32 PM

I just Googled, "Is Desmond Howard smoking crack?" SMH

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 12:33 PM

He also has Michigan as National Champs. No one else even mentioned them. His homerific comments totally negated any credence to everything he said.

His pick says more about

Aug 25, 2018, 12:50 PM

The Dawgs than if someone else wins the Least. It shouldn't be close, despite the losses from last year's squad. If the Dawgs don't win...massive injuries aside, it will be telling about Kirby...and not in a good way.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL! Michigan is not even the best team in their division.***

Aug 25, 2018, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Desmond Howard must be in wacky weed ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Re: LOL! Michigan is not even the best team in their division.***

Aug 25, 2018, 2:43 PM

Yeah, either was Bama last year either, how did that work out? ;) lol

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well there are 4 teams in that division that could all

Aug 25, 2018, 7:14 PM [ in reply to LOL! Michigan is not even the best team in their division.*** ]

potentially win the Big Ten and make the playoff. Some are a little more likely than others, but i wouldn't be shocked by any of them. I think Michigan is going to have a top 5 defense this year. They just need to get more out of the QB position and that seems possible with the addition of Shea Patterson. We will see though.

It's easy to crap on Michigan and Jim Harbaugh but they were pretty darn close to making the playoff 2 years ago. It's not much of a stretch to think they could back to that level this year.

If you honestly believe that***

Aug 25, 2018, 7:53 PM

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

If you honestly believe that Michigan has a realistic chance

Aug 25, 2018, 7:54 PM [ in reply to Well there are 4 teams in that division that could all ]

to win their division, win their conference, make the playoffs, and win a national championship this year, we will have to agree to disagree.

I’ll be surprised if they finish in the top 10. I’ll be stunned if they finish in the top 5.

I mean I wouldn't pick them to make the playoff

Aug 25, 2018, 8:18 PM

but I don't think it's impossible. If Patterson is good I think they will be a top 10 caliber team. Their schedule is brutal though with 5 top 12 teams as of now so they could probably field a top 10 level team and still go 9-3.

It may be tough for any of those big ten east teams to make it out of there with less than 2 losses.

he also picked West Virginia to be in the playoff***

Aug 25, 2018, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Desmond Howard must be in wacky weed ]

Aug 25, 2018, 1:16 PM

Everybody on here predicted a terrible season last year for them and they exceeded expectations. With what they have coming back no reason to think they won’t have a good year.

Aug 25, 2018, 1:40 PM

They beat no one. They were terrible

Aug 25, 2018, 2:49 PM

I wouldn't call them terrible but they weren't great either. They're a good team, no more, no less. They were definitely aided by their schedule last year, but this year doesn't get any more difficult. They swap out NC State (who they actually beat) for Marshall, and the declining Arkansas team they beat is swapped out for a declining Ole Miss. Florida should be a better team, and Tennessee could be better but could also be a total disaster as they rebuild.

I don't think they'll be good, but their schedule sets up in a way that 8-4 should be expected, with 10-2 being a possibility depending on how they replace the guys they lost on defense.

Aug 25, 2018, 1:19 PM

He predicted Baylor to win the Big 12 last year fwiw.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 1:40 PM

Usuck could actually win 9 games again, but I will predict they lose to Clemson, UGa. and somebody else, likely Ole Miss. away, and that would be a stretch! My actual season prediction has them losing to Clemson, UGa., TAMU, Ole Miss., Missouri and perhaps UF or UK.

Luck played a significant part in last season’s outcome for the chickens.

Go Tigers ??!!

Aug 25, 2018, 1:57 PM

They lose to Ughey, beat Vandy, beat KY-they'll be totally focused on that game, have a let down, lose to Mizzou, lose in the swamp and at least one more to ol ####, TAMU or UT - definite loss to us. so, 3 conference losses and loss to us. That's what, 8-4?

They ALWAYS lose to someone they aren't supposed to. Personal favorites: Citadel in 91, Pacific in the Morrison years (didn't they lose to Navy also?), us in '80 and the most recent loss to Citadel.

It’s legal in many states

Aug 25, 2018, 3:03 PM

So most retired pro athletes and analysts “may be” on the wacky weed. This may be the norm not the exception.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 25, 2018, 3:05 PM

Ole Miss will smoke their 2ndary. Two-TD loss, at minimum.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

all you had to do was listen to all his predictions

Aug 25, 2018, 3:22 PM

to see where his mind has wandered and his role on panel. wolverines national champs - that’s not even normal.

btw, at very end of show, corso looked at him and said “south carolina” and laughed. even corso knows better.

Message was edited by: theclash®

I for one am glad you are stopping. You are one of the most ignorant posters ever. You obviously think very highly of your own opinion, unlike the rest of us - RockHillTiger

Aug 25, 2018, 8:50 PM

He predicted chickens to win SEC least. I don’t see them any better than 3rd or maybe 4th in their division.

The way he smiled when he made his prediction made me think he was just stirring the pot to seem different from the other pickers.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 4,558
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic