Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If Clemson and Auburn win out?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 2,099

If Clemson and Auburn win out?

Nov 25, 2017, 10:03 AM

Will we play each other again first round of the playoffs? Looking at the rankings this is likely.

Would you rather play Auburn in New Orleans or Oklahoma in Cali?

I’d say the later...so wouldn’t we want Bama to win?

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Idc who we play as long as we are in.***

Nov 25, 2017, 10:04 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd rather not play Auburn again.***

Nov 25, 2017, 10:05 AM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Definitely prefer Bama, but....

Nov 25, 2017, 10:05 AM

will be happy to just get in.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If Clemson and Auburn win out?

Nov 25, 2017, 10:11 AM

IMO...Yes, I think Auburn if they win out but what about Wisconsin?
Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Auburn in that order if these four win out. What say you?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2017, 10:17 AM

I suspect Auburn would be above Wisconsin. If Auburn beats Bama I expect to see Auburn at 3 Tuesday.

Heck it wouldn’t shock me to see OU #1.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2017, 10:28 AM

I don’t think so with miss st losing and especially if LSU loses today. Esecpn is the only one blowing bama trumpet. Think bama falls hard if they get beat today. Not a quality schedule.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2017, 11:20 AM

The one that keeps OU from for sure beating us out for the #1 seed is if Iowa St losses to Kansas State in Manhattan, today.

The LSU (loss) game would put the SEC Champion @ #4 behind Wisconsin/OU, should they win out.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2017, 10:17 AM [ in reply to Re: If Clemson and Auburn win out? ]

Yea that’s how I see it. That’s the senario I see if Auburn wins they’ll be 4.

Obviously I just wanna get in but it’s interesting looking at the scenarios.

Hope the defense can hold the chickens to 10-14 today!

Nov 25, 2017, 10:21 AM [ in reply to Re: If Clemson and Auburn win out? ]

Imo if all these teams win out, Oklahoma would be the 1 seed and we’re 2, wisky 3 and awburn 4.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2017, 10:25 AM

That is true.

Re: If Clemson and Auburn win out? Agree

Nov 25, 2017, 10:27 AM [ in reply to Re: If Clemson and Auburn win out? ]

with Clemson, Oklahoma, Wisconsin and Auburn in that order if these four win out. But that’s a big IF on the win out aspect. Clemson with Miami and OK with TCU (who they have already beat) have the more likely wins.

IF Auburn gets by Bama they will easily beat East rep Georgia and are in. Wisconsin may have the most difficult task with 0310 State. Wisconsin loss drops them out and puts Buckeyes in.

Clemson v. Oklahoma in Sugar. Alabama v. Ohio State in Rose.

Nov 25, 2017, 11:05 AM

Clemson beats Alabama again in Atlanta.

Go with the experienced teams.

Nov 25, 2017, 11:22 AM

My guess would be if everybody wins out the next two games who I would expect to - Clemson, Oklahoma, Auburn, Wisconsin - then those are your four playoff teams, and in that order.

Clemson's SOS will be the determining factor between us an Oklahoma. Ours is a lot stronger and we played a lot more winning/ranked teams on the road.

Oklahoma will be a solid #2, though their defense will limit the perception of their ceiling. Traditionally offensive powerhouses with no defense stumble at some point. (Oklahoma could well stumble before the playoffs, and are perhaps the most likely to do so.)

Auburn, I think, will win out. Alabama is wounded - badly - at LB and probably won't be able to stop or really even slow Auburn's run game, and we already know Auburn can pummel the Dawgs. That would give Auburn two really good wins over a ranked Georgia team and a win over an otherwise unbeaten Alabama team, which I think would elevate them above Wisconsin's astounding weak schedule. The Badgers currently have just a single win over a ranked team...that being over #22-ranked, 8-3 Northwestern...which the Badgers got at home. They'd have to garnish that with a win over OSU, though, which would make their resume tolerable to the Committee.

Barely, though. And even though the Badgers fans and of course, Joel Klatt, would squawk loudly, look at Wisconsin's schedule. Lordy. Utah State. FAU. BYU. Nebraska, Purdue, Maryland, Illinois, Indiana. Today, Minnesota. The only half-decent teams on the schedule are currently-unranked Michigan and Iowa, and of course, Northwestern (at home). Is anybody really even convinced they'll get through even this year's tepid version of Ohio State in the B1G Championship Game?

And if Wisconsin or Oklahoma stumble along the way, go ahead and pencil Alabama back into the playoff as the 4 seed. Whether they are SEC Champions or not, they'd still just have one loss and their brand name is far too strong for the Committee to elevate some two-loss team over them.

Nov 25, 2017, 11:31 AM

No we already beat them

Nov 25, 2017, 11:35 AM

NO - even though they would be easier to beat that AU. We can beat either one of them.

Nov 25, 2017, 11:37 AM

I think it ends up:
1. Clemson
2. Oklahoma
3. Auburn
4. I don’t know

Replies: 16
| visibility 2,099
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive