Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dalvin Cook Trial
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 1

Dalvin Cook Trial

Aug 24, 2015, 3:38 PM

For those interested in the details of the trial, here is a good summary of what has happened so far. The worse part is all the comments at the bottom from FSU fans. All they care about is him getting back on the team. There are so many dimwitted excuses I had to stop reading, most of them implying or saying outright that Cook is the real victim.

http://www.tomahawknation.com/2015/8/24/9196903/dalvin-cook-battery-trial-florida-state-fsu

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dalvin Cook Trial

Aug 24, 2015, 3:42 PM

The states case looks pretty good. 2 witnesses and caught cook in a lie. Siad he was out that night he was only with Travis randolf. Well pretty everyone agrees Travis was there.

Aug 24, 2015, 3:59 PM

From the police officer's testimony it's as if the police are actually covering for the accused. What else do you expect from the corrupt TPD?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought the same thing.

Aug 24, 2015, 4:02 PM

smh

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 24, 2015, 4:06 PM [ in reply to Re: Dalvin Cook Trial ]

It will be interesting to see what his teammates who were with him that night say on the stand. What they have to say must not be too good for Cook since the prosecution is the side who is calling them. The defense tried to stop them from calling Da'Vante Phillips but then dropped their objection today. The fact that they dropped their objection without a fight seems suspicious.

Aug 24, 2015, 4:17 PM

Wow he has lost all credibility. So he told the investigator he didn't even go out that night. Then Travis says he was with them at Clydes.

Dalvin Cook Is the victim

Aug 24, 2015, 6:17 PM

of stupidism!

Aug 24, 2015, 4:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Dalvin Cook Trial ]

I bet fsu has told the plyers not to lie and cover for cook. They don't want several guys to get caught for perjury right before the seasom.

The Defense has one witness

Aug 24, 2015, 5:40 PM

It's an "impartial" FSU student who was at the bar. He says he didn't drink that night. Then it's revealed that there are charges on his credit card from the bar. His response: oh, that's how I repay money that I owe to friends. What a sh!tsh*w.

Re: The Defense has one witness

Aug 24, 2015, 5:45 PM

I read that 2. Guy is a huge fan trying to help out the team. Got blown up.

Aug 24, 2015, 6:00 PM

That is bad for Cook. The defense wouldn't have fast-tracked this unless they had an "angle" like a repudiation witness, one they thought was reliable...if he got blown up on the stand, their angle may have gone away. The problem that I'm having is, it would have taken several such assurances to make the defense confident enough to go ahead and fast-track the trial...then again, the defense is ultimately doing FSU's will, and FSU may have just wanted a quick resolution one way or another rather than let this hang over their head like Jameis Winston did all last season.

It could be that FSU President Thrasher has had enough of these hijinks and told the defense attorneys - "Get it over with. Soonest."

If so, maybe Dalvin Cook is just rollin' the dice here, and taking his chances in open court. Don't know whether to believe the usual FSU fix is in, or whether to bring popcorn. There could be a reason Jimbo Fisher had to take two different versions of the FSU Team Photo, one with Cook, and one without him.

Aug 24, 2015, 6:14 PM

The defense was able to strike the recording of Cook's statement to police, so the jury never got to hear it. The tape would have shown without a doubt that Cook lied. The prosecution was able to introduce some of the inconsistencies through the police and investigators testimony, but they would have been much more likely to find Cook guilty if they had been able to hear all his lies directly from him.

Aug 24, 2015, 6:26 PM

Effing politics

Always blows my mind how lawyers can weasel the truth away and hide it from the jury

I wish I could use this technique in everyday life

Aug 24, 2015, 6:58 PM

"No honey, you cannot use what I said a month ago against me now, it has been stricken from the record."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 13
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic