»
Topic: Dabo vs Saban Recruiting
Replies: 12   Last Post: Jan 30, 2017 4:22 PM by: Fordtunate Son
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 12  

Dabo vs Saban Recruiting

emoji_events [23]
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 9:53 AM

Last week Dabo went on a recruiting visit to one of the local private school. I received texts from friends whose kids attend the school with either a picture of their child with Dabo or a funny story about their child meeting Dabo as he walked down the halls.

Nick visited the same school the following day. Nick flew in by helicopter went straight to the coaches office and met the player or players he was interested. Then hopped in the helicopter and left.

Dabo is not just recruiting football players. Dabo is recruiting students who have not an interest in playing sports in college.

Re: Dabo vs Saban Recruiting

[2]
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 10:08 AM

Dabo is a very special human being, and a great football coach, too! Saban is a very good football coach, and that's about all.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Dabo is also working on future recruits

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 10:17 AM

These kids have friends at other schools; they have younger siblings who might be elite athletes one day; we are more interconnected than ever before.

Dabo taking his time at a visit (when he can) pays dividends in the present but continues to build the brand for the future.

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 10:20 AM

Dabo recruits, saban selects (the sec pays/cheats). the difference is, Dabo and company coach players up once they get on campus.

When I was in High School, our teacher was out of the room

[3]
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 10:34 AM

and when she came back in, She had Danny Ford with her. She had seen him in the hall and asked if he would mind stepping into her class and talking with the students. He leaned against the desk and answered questions for the entire remainder of the class period.

When the bell rang he asked me if I would show him where the guidance counselor's office was, so I walked with him down the hall among all the students...which was pretty cool. I didn't say a word though because I was nervous and had nothing to say I could think of.

He was in North Carolina at my high school recruiting RB Junior Hall(who was Howard Hall while at Clemson)

Point is, Danny did not seem to have a problem going through the halls either.

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

So what I'm getting out of this is we need a helicopter.***

[1]
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 11:20 AM

2020 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

My old Grandad used to say, "When one door closes, another one opens". Great man, lousy cabinet maker though.

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 11:31 AM

Thanks for sharing this

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Dabo understands the power of peer pressure.***

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 12:27 PM

2020 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

Dabo's a "people person."

[1]
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 12:34 PM

Strangely, many coaches aren't.

Very interesting and great to hear! Thanks for sharing***

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 1:25 PM

Although Savannah is not a warm, fuzzy

[1]
Posted: Jan 30, 2017 1:57 PM

people person like Coach Swinney, I do think he is a good man. His foundation, Nick's Kids has given away over 6 million dollars and the Saban's have donated $1 million to Alabama for scholarships. A friend who knows him says he writes letters to people going through hard times and other kindnesses. EVEN SO, I'll take Dabo any day and twice on Sunday over Saban! Go Tigers!

Saban #### that autocorrect!***

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 1:58 PM

Factory vs. Family. Simple as that.***

Posted: Jan 30, 2017 4:22 PM

Replies: 12  
[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
2734 people have read this post