Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Curiosity question on your top 2-3 voting "issues"......
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 468

Curiosity question on your top 2-3 voting "issues"......

Oct 21, 2020, 2:01 PM

all you typically see/hear/read whether it be on this board or on the news from CNN to Fox News is "i'm voting Biden b/c Trump sux" OR "i'm voting for Trump b/c Biden sux".

I'm of the mindset that MOST people vote on real "issues"/topics that they feel a candidate will "do better at" than the other in regards to the best interest of themselves/their family. So I'm not here to argue w/ somebody who thinks that their best interest is better served by one candidate over the other, but I am curious as the top 1-3 issues or topics that they vote on. It can be, but not limited to any of the following:

-Social issues (pick a few of the many)
-Supreme Court
-COVID
-Foreign policy
-Domestic policy
-Economy
-Trump's a liar / Biden's a liar (i'd prefer to steer clear of either of these, but i'm sure some will go that direction)
-etc, etc, etc....

Again, I'm not asking WHO you're voting for, but rather the top few platforms that you're voting on the YOU think will be of the best interest for you & your family/friends.

Try to keep it civil. This is strictly a curiosity question and I'm not going to question at all what YOU feel is in your best interest.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Defeat globalism and end the climate change

Oct 21, 2020, 2:04 PM

Hysteria

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Define defeat globalism.***

Oct 21, 2020, 9:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brexit was a good start

Oct 22, 2020, 8:26 AM

I wouldn’t mind disbanding the UN. Pretty worthless group

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mine are

Oct 21, 2020, 2:05 PM

1) economic issues
2) foreign policy
3) beer distribution policy

I consider domestic policy a state's rights haven....

There's troof in No. 3 in NC!***

Oct 21, 2020, 4:41 PM

Re: Curiosity question on your top 2-3 voting "issues"......

Oct 21, 2020, 2:05 PM

1) Me
2) My Family
3) My business

Which candidate best helps 1-3's standing in the world order?

I'm a simple man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 2:18 PM

1. taxes/fiscal policy (keep my taxes low and spending even lower)
2. judicial pics (textualists only need apply)
3. foreign policy (no wars; no foreign intervention)

my vote largely turns on 1.

CA's law of voting: Never ever vote for someone who will raise taxes. I'm an absolutist on this.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 21, 2020, 5:50 PM

On issue one, what's your preference between (a) tax & spend vs. (b) borrow and spend? In other words, until spending is cut, do you prefer to increase the national debt or increase tax revenue?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Oct 21, 2020, 4:55 PM

1. Anti-PC, anti-victimhood approach by Trump
2. Lower taxes --> economic growth and prosperity for *all*
3. Defense budget

I'd like to add lower spending to the list, but both parties fail on spending and not sure that will change anytime soon. I think only Term Limits might solve that one.

What turns me off with the Democrats is:
1. Promoting victimhood and associated perpetrators to cause division to keep themselves in office
2. social spending keeps people in poverty
3. green new deal is infinitely not achievable

Oct 21, 2020, 5:52 PM

Tell us more about Trump's anti-victimhood position.

https://www.thetrumparchive.com/?searchbox=%22unfair%22

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Falsehood flies, and truth comes limping after it, so that when men come to be undeceived, it is too late; the jest is over, and the tale hath had its effect: like a man, who hath thought of a good repartee when the discourse is changed, or the company parted; or like a physician, who hath found out an infallible medicine, after the patient is dead.
- Jonathan Swift

Oct 21, 2020, 5:46 PM

pheebo,

I am voting for Biden to get

1. a return to the rule of law

2. a valuing of empirical evidence and rational thinking over emotionalism and fear-mongering

3. a more equitable distribution of wealth and justice

Oct 21, 2020, 9:55 PM

A distribution of wealth is laughable and naive thinking... the solution is increase the taxes who have an income of more than $400,000 dollars a year. Why is 400k the magic number? Why not 100 or even 70k? Not to place blame or shame on anyone making a living, but honestly sit back and estimate how many in your community bring $400k income in? I’d bet my income ($ not 400k) that we will still see veterans and elderly barely making ends meet. I’d rather see a politician that’s not a sheep and doesn’t follow conventional politic guidelines which has been proven time and time again that it DOES NOT WORK!
We do not need any more gutless presidents who spent 8 years paying everybody to pretend to be our “allies”.

Oct 21, 2020, 11:49 PM

abortion
gun rights
equal justice
economy

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 22, 2020, 5:20 AM

1. I just want Trump gone.

You didn't specify office...

Oct 22, 2020, 6:32 AM

The answers are very different because the responsibilities are very different.

For a President:
1. Humility/Kindness/Character
2. Military strategy
3. SCOTUS nominations

For Congress:
1. Humility/Kindness/Character
2. Fiscal responsibility (Taxes & Spending)
3. Immigration policy

I don't view it as "what's best for me and my family". I view it as "what's right," even if what's right may be a negative for me and my family.

Replies: 15
| visibility 468
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic