Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
College football playoff committee ...
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 3,387

College football playoff committee ...

Apr 2, 2018, 1:36 PM

Any Clemson guys on this committee this year? I thought D’rads time on there must be coming to an end or may be over and even though they are suppose to be impartial, I don’t think it hurts to have some Tiger blood in the room. Just wondering.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ken Hatfield.***

Apr 2, 2018, 1:41 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Ken Hatfield.***

Apr 2, 2018, 1:45 PM

Hope our record doesn't leave him with an either or choice to make.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If there's a question of bias, then he'll be recused.***

Apr 2, 2018, 1:47 PM

Re: If there's a question of bias, then he'll be recused.***

Apr 2, 2018, 2:05 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Re: Ken Hatfield.***

Apr 2, 2018, 1:47 PM [ in reply to Ken Hatfield.*** ]

Ok ty sir for the answer.

Bobby Johnson is still there

Apr 3, 2018, 9:30 AM

played at Clemson and was an asst coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He said any CLEMSON guys on the committee this year?

Apr 2, 2018, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Ken Hatfield.*** ]

Hatfield was a lot of things, a lot of good things, but a Clemson guy he was not.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We may do well if they exclude him from the discussions.***

Apr 2, 2018, 5:07 PM [ in reply to Ken Hatfield.*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dictionary definition of a "Clemson Man"***

Apr 3, 2018, 12:41 PM [ in reply to Ken Hatfield.*** ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dictionary definition of a "Clemson Man"***

Apr 3, 2018, 1:48 PM

don't hate...

Is full of morans...

Apr 2, 2018, 2:12 PM

Bama should not have been in last year or OSU the year before.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Is full of morans...

Apr 2, 2018, 2:24 PM

They really just need to make it official and say that if you don't win your conference, you don't make the playoff. It's a 4 team playoff...this should not be rocket science.

After that, just defer to the conferences themselves to update the rules that determine their champion if the conference isn't happy with the strength of the title holder. Right now everything is divisions...but it doesn't really have to be.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Attended the 100th Clemson vs. USC game on a broken ankle from 8 hours earlier. Got a recliner in the endzone for the 100th game...it was worth it. Story in Profile.

Apr 2, 2018, 2:27 PM

They really just need to make it official and say that if you don't win your conference, you don't make the playoff. It's a 4 team playoff...this should not be rocket science.

After that, just defer to the conferences themselves to update the rules that determine their champion if the conference isn't happy with the strength of the title holder. Right now everything is divisions...but it doesn't really have to be.

Then you're not picking the 4 best teams...all conferences aren't equal.

It's a playoff, not a popularity contest.***

Apr 3, 2018, 8:48 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Apr 3, 2018, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Re: Is full of morans... ]

K_arena1 said:

Then you're not picking the 4 best teams...all conferences aren't equal.

Every sport in the country goes to playoffs based on win-lose record. You win your games and you move up. Somehow, in college football, the 'eye-test' is also a criteria. I don't agree. If you win your conference then you move up. Teams that jump conference champs because some sports writers think they're 'prettier' is nothing more than an opening for brand-name bias.

my 2 cents.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 2, 2018, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Is full of morans... ]

Who you put in over Bama? Ohio State was blasted twice 31-16 and 55-24.

Apr 2, 2018, 4:31 PM [ in reply to Is full of morans... ]

I think a conference championship should only be the difference if the choice between two teams is near 50/50. The problem the last two seasons has been the #5 team, or next few ranked teams having 2 or more losses. In the case of Ohio State this season, they not only had 2 losses, but one was a 15 point loss to another team in the CFP, and the other was a 55-24 loss to an 8-5 team.

I know Wisconsin only had 1 loss, but they didn't win their conference title either, and not only didn't have any really impressive wins, but played nobody OOC. Bama had at least made the effort of playing FSU even though FSU's season went to crap.

I felt a little different about Ohio State getting in the year before since they not only didn't win their conference, but they got in over the team who did win their conference who also beat them. However, Ohio State did have a lot of high quality wins that year, 1 less loss than Penn State, and the loss to Penn State was by 3 points on the road.

Apr 2, 2018, 4:39 PM [ in reply to Is full of morans... ]

Ohio st no. Bama yes

How could you not trust this face?***

Apr 2, 2018, 2:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

come on now

Apr 2, 2018, 9:03 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: College football playoff committee ...

Apr 2, 2018, 3:58 PM

I thought Bobby Johnson was still on their this coming year.

Re: College football playoff committee ...

Apr 2, 2018, 8:38 PM

Here you go -

http://collegefootballplayoff.com/sports/2017/10/16/selection-committee.aspx

Scary

Apr 3, 2018, 2:06 PM

one of the people on the committee isn't hiding they are on the take.

Her name is PAOLA!

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Replies: 23
| visibility 3,387
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic