Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ClusterFLUck 2020 update, OKC edition
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 448

ClusterFLUck 2020 update, OKC edition

Mar 15, 2020, 6:13 AM

Left the house yesterday morning, and I powered through the drive like a BAWSS. Made it through Oklahoma City and was on my way to Amarillo for what would have been a valiant 14 hour effort, leaving 9 hours left today.

Truck lane discipline was complete sheeeeeit in Arkansas, and the closer you got to Walmart distros, the worse it got. I don’t know if the don’t care at this point or if they’re just driving tired or jacked up on speed with the waiving of the log rules. OK is isolated as always and it’s pretty normal. No shelf raiding in stores yet.

Anyway, felt good because around 4pm yesterday; Telluride tweeted that they had every intention of staying open until April, along with the precautions they were taking. Zero cases in Telluride, BTW. Well, by 7:45pm central the governor of CO decided that every ski resort in the state should shut down, effectively ending our reason to keep driving westward. Immediately stopped and grabbed a room at an OKC hotel, and we are one of two rooms occupied in the whole hotel. Heading back the way we came today. It would be nice to carry on and just hang out around town out there, but at this point I’m all but certain that there will be mandatory interstate quarantines in the next week and I don’t want to be caught out.

It is what it is, but I think ultimately the number of lives ruined from lost jobs, bankruptcies, and foreclosures is going to dwarf the number of lives saved by these draconian measures. Time will tell.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sucks and hope you have a safe return drive

Mar 15, 2020, 8:03 AM

Son of is in LA for a vacation and a lot of places are closed, so they are just sightseeing.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Well that stinks. Found a road cam of ur car

Mar 15, 2020, 8:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2005_majors_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-xtiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go to Arbuckle Mtn for fried pies

Mar 15, 2020, 8:15 AM

Get an onion burger from somewhere

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Re: ClusterFLUck 2020 update, OKC edition

Mar 15, 2020, 8:37 AM

Poot....Telluride is the awesome. Slopes and town...

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m guessing, without looking at a map, that I-40 is a major part of your route.

Mar 15, 2020, 8:57 AM

Fuckthatnoise. Good luck on your trip back.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

at least gas prices are down***

Mar 15, 2020, 9:08 AM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Fuuuuuuuudge

Mar 15, 2020, 2:02 PM

That sucks. Sorry bro

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 7
| visibility 448
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic