Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brian Hartline doesn't buy Swearinger's explanation.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 4,857

Brian Hartline doesn't buy Swearinger's explanation.

Aug 20, 2013, 11:56 AM

http://espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp13/story/_/id/9584359/brian-hartline-miami-dolphins-criticizes-houston-texans-safety-dj-swearinger-hit-dustin-keller

The Dolphins suffered a major blow on offense last weekend when a Houston Texans defender went low on Dustin Keller and blew out three of the tight end's knee ligaments. At least one Dolphins player is very unhappy about it.

Miami veteran receiver Brian Hartline criticized Texans rookie safety D.J. Swearinger for the hit during an interview on the "Joe Rose Show" on WQAM radio in South Florida on Tuesday. Swearinger explained after the game that the NFL's policy on concussions and blows to the head is forcing defenders to increasingly go for an opponent's knees.

Hartline wasn't buying that explanation.

"It's crap," Hartline said. "I think that, me personally, if you're sitting there telling me 'I'm worried about going high and for the head' [and] you consciously went low, then [that] is what you're trying to tell me.

"I'm not a defensive player. So I don't sit here and assume right off the bat. But what I do know is that I have a lot of good pros on my team, and from what they have said to me is that there is no place for that in our game today."

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The NFL is already learning what Clemson fans have

Aug 20, 2013, 12:07 PM

known for a long time. Swearinger is a POS.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: The NFL is already learning what Clemson fans have

Aug 20, 2013, 12:15 PM

Lots of 'em down there!

Aug 20, 2013, 4:41 PM [ in reply to The NFL is already learning what Clemson fans have ]

Well, A. Ellington sure knows he hits hard, doesn't he? Do I detect a bit of jealousy from some of you, because the Tigers don't have the headhunters anymore, something that was always a staple of a Danny Ford team. For sure Dabo's Tigers are kinder and gentler than the Clemson teams I remember from the 1980's.

Jealousy is a coot fan that stays on a Clemson board

Aug 20, 2013, 5:22 PM

with a Tiger name. Nothing else interesting in your life??

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Jealousy is a coot fan that stays on a Clemson board

Aug 20, 2013, 6:42 PM

It's so nice to be loved on here! OK, Sherlock, go to ffg or fgf or whatever it is and find one of my posts. Can't find one, huh? Since I'm not in the habit (one of the few here) of puckering up to kiss Dabo's butt on this board, or buying into the worldwide conspiracy that everybody's out to get poor little Clemson, I get challenged all the time....and by better and smarter than you. Why would any SC fan be jealous of Clemson? Now just think about that? Maybe jealous of being on the wrong end of the score board four years and counting? C'mon! Yeah, I'm a Clemson fan, always have been, and proud of it, except when I read some of the outlandish drivel on these boards! See, I'm just not your kind of Tiger fan, one who agrees with all sorts of nonsense, outright lies, and other illogical misconceptions.

You're a c0cklover, no doubt about it.

Aug 20, 2013, 7:08 PM

The deranged charade with this handle and tigerstripe777 is a plainly obvious. The fact you think you're fooling people is a sure sign there's something wrong with you. Admitting it would be the first step to recovery, and man, you're in desperate need of therapy and/or medication.

Re: You're a c0cklover, no doubt about it.

Aug 20, 2013, 7:56 PM

OK, lets try English! I need to break this to you gently, but I'm not tigerstripe777 or anyone else on this board, other than MCB. If you want to debate me over any of my logical points, I'm cool with that. However, we both know, from your previous posts, that logic is not your strong suit......you're an emotional Tiger fan. That's really all right, I get it! Dabo draws the emotional fans to himself like flies to honey.....that's his schtick, so he tells his fan base just what they want to hear, and they're... gasp! "All In, baby!" BTW, I'm not trying to fool anyone on this board. I'm just mature enough to admit that Clowney is a great player, one of the best I've ever seen, and that Spurrier, Johnson, and Ward have coached circles around Dabo, Venables and Chad for the past few years. And that makes me an SC fan? I think that just makes me an honest Tiger fan, a realist, unlike some of these "never, never land" Clemson fans on this board. However, if it will ease your mind, GO TIGERS!! I am really curious just how many "dabo-emotional"fans will still be "all in" if things quickly go south at the end of the day on August 31?

Tell 'em coot***

Aug 20, 2013, 8:00 PM

Re: Tell 'em coot***

Aug 20, 2013, 10:23 PM

.....says the man of few words, and still fewer functioning brain cells.

Re: Tell 'em coot***

Aug 23, 2013, 5:57 AM

> .....says the man of few words, and still fewer
> functioning brain cells.

I always suspected you were a gamecock fan too, but just because you seem to be too rational for this bunch. Just kidding everyone, relax.

I think DJ kinda plays very tough, physical football. He is a little reckless back there, but I like that in a safety. I can see how people think he plays like a thug on the field.

Off the field, he was aces. Never a problem.

Man you have issues. Couldn't you at least try to hide it?

Aug 21, 2013, 6:45 PM [ in reply to Re: You're a c0cklover, no doubt about it. ]

Let's review the facts:

1. You do use "tigerstripe777" as one of your fake "tiger" handles. You have several others.

2. You have made no logical points.

3. What would you like to "debate"?

4. Show me my "previous posts" lacking logic?

5. I'm no more or less "emotional" than any other tiger fan. Actually probably a lot less so than most.

6. Dabo has the support of the vast majority of tiger nation, not only the "emotional" ones. By the way, doesn't emotion and being a fanatic go hand in hand?

7. To point #6, Dabo has support from the vast majority of fans for good reason. That is, he's succeeding at a level not seen around Clemson in decades.

8. You absolutely do "try" to "fool people on this board". You're nothing but a demented #### fan who never attended any college.

9. Who has said Clowney isn't a good player? Certainly not me. What are you talking about nutcase? Please try to stay on topic.

10. Dabo is 1-4 against Sack. Of course that needs to improve.. and it will. Other than his record against the best uSC has ever fielded (with the help of PEDs), in 4 years of head coaching, Dabo has succeeded at a level equal to or greater than what Sack has done at uSC in 8 years.

11. Sack's offense has not been the reason uSC has beaten Clemson. It has been the defense - Johnson's defense. Let's see what Ward does this year before crowning him some sort of defensive wizard.

12. Neither Chad nor Venables have coached a "few" years.

13. What are you suggesting you're being a realist about?

14. Your demented "schtick" is nothing but a slew of weak defenses of uSC.

15. Don't worry about Clemson and UGA. The bigger question is, will you continue to show you're a nutcase on this board when UNC beats uSC? What about when you finish with a subpar season? We both know you'll disappear into the rubber padded room you crawled out of.

16. There is something very, very wrong with you.

These are facts and substantiated opinions. You got lots of questions to answer. What you got, ####?

Do you ever notice how every one of his posts has at least

Aug 21, 2013, 11:27 PM

one point awarded to it?

Pretty easy to manipulate your pulse with an alternate account. IF that is true, this truly is a disturbed human being.

Re: Do you ever notice how every one of his posts has at least

Aug 22, 2013, 12:06 AM

Disturbed? Like maybe I'm a grown man who sleeps with his mother? Yeah, I'd say definitely disturbed.

My, My........

Aug 22, 2013, 8:38 AM

You said:

"Disturbed? Like maybe I'm a grown man who sleeps with his mother? Yeah, I'd say definitely disturbed."

Do you really do that? Wow!

Re: Man you have issues. Couldn't you at least try to hide it?

Aug 22, 2013, 12:39 AM [ in reply to Man you have issues. Couldn't you at least try to hide it? ]

What I got? I got you foaming at the mouth, didn't I? Actually, I am impressed by your post. I really do appreciate the time devoted to that answer. First, I am only, and always have been, MCB! Apologies to Dabo's rant. Really, this is all in fun, but yes, I am a Clemson Tiger fan. I admit I'm a bit lukewarm on Dabo, but he has impressed me some in the past two seasons. As far as being an SC fan, sure, when they're not playing the Tigers. Why should I hate them, or any other team? It's just a game. As far as college, that's a bit unfair. For all you know I could have a graduate degree from Harvard, but I won't lie to you. It was Stanford, MBA. Now let's not use the unproven, cliched PED arguments about the gamecocks, just because they're obviously faster and stronger than the Tigers recently. We might want to carefully compare S&C programs to come up with the real answer. Or, just watch the lines of scrimmage on August 31 to prove my point.

here is my logic

Aug 21, 2013, 11:24 PM [ in reply to Re: You're a c0cklover, no doubt about it. ]

Why wouldnt people like dabo? He is a nice, outgoing, and christian man. I saw where you mentioned the Danny Ford era, glad you brought that up. We haven't had a team like this SINCE the Ford era. We dont have the headhunters, but CFB has changed. How many teams like that do you see nowadays? other than Alabama and LSU? We put points on the board, and I would take Clemson in a shootout any day. Dabo is 40-21 in his first five seasons. Ford was 36-10-1; pretty similar huh? Thats not a knock on Ford its just my point that you dont need thug 'headhunters' like Swearinger to win football games. To end my argument I will say this.....what has Dabo done to bring shame or disappointment to this university? win 11 games? beat LSU? win the ACC? Yeah we have lost four straight to South Carolina, and had a 6-7 year, but what did he do after that 6-7 year? I believe he went 10-4 and won the ACC. and if you bring up the orange bowl, ill tell you that he followed that up with an 11-2 record, 2nd in the ACC, a bowl win over a top 10 team, and a final ranking in the top ten. Your honor, I rest my case. PEACE OUT!!!!!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 12:02 AM [ in reply to Re: Jealousy is a coot fan that stays on a Clemson board ]

You don't get challenged,but being a coot makes you challenged. You are no Clemson fan. You are simply a ###### bag.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 21, 2013, 2:44 PM

I don't get challenged by you, 74, because you're not intelligent enough to try.

Aug 23, 2013, 12:08 AM

I won't stoop to your level. One reason because I can't go that low. Second reason you are a dumazz coot and have been ignored. By the way clean up your trail of chicken #### on the way out the door. FGF is this way---->

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go easy on him 5.....

Aug 20, 2013, 7:10 PM [ in reply to Jealousy is a coot fan that stays on a Clemson board ]

The nutcase only has one oar in the water, if you know what I'm saying ;)

Ellington sure knows how he hits?

Aug 21, 2013, 6:57 PM [ in reply to Re: The NFL is already learning what Clemson fans have ]

What on God's green earth does that have to do with being a realistic tiger fan (that you claim to be) on a thread that discuss DJ's questionable tackles? You're asking to be called a coot if you're sitting there demeaning one of our own players who has contributed a lot to this team. THAT has nothing to do with Dabo and the "emotional" fanbase that you seem to be resenting so much. That's just you being an @######. You're clearly not a tiger fan despite whatever you say.

Aug 21, 2013, 9:17 PM [ in reply to Re: The NFL is already learning what Clemson fans have ]

A Ellington knows he hits hard and that he celebrates that hit...even AFTER Ellington picks up a first down. So what Ellington really knows is (a) Swearmonger hits hard, (b) he apparently feels compelled to celebrate when opposing backs gain a first down and (c) he is, therefore, not terribly bright. But, I'll definitely give you the hits hard thing...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The good news...

Aug 20, 2013, 12:15 PM

there'll be some folks who'll be "Swearinger Hunting" for the rest of the season. You pull that kind of crap in college and you have to endure catcalls from the fans of the opposition and maybe a flag. You pull that crap in the pro's and you put a bullseye directly on your jersey. Some 300# guard will get a shot at him before the season ends.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The good news...

Aug 20, 2013, 12:20 PM

That was my first thought when I saw the hit. Send him on a blitz and see what the o-line does to him.

null

Re: The good news...

Aug 20, 2013, 12:33 PM [ in reply to The good news... ]

YES!! in the NFL that is called an ''education play".. I sure hope that they get that THUG good..he could have hit that guy about midsection but his AIM WAS TO HURT!!nio place in football for that kind of person!!

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Swearinger is a ...........

Aug 20, 2013, 12:16 PM

POS in the looooooong list of traditional Gamecock POS's! Not surprising given their coach, but this list even supercedes him.

the guy's always been dirty, and an a- hole to boot

Aug 20, 2013, 12:32 PM

Nobody likes a dirty a- hole.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL!

Aug 20, 2013, 12:34 PM

Besides the stink, it starts to itch after a few days, too.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

I didn't think it looked malicious. Maybe 2-hand touch is

Aug 20, 2013, 1:12 PM

what the NFL should go to.

Re: Brian Hartline doesn't buy Swearinger's explanation.

Aug 20, 2013, 2:15 PM

The thing about that particular hit is that it's likely Swearinger was trying not to go helmet to helmet, and he apologized profusely to Keller, which he hasn't in the past.

Too bad for him, but when you get the reputation of being dirty, all your actions are interpreted that way.

Typical Jungle Boi.***

Aug 20, 2013, 3:12 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Cheap Shot artist ---- like all the coot DBs.***

Aug 20, 2013, 11:37 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 4,857
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic