Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Why Duke Will Win Saturday
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 17
| visibility 2,803

Why Duke Will Win Saturday

Nov 2, 2012, 11:12 PM

They won't, but here's why the Dookies think they can win:

"The Blue Devils are undefeated at home, and are hungry to bounce back after a poor showing in Tallahassee. Despite the elite athletes on Clemson’s offense, their defense is suspect, and Duke should be able to score points. Duke should have the advantage in the kicking game, and that will play a huge part in the Blue Devils’ upset. When a top 10 team loses to an unranked opponent, it’s called Clemsoning. Duke 34, Clemson 31"

Here's the link to the rest of the article:

http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/11/bdn-clemson-at-duke-preview/

Go Tigers

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why Duke Will Win Saturday

Nov 2, 2012, 11:42 PM

BTW, why does Duke think they'll be able to hold our offense to fewer points then FSU could? Do they have multiple defensive playmakers that have somehow gone unnoticed by every major media outlet?

Nov 2, 2012, 11:54 PM

Clemson has been known to really get embarrassed by Duke in the past, even in the Danny Ford years and Duke does have a heritage of greatness from many years ago when the Rose Bowl game was actually played in their stadium. Duke even played in the Rose Bowl. The very last thing Clemson needs to do tomorrow is take Duke lightly or disrespect them. I've been around a while. I can remember some real squeakers with Duke when Frank Howard coached. I remember one game, one of the earliest games I remember Clemson being televised and we barely beat Duke by maybe a field goal and the game was in Death Valley. Duke can get up for us. They have beat us before when they only had a fraction of the talent we had. I will never take them lightly. If we blow them out, great!!! But never take them lightly.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

so if duke loses...

Nov 2, 2012, 11:47 PM

will it be dookying?

Re: so if duke loses...

Nov 3, 2012, 8:03 AM

point for 'dookying'. Seems like a perfect fit to me.

In what universe does Duke have the advantage.....

Nov 2, 2012, 11:58 PM

in the kicking game? Kick-offs? Nope. Field Goals? H#ll No! Kick Returns? See SAMMY "freakin'" Watkins. Pure propaganda for both of the Duke football fans.

Re: In what universe does Duke have the advantage.....

Nov 3, 2012, 12:08 AM

Look I know that we should blow them out. No doubt. We should not have gotten blown out by a single team last year or this year, but we did. We shouldn't have got blown out by FSU in the second half this year either. Anything can happen. Players can get hurt on any given play. If all goes well, we should win easily, but you never know my friend. That is all I'm saying.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Clemson Soldier

Kerrect! Anything can happen as was

Nov 3, 2012, 1:07 AM

the long afternoon many of us had in Durham in 2004. Charlie Whitehurst and a good Clemson team got smacked and lost - no fluke either. They whipped the Tigers. Don't expect it to happen - but every year we give a game or two away.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Bizzaro World***

Nov 3, 2012, 1:42 AM [ in reply to In what universe does Duke have the advantage..... ]

Check out their pickers ...

Nov 3, 2012, 1:39 AM

http://bluedevilnation.net/2012/11/bdn-week-10-college-football-picks/

Notice the prediction of the one who actually played football for Duke (Thad Lewis).

Nov 3, 2012, 4:11 AM

Your kicking game is better than ours? That's why Duke will win? Yikes, they're really reaching now. I mean it's not like they have a kicker who went 20 for his last 21 or anything. He's like 17/18 on the 2012 season or something and was named to the mid-season All-American watch list. Does Duke have Sebastian janikowski kicking for them? 34-31, Duke will be lucky to keep us from winning by 31 for goodness sake.

Nov 3, 2012, 6:48 AM

I doubt this will be a close game. Clemson is on a roll, and they should eat Duke up. Though FSU is a great team, we have gotten much better as the season has progressed, and this is a different team than the one that played in Tally. Clemson will maul Duke.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2012, 3:00 PM

I'm not that worried, we should win by 25-30 points, Duke has played well this far but they aren't explosive enough to tear up our defense and they I bet we score 35 before the half on them again.

Nov 3, 2012, 11:23 PM

We both nailed it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 3, 2012, 2:56 PM

What the heck is 'Clemsoning'. I've heard 'pulling a Clemson' but Clemsoning just sounds stupid, just like the rest of the argument.

Clemsoning is a

Nov 3, 2012, 3:18 PM

Shoe-shelf-ski-ism coming out of Tent City, Dook.

i think we win..but..they do have some offensive..

Nov 3, 2012, 2:59 PM

play makers and our defense is no where near our strong point.if our offense decides to sputter we could be in trouble

Another good quote

Nov 3, 2012, 11:28 PM

"Clemson has to bring their “A” game and play with intensity for a full 60 minutes if they hope to win on Saturday"

Well, I guess every string DID play with intensity. Lol at "hope to win"

Clemson

Replies: 17
| visibility 2,803
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic