Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
11/24: Redemption
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 1
| visibility 536

11/24: Redemption

Nov 19, 2012, 5:27 PM

Since last Saturday there has been plenty to discuss and worry about in the college football world: College Gameday coming to Clemson, the latest release of the BCS standings, ESPN's SEC bias, Maryland leaving the ACC, Tech and Florida State's chances of beating UGA and Florida, Clemson's BCS hopes, etc. Like many other fans I've found myself getting all riled up and worried about several of those topics above. However, after clearing my head for a minute and putting all of that aside, I realized that none of that is under my control at all. Despite all the gripes we, as fans, have it is hard to find many things to complain about this week as a tiger fan. Coming into the year we were talking about a team that had been embarrassed on National TV after finally reaching a BCS bowl game, a team that had continued to "pull Clemsons" against inferior opponents, and a team that had lost 3 straight to the chickens. After our loss to FSU, all we could hope for was to win out and hope for help to allow us to repeat as ACC champs. That's out the window now. Despite how bad the ACC may be, we have 10 regular season wins for the first time in 30 years. We've finally been able to avoid those "trap games" that had plagued us for so long, when we would play like apathetic deer in headlights, especially during the Bowden era. All that stands in our way now from elevating a good season to a great, memorable season is a win over the chickens.

I remember thinking after the FSU game, "Man, that was our shot at redemption from the Orange Bowl last year. Our D came out and laid another egg. Here goes another 9-3 or 8-4 season." I can gladly say I was wrong. After that game, all signs pointing to 11/24 as the biggest game of the year. With that being said, we should appreciate that 11/24 has finally come. We should appreciate what Dabo has done to elevate this program. And finally, we should appreciate what this game would do for our program moving forward. We've lost 3 straight to USuCk. Unacceptable. This is our chance to break that streak. We're back on the national stage, against an almighty "SEC caliber" opponent. We have the chance to return to that coveted BCS game that had eluded us for so long. With this win, at 11-1, we would return to national prominence. None of our students have even lived to see a Clemson program at that elite level.

So despite all of those pressing issues that we feel like we're faced with this week as Clemson fans, the only one that we can control is how crazy, loud, and hostile we can make THE REAL DEATH VALLEY for those sorry SOB's from Columbia. After complaining all season about how we've been snubbed from night games, we finally have one. So as fans let's appreciate that and take advantage of it. We've patiently waited for our shot at redemption as we've been overlooked and disrespected by the national media, the BCS, or any of the polls. We've been lurking in the shadows, and when the tigers emerge at the top of that hell, shining in Orange from head to toe in THE REAL DEATH VALLEY at night, it is our responsibility as fans to unleash hell on all those jokers in garnet in black, especially our boy Steve, and LEAVE ABSOLUTELY NO DOUBT THAT THE REAL DEATH VALLEY IS IN CLEMSON, SC. Our day of redemption is near. 11/24 is approaching. Let's take back what's rightfully ours. Go tigers.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BCS conveniently dropped them below us finally

Nov 19, 2012, 5:29 PM

bc we're gonna wipe the field with their arses!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 1
| visibility 536
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic