Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Anybody concerned that Trump has ordered
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 36
| visibility 744

Anybody concerned that Trump has ordered

Jul 15, 2020, 1:14 PM

hospitals to stop sending covid data to the CDC? And don't gimme BS about the CDC "manipulating" data.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Anybody concerned that Trump has ordered

Jul 15, 2020, 1:24 PM

I missed this...

Jul 15, 2020, 1:24 PM

Was it an EO?

Stupid.

I would assume hospitals would ignore such an order

So, if true, yes, it is quite bothersome

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seems to be HHS mandate at the instruction of the WH.

Jul 15, 2020, 1:40 PM

CDC is part of HHS, but by changing reporting orders, HHS can keep data out of the public eye.

The Wizard has a curtain...***

Jul 15, 2020, 1:30 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

her vazine hangs like a wizard's sleeve, Trebek.***

Jul 16, 2020, 8:53 AM

Jul 15, 2020, 1:36 PM

trying to find that story, you have a link?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Is Google hard for you?

Jul 15, 2020, 1:41 PM

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/07/14/us/politics/trump-cdc-coronavirus.html

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Is Google hard for you?

Jul 15, 2020, 1:51 PM

oh, guess you have a subscription. figures. Really, I just like to see where you guys get your "hot takes".

Here you go

Jul 15, 2020, 1:54 PM

https://fox6now.com/2020/07/14/trump-administration-tells-hospitals-to-bypass-cdc-with-covid-19-data-reporting/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Here you go

Jul 15, 2020, 1:58 PM

thx. you're a real stand-up guy. Now, can you find me who has the lowest refinance rates today, since you're so net savvy? JK..

You have military donorship, get a VA loan***

Jul 15, 2020, 2:09 PM

wait is that an identity clue***

Jul 15, 2020, 6:28 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huh?

Jul 15, 2020, 6:50 PM

Also, he was the one who said I was net savvy then j/k, but I followed up with a legitimate tip, so what are you talkin about henry?

Message was edited by: soccerkrzy®

Re: Is Google hard for you?

Jul 16, 2020, 9:01 AM [ in reply to Is Google hard for you? ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very concerning, yes.***

Jul 15, 2020, 1:41 PM

Jul 15, 2020, 1:52 PM

Looks good to me.

"Michael Caputo, HHS assistant secretary for public affairs, said in a statement the new coronavirus data collection system would be “faster,” adding that the CDC has a one-week lag in reporting hospital data.

“The President’s Coronavirus Task Force has urged improvements for months, but they cannot keep up with this pandemic,” he said. “Today, the CDC still provides data from only 85 percent of hospitals; the President’s COVID response requires 100 percent to report.”

Jul 15, 2020, 2:12 PM

Jul 15, 2020, 2:50 PM

Yea, I’d do both and compare

Jul 15, 2020, 9:04 PM

But then the numbers will probably be different and the impartial press will pounce and scream because the only possible reason for differences is Orange Man Bad.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Gotta wonder why it took them 4 months to figure that out.***

Jul 15, 2020, 2:27 PM [ in reply to Re: Anybody concerned that Trump has ordered ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not really.

Jul 15, 2020, 9:55 PM

The CDC botched the testing after ignoring Dr Chu's testing results in Jan. The CDC test kits were faulty, their process was slow as smoke off chit in the winter and they weren't happy that Trump ordered US industry to handle manufacturing and approve of private labs to test.

The CDC's incompetence is third behind the W.H.O and China.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 15, 2020, 3:08 PM

You left out the part that the data will be sent somewhere else...Without that caveat, yes it sounds silly.

Knowing someone is getting the data, it might make more sense.

No more worried than I was in 2008 when

Jul 15, 2020, 3:10 PM

Obama had it switched from HHS to CDC. The part you left off the story was that it would be reported to HHS now directly instead of to CDC first.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, but Obama's move from HHS to CDC allowed for

Jul 15, 2020, 5:01 PM

public access to the information. This ain't goin' in the out door, it's sneakin' in the back door.

I hate to quote Hillary, but does it really matter?

Jul 15, 2020, 5:07 PM

The CDC has jacked this up so badly so far, is there really any difference?

This isn't partisan for me, this is just me being pragmatic. It honestly doesn't seem to make a rat's fart worth of difference in my day to day to make it a battle I want to pick.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpgringofhonor-obed.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ho Leechit, you quoted Hilldawg!

Jul 15, 2020, 5:48 PM

Srsly, tho what matters is the CDC is now another gubmint agency that will have to scrounge to get back their, previously, solid reputation. Trump shids on everybody and everything he doesn't like and the cult followers believe it as gospel. Example: Fauci has been trying to his science job while not offending the sensitivities of his snowflake boss. What serves the greater good, share what you know or share only what doesn't make orange man angry. And when you do what he wants, he flings shid at you anyway. Eff that. Two masters, yada, yada.

These people are scientists and don't need to give a squirt of whizz about what you, me, or an uneducated buffoon thinks about what they have to say. Scientists learn, hypotheses change, it's the nature of research. Learn more, share more information...good or bad.

Re: Ho Leechit, you quoted Hilldawg!

Jul 15, 2020, 7:31 PM

It is a major concern...which is exactly why the second Trump's ham-fisted administration gets caught manipulating data - and you know it's going to - it's just going to blow back on him.

If Trump's really stupid enough to try to paint some sort of rosy picture of improving conditions while the hospital systems turn into plague wards (and he is!), they're just going to release their (real) numbers to the press...and when people are dropping like flies, it's going to get a whole lot more personal.

Only a true tinpot-plated third-world dictator would try a move like this...which is, of course, exactly why Trump seems almost certain to try it...and of course, fail at it.

The medical profession is an institution, and it's got a lot of good and bad...but it is not a political entity and attempts to politicize it are not going to end well.

He's tearing down governmental norms

Jul 15, 2020, 8:05 PM

that have been in place for decades, if not centuries, and completely overturning generations of acceptable reporting standards!!!!

No wait, scratch that....he's just putting it back the way it had always been prior to 12 years ago.

It's just not logically consistent for us to bemoan the performance of the CDC to date during this fun pandemic (and I think we all can bemoan it--we just differ in how much sh## rolls uphill--I happen to think all of it) and then in the next breath gnash teeth that the CDC is no longer the arbiter of all pandemic data.

It's logical if the alternative is worse

Jul 15, 2020, 8:58 PM

which is what the argument here seems to be.

Which is, as of yet, an unsubstantiated opinion.

Jul 15, 2020, 9:22 PM

I’ve heard logical arguments from HHS why it makes sense and makes them more nimble, and I’ve heard projections that Trump is purely doing it to play hide the peanut.

It doesn’t seem as cut and dried as a terrible thing as if he were taking air traffic regulation away from the FAA and giving it to HUD.

That's true.

Jul 15, 2020, 10:33 PM

It's just a worry based on how Trump's administration has treated information and transparency in the past (not to mention how he's personally viewed "testing"). Hopefully, nothing negative will come from it and it will make things more nimble and efficient, but I don't think we've seen any evidence so far that Trump's administration is capable of accomplishing that.

Yeah, I'm all tore up but...

Jul 15, 2020, 9:40 PM

Kanye dropped out so I'm back to supporting Trump.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

CDC published data is always behind

Jul 15, 2020, 10:47 PM

JHU compiles from all the states independent of the CDC, and that's the numbers most of us use.

when Trump craps concerns you***

Jul 15, 2020, 10:54 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Admittedly I need to read more on this, but isn't...

Jul 16, 2020, 8:59 AM

the CDC structured on HHS? Why is having the data go to a higher level of HHS worrisome over having it go to the CDC? Aren't they saying there are more resources to compile the data at the HHS level in an effort to speed up the release of data?

This is an easy answer.

Jul 16, 2020, 9:08 AM

Anti-Trump people = Super concerned, and this is the worst thing to happen ever in history.

Pro-Trump people = Fake news, all of the data is manipulated and false.

There, does that clear it up for you?

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 36
| visibility 744
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic