Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Serving up Crow for the attacks on Coach Saban re the drug testing
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 67
| visibility 1

Serving up Crow for the attacks on Coach Saban re the drug testing

Jun 1, 2016, 11:54 AM

Just got off the phone with one of our compliance guys, after about 30 wasted minutes getting the runaround at NCAA offices in Indianapolis.

Directly from UA compliance...

" a player failing drug test is immediately ineligible for competition. You cannot file appeal and continue playing guys that failed a drug test. The appeal is strictly a means of seeking to reverse or mitigate penalties"

I think I just changed a lot of your lunch plans.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lol... UA compliance. . Good one***

Jun 1, 2016, 11:57 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Good. I don't want any excuses if Bama makes it back. ;~)***

Jun 1, 2016, 11:58 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Serving up Crow for the attacks on Coach Saban re the drug testing

Jun 1, 2016, 11:59 AM

Did you make that up all by yourself ?

Bama compliance LOL

Jun 1, 2016, 11:59 AM

Get back when you have a NCAA ruling. Otherwise you know what you can do with that crow.

isn't suspension from play a penalty?

Jun 1, 2016, 12:00 PM

seems like a penalty to me.

just spit-ballin' here of course.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your compliance department fields calls from general public?

Jun 1, 2016, 12:00 PM

And is OK with information obtained from the call being posted to a public forum?

This seems odd.

He knows a guy who knows a guy............ You know, right?***

Jun 1, 2016, 12:02 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Your compliance department fields calls from general public?

Jun 1, 2016, 12:04 PM [ in reply to Your compliance department fields calls from general public? ]

They take my call

This is not secret information, this is NC double a policy and apparently not many people understand it so perhaps we need a class or some education on that as well

NCAA policy is by selective application...***

Jun 1, 2016, 12:06 PM

Re: Your compliance department fields calls from general public?

Jun 1, 2016, 12:24 PM [ in reply to Your compliance department fields calls from general public? ]

That's how compliance works. Go ahead and give Clemson's a call.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

OK, but you've been proven wrong on this forum so many times

Jun 1, 2016, 12:43 PM

... I'm not sure I am going to rely on your viewpoint on this subject.

Here it is.

Jun 1, 2016, 12:06 PM

Judging that Saban is talking about players missing half the season in his remarks,it's safe to say the appeal process was lost and that Sample B didn't pass muster.

if you had any clue at all, you'd know that even Hood told us at the time that appeals were filed and that gave Bama an extra 45 days with their drug filled players.

http://www.ncaa.org/health-and-safety/policy/frequently-asked-questions-about-drug-testing

Jun 1, 2016, 12:08 PM

I just can't believe anyone actually believed David Hood's report.

There wa a reason literally no one else was reporting it.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 1, 2016, 12:15 PM

Coot calling Out Mr. Hood - :(

Jun 1, 2016, 3:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Serving up Crow for the attacks on Coach Saban re the drug testing ]

Really mods this piece of trash has been doing nothing but attacking Clemson on here for years and now is blatantly going after an employee and you still wont send his ### back to FGF?

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

It is utterly ridiculous that they allow this piece of sh!t

Jun 1, 2016, 4:15 PM

to troll and flame like he does

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No class of 09?

Jun 1, 2016, 6:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Serving up Crow for the attacks on Coach Saban re the drug testing ]

Surely you jest!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hood wasn't the only one.

Jun 1, 2016, 3:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Serving up Crow for the attacks on Coach Saban re the drug testing ]

Now that the suspensions for those appealed failed drug tests are coming up(reason Saban's upset) ,even the SEC Network will be reporting it.

They palyed with players that had failed the drug tests because they used the appeal process. Nothing illegal about that. We can't even say Clemson would have won had the players been suspended,we don't know.

What we do know, no matter what you and Beer Bryant continue to say, is that Bama played the playoff games with players that didn't pass the drug test because of the appeals process. Because of that same appeals process,it looks as if Saban is now crying because he's gonna play without some of his druggies for 6 games this season.

I don't know Beer Bryant but and don't know if he's lying BUT

Jun 1, 2016, 12:18 PM

I will vouch for the ability to get through to compliance. I already knew Becky Bowman so I would call her every once in a while a few years ago but I didn't get to speak with her because I knew her. It's not like they're hard to get in touch with if you need them. However regarding the rest of Beer's post I can't validate one bit.

Re: UA Compliance ----- The ultimate oxymoron***

Jun 1, 2016, 12:22 PM

Jun 1, 2016, 12:27 PM

Actually I would put the current UA compliance Department up against any in the country. They are very diligent and top-notch

Re: He got it from Nick's pool boy***

Jun 1, 2016, 12:33 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Jun 1, 2016, 1:10 PM [ in reply to Re: UA Compliance ----- The ultimate oxymoron*** ]

> Actually I would put the current UA compliance
> Department up against any in the country. They are
> very diligent and top-notch

They are. Everything at Alabama is diligent and top-notch. It might be appearances, mind, a veneer of gold plate over only God Knows What, but nobody can deny that Alabama has become the undisputed Gold Standard of college football over the last decade.

Everything Alabama does is professional, from their facilities, technology, training, staff, recruiting, promotions, booster memberships and fund-raising, their handling of the press and public. They spend massive money, expect the best, and get it. They are the Rolls Royce of college football. If college football had promotion to the pros like England does with soccer, Alabama would be the first college team into the NFL...and they would probably dominate there in short order. They're that kind of organization.

Clemson is good, and is becoming elite under Dabo. We are still chasing Bama at most everything. So is everybody else.

If Alabama compliance is saying what they're saying - and I doubt Beer is lying - I don't doubt they're right...mostly. What interests me is the weight Alabama can throw around simply because they are so big...and so well-represented. Which means the rules are sometimes subject to their interpretation as well....

diligent in covering up cheating***

Jun 1, 2016, 1:15 PM [ in reply to Re: UA Compliance ----- The ultimate oxymoron*** ]

Jun 1, 2016, 5:43 PM [ in reply to Re: UA Compliance ----- The ultimate oxymoron*** ]

...and what they don't know can't hurt them .

Immediately , anyways.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

In this day & age, folks just believe what they want ...

Jun 1, 2016, 12:36 PM

Information, data and facts are irrelevant because on the Internet I can find where some so called expert wrote a different view.

I elect to hate Saban --- primarily because he wins too much and does not coach Clemson. Don't really want to see information that might make me think and change my opinion.

If I am wrong about Saban, then what else might I be wrong about??? Too complex and scary to think about.

GO TIGERS ... and reluctantly roll tide!

Bama is the dirtiest program in the history of college football...

Jun 1, 2016, 1:14 PM

Funny how you call Auburn cheaters, when Bama has never stop cheating since the OG of cheating Bear Bryant started it.

And what else did Harvey Updyke have to say?***

Jun 1, 2016, 1:32 PM

I must be missing something here.

Jun 1, 2016, 3:21 PM

If Saban had no players failing drug test then why/what did he appeal between the testing and the game? It seems like an inopportune time to appeal something which could have been done before or after the bowl trip.

I've never heard of an appeal without a charge and conviction.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I must be missing something here.

Jun 1, 2016, 4:42 PM

sort of like him complaining about having to suspend players for failed drug test...without having to suspend players for failed drug tests...

I'll say one thing, if even a sniff of this is true where

Jun 1, 2016, 3:32 PM

Bama appealed drug testing results to keep players on the field for the CFP and Clemson opted to send them packing, which Saban kindled up in his recent comments, then it's a popcorn grabbing story. It will be slow to unfold - you won't hear about it again until suspensions start getting handed out - but if that's part of the backstory - like I said, grab some popcorn because this won't be a TNet story, it'll be a national one.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I'll say one thing, if even a sniff of this is true where

Jun 1, 2016, 3:47 PM

Again, coming from a compliance staffer, players are not allowed to play using the appeal as a shield

Again, they did play using appeal as a shield

Jun 1, 2016, 3:53 PM

It's been proven. That's why Saban is now claiming it's unfair to suspend those guys for 6 games this coming season because every player in the nation wasn't tested.

Re: Again, they did play using appeal as a shield

Jun 1, 2016, 4:08 PM

Where has it been proven?

Saban's worried about playing the first 6 games

Jun 1, 2016, 4:11 PM

without players that flunked the drug test PRIOR to the playoff games. Coots really are that dumb.

Jun 1, 2016, 4:10 PM [ in reply to Again, they did play using appeal as a shield ]

Didn't want to believe him but he's right.

"8.2.4. A positive finding may be appealed by the institution
to the NCAA competitive safeguards committee or
a subcommittee thereof. The institution shall notify the
student-athlete of the right to appeal. The student-athlete
will remain ineligible pending the outcome of the
appeal."

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Link BB & CC please read the rules

Jun 1, 2016, 4:12 PM

http://www.tigernet.com/forums/message.jspa?messageID=19491568

Re: ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^Link BB & CC please read the rules

Jun 1, 2016, 4:36 PM

What?

Jun 1, 2016, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, they did play using appeal as a shield ]

It's amazing people are still trying to ignore this reality.

as amazing as a Chickensh!t loser like yourself trolling

Jun 1, 2016, 4:38 PM

this board for over a decade? Or as amazing as your 5 year run under Slurrier having nothing to do with the violations that got you put on probation?

Re: as amazing as a Chickensh!t loser like yourself trolling

Jun 1, 2016, 4:44 PM

I really feel bad for you that if your life is this miserable you have to be so hostile over a conversation about sports.

And I really feel bad for you that YOUR life is this

Jun 1, 2016, 4:54 PM

miserable that you have to come here to troll and flame, so we're even sh!thead

That's just text in a guidebook that may or may not apply to

Jun 1, 2016, 4:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, they did play using appeal as a shield ]

what transpired.

All we really know for certain at this point is that 3 Clemson players failed some sort of drug test, were sent home prior to the Orange Bowl semi vs. Oklahoma, two were released outright from the team, and the other suspended from team activities until Summer.

Nick Saban has made a statement in the past week that he's dealing with a fairly larger number of players who are having to deal with repercussions of failed NCAA tests from back in December "which is so long ago I can't even remember what I was doing" or something like that, that did not involve all of the bowl teams, only a select few - the CFP four. Save for the one player sent home by their Leadership Council, all Alabama players suited up for both CFP games.

So, whichever players are left that didn't graduate from that group may or may not face some type of suspension this coming season. Until those suspensions are announced along with the accompanying infractions, this is only speculation, on all parts, just like it was in December when lo and behold Clemson was the only team of four that had any players fail a drug test. Based on Saban's words yesterday though, suspensions are coming, and the media will have a field day with this once they peel back the curtain.

Right now it's too early for the popcorn. Don't blow your kernals before they've cured. This sweet little baby is going to take some time. I'm sure Beer Bryant is quite pleased that the house coot has his back on this one, though. Atta boy.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's just text in a guidebook that may or may not apply to

Jun 1, 2016, 5:02 PM

Likewise we don't know if he was referencing multiple guys from Alabama or was including the guys from Clemson as well.

It seemed like he was speaking from the perspective of the teams in he CFP.

Do you REALLY think he was referring to us or is that just

Jun 1, 2016, 5:05 PM

your current excuse?

clarity

Jun 1, 2016, 5:14 PM

Alabama can appeal

No matter if they appeal or not for street drug it is six games

Does not change for waiting

PED is a year

That is a NCAA test

A separate university test follows university and conference protocols
And I think that is where our fans are sorta mixed up .

Saban does not like it that NCAA testing is random and that not all schools are subjected to it but playoff teams... And I sorta agree... But you still should prep your players for it

If any of his in fact failed their Appeal they get six games or a year based on the type.

Obviously the players impact his team because they appealed to allow them to play in NCG

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Do you REALLY think he was referring to us or is that just

Jun 1, 2016, 5:14 PM [ in reply to Do you REALLY think he was referring to us or is that just ]

Well he couldn't have been referring to multiple Alabama players as they only sent one home...

so you think Nick was lamenting the loss of our players?***

Jun 1, 2016, 5:19 PM

Re: so you think Nick was lamenting the loss of our players?***

Jun 1, 2016, 5:23 PM

I think he was using others to strengthen the argument for his player.

is that a yes or a no Henny Penny?***

Jun 1, 2016, 5:48 PM

I don't blame you for being such an SEC homer C9,

Jun 1, 2016, 6:37 PM [ in reply to Re: so you think Nick was lamenting the loss of our players?*** ]

considering your circumstances, I really don't.

Trying to paint Nick Saban's own ills as an institutional malady though is classic Tricky Nick at its best.

Look how he sneaked into the rules committee last year with Bieliema trying to quick quosh the clock on college offenses "for the safety of the kids".

He's playing the satellite camp issue off on anything he can find, spinning it into a "sanctity of the game" issue to protect his recruiting playing field.

If he's trying to reference other institutions into his own sense of righteousness when it comes to what went down in December with the NCAA drug testing the top 4 prior to play then that's Tricky Nick at play at his best. Dabo won't bite. He doesn't have to. He took it with the rest of the team and program back when it happened. I don't remember Dabo hemming and hawing at the time of the announcement like Nick Saban is doing under the SEC media umbrella 6 months later. I did hear a lot of "accountability", "let down the team," "next man up" kind of thing at the time, though.

We'll see.

Re: That's just text in a guidebook that may or may not apply to

Jun 1, 2016, 5:38 PM [ in reply to Re: That's just text in a guidebook that may or may not apply to ]

Bingo

This was a discussion on the system, not Alabama Football

His point was why is there not a level, even standard of testing all bowl teams

because the NCAA has no control over the bowls?***

Jun 1, 2016, 5:49 PM

That's the value of an SEC education.

Jun 1, 2016, 6:58 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, they did play using appeal as a shield ]

Get a clue. Was Saban appealing the fact that all his players passed the drug screens?

Of course not, if they had then what's to appeal?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's the value of an SEC education.

Jun 1, 2016, 7:10 PM

Nowhere did Coach Saban say anything about suspensions or appeals re Bama guys

It was more of a discourse on the system

i.e. "smokescreen"

Jun 1, 2016, 7:13 PM

Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain!

boomed the great and powerful Oz.***

Jun 1, 2016, 7:49 PM

Did he not file an appeal?

Jun 1, 2016, 9:03 PM [ in reply to Re: That's the value of an SEC education. ]

Cause your credibility is starting to lack appeal about now.

Jun 1, 2016, 5:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Again, they did play using appeal as a shield ]

Thank you for finding that, I could not

If that were NOT the case, there would be no deterrent for SRs and draftable JRs to follow the rules

should have asked your compliance department...I hear they

Jun 1, 2016, 5:50 PM

are the best

Shall we believe that Saban was appealing testing which...

Jun 1, 2016, 3:59 PM [ in reply to Re: I'll say one thing, if even a sniff of this is true where ]

proved that Bama players did not take NCAA banned drugs?

Jun 1, 2016, 3:41 PM

Did you ask them about gun charges?

What a joke! Seriously BB?

Jun 1, 2016, 5:40 PM

Who eats lunch at 11:54am? I'm lucky to be out of bed by noon! ;)

Re: What a joke! Seriously BB?

Jun 1, 2016, 5:47 PM

Crow Bruncheon then?

That sounds more like it BB!

Jun 1, 2016, 5:50 PM

;)

Y'all eat crows in Alabama?

Jun 1, 2016, 7:13 PM

Groce

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Jun 1, 2016, 10:01 PM

I get your passion, I really do. But this is a Clemson board so the knives being thrown at you is to be expected. Having said that, aside from viewing this issue through a crimson lens....the only question is did Saban play players who had failed a drug test?

That's really the only question. If he did...it wasn't smart. If he didn't then a lot of crow needs to be eaten by a lot of people.

My money? I think he played them. ;)

Replies: 67
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic