Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dabo is sending the right message.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 2
| visibility 906

Dabo is sending the right message.

Sep 26, 2018, 3:03 PM

In my opinion this is not as much about Kelly Bryant as it is about the team. Time and time again, the coaches tell us that the best guy will start/play regardless of seniority or popularity. The coaches do this for the team's benefit - they owe it to the team to play the guy that is the most productive and gives the team the greatest chance to win. There is nothing unfair or nefarious about this. To the contrary, it would be completely unfair to the team to not play the best guy at each position because of seniority rules. Luckily, our football program's culture is built on competition and the players that come here see it and "get it".

Dabo is also sending a message to recruits - if you are willing to work hard and are good enough to beat a veteran you can start as a true freshman. Not only is he proving it with his words, he is proving this to be true with his action. Should recruits see that seniority and not competition dictates who plays, then we would not be able to maintain the steady flow of highly rated recruits - they would go elsewhere looking for early playing time.

I wish Kelly Bryant nothing but the best - he is forever a Clemson man (graduate), and wears multiple Clemson ACC Championship rings and a Clemson National Championship ring. I do wish he would have limited his comments to the press to "doing what is best for his future" and kept the "fair" and "slap in the face" comments to himself, but I can also chalk this up to him being young and upset. In the long run, I believe Kelly Bryant will appreciate that Dabo and the coaching staff have been honest with him and treated him with dignity and respect by notifying him of his status while he still has a chance to save a year of eligibility.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Could not agree more,

Sep 26, 2018, 3:06 PM

I was worried that he would continue to tip toe around the issue all year due to seniority like he has done in the past. I believe the Bama loss and The Bama win last year taught DABO all he needed to know. Saban putting in that Freshman won the Championship and sometimes you have to do whats best for the team. I really wish KB could have seen that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Amen to this!

Sep 26, 2018, 3:10 PM

Dabo could have started KB against Syracuse and eliminated his redshirt option. But he did the right thing because he and the coaches knew that Trevor had earned the right to start. It is called integrity.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Very, very happy- very, very proud.

Replies: 2
| visibility 906
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic