Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Brownell needs raise and extension
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 15
| visibility 1

Brownell needs raise and extension

Mar 10, 2014, 10:24 PM

immediately. Have no inside info whatsoever but the way Purdue is trending,don't think Painter will be there much longer. Also,a little siffy on Crean at Indiana. Brownell would be in the mix at either school. We need to keep him because he is building the program the right way,and recruiting is taking off.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dang right! Big time!***

Mar 10, 2014, 10:42 PM

Agree...

Mar 10, 2014, 10:50 PM

Painter has maybe one year to turn it around. Brownell started out at college there before transfering to Depawl. Cream at Indiana is ok now and they recruit well so won't be down besides this season but you never know. Lock him down now before LJ is rebuilt and it will pay dividens...

totally agree

Mar 10, 2014, 11:06 PM

Might be the best pure coach on the campus. Lock him down right now. Probably best bb coach in school history and should get a 10 yr. deal asap as far as im concerned.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Brownell needs raise and extension

Mar 10, 2014, 11:32 PM

I would think if Indiana ever came calling, he would go unless we were paying him a crazy high salary. We don't have good facilities and fan support is marginal most of the time. I think he is doing good things, and I am really impressed with how far he has brought this team since the beginning of the season. We might have a really good team next year with the way he is developing players..

Mar 11, 2014, 12:16 AM

This made me think today that we should lock Brownell down very QUICK. I was listening to coot radio at about 2 this afternoon, and one of the host on there said. He said as far as he was concerned, that Brownell has done enough this year to win C O Y. And that it would be shameful if he didn't win acc basketball C O Y b/c most of Clemson players were less than average except for KJ. And that Brad has done a phenomenal job in finishing the season in 6 place playing against much better talent. IMO, they are praying for someone to hire Brad away from us/Clemson b/c, they never say or agree to anything good about Clemson or Clemson coaches. One caller called in and said that we wouldn't keep Brad very much longer. That Clemson is just a stepping stone for Brad, and that Brad wouldn't stay long b/c he has to coach and play in a HS gym at Clemson....

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2014, 12:23 AM

I haven't looked at drawings of the new basketball facilities that have been proposed, but our basketball facilities look pretty terrible to me. That one court on the south side of LJ that you can watch them warm up on is downright shameful. The wall is like two feet behind the baseline in there.

I feel like basketball gets marginal fan support at Clemson, but a lot of Clemson people love basketball. My guess is it has to do with the difficulty to get to Clemson during the week for people who don't live in the immediate area. If we want to be good, we are going to have to put some money into it.

ABSOTUDELUTELY!***

Mar 11, 2014, 7:04 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you donate 7.5 million we can make this happen.***

Mar 11, 2014, 8:29 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dangit, I only have 7 million to donate

Mar 11, 2014, 8:45 AM

Oh well, I guess we're screwed

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

You donate that $7mil to me and I'll make sure you're

Mar 11, 2014, 11:29 AM

screwed by dsp

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

NowTHAT is an expensive one night stand

Mar 11, 2014, 1:16 PM

DANGGGGGGG

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what a difference a month makes

Mar 11, 2014, 10:00 AM

Fire him, no extend him, wait, fire him, no really extend him

Maybe wait till season is over? Just a thought because this place implodes if we lose first day in Greensboro

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 11, 2014, 11:27 AM

I do not agree with the OP about the raise and extension for several reasons, BUT BB is the ONLY dang coach that we have that can beat the chickens. Not that beating the chickens in basketball is anything to get excited about, but I guess it's worth mentioning.

Have we cracked the top 25 in bball in recent years??? I don't keep up with bball all that much, but every time I watch, it seems that we beat average teams and lose to good ones 90% of the time. We still haven't beaten the tarholes in chapel hole in a hundred attempt, so ...

I like what BB has going at Clemson. I'd hate to lose him.

Mar 11, 2014, 11:38 AM

We know he beats usc but what he is doing goes beyond that. The players play hard and have continued to improve. He is by far the best HC we have on campus regardless of sport. If we were to lose him and the next HC sucks, we'll be back in the same boat, (B)itching and groaning about how bad our basketball team is.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree

Mar 11, 2014, 12:50 PM

As an Indiana fan and a Brownell and his staff fan, I can tell you more and more IU fans are figuring out that we should have hired BB instead of Crean.

Replies: 15
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic