Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
How many would support this compromise on guns?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 77
| visibility 1

How many would support this compromise on guns?

Aug 27, 2019, 4:33 PM

Make every type of gun legal, be it automatic, semi-automatic rifles, or any pistol or revolver as long as no magazine, clip, or combined chambers holds more than 6 bullets.

Large magazines could be found on the black market of course but crazy mofos should be made to jump through these hoops.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Suits me. Obvious exception being law enforcement,

Aug 27, 2019, 4:45 PM

otherwise make those larger mags illegal.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Aug 27, 2019, 5:12 PM

why 6?

why not 4? Why not 7?

Barn only had 1. Most revolvers have six, right?***

Aug 27, 2019, 5:20 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

can I throttle your internet to 250k?

Aug 28, 2019, 8:50 AM

you dont NEED to have free speech at such a high rate.

Sprechen sie English?***

Aug 28, 2019, 11:04 AM

The internet and modern technology has been used to

Aug 28, 2019, 11:32 AM

radicalize countless terrorists along with with giving the mass killers a "voice" with their "manifestos."

Its only common sense that we throttle that right to free speech to make it more difficult for those crazies to access it. High speed internet could be found on the dark web of course but crazy mofos should be made to jump through these hoops.

You wouldn't mind having your rights violated for the common good would you?

heck lets outlaw the internet all together. With all the criminal activity, including human trafficking, identity theft, radicalizing terrorists, and other crimes perpetuated there, think of how many lives could be saved

English enough?

You're actually comparing access to the internet to access

Aug 28, 2019, 12:32 PM

to large capacity magazines?

Why not? By your logic it should make us safer***

Aug 28, 2019, 1:46 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

it sure would but the U.S. can’t police the internet

Aug 28, 2019, 4:20 PM

worldwide just like we can’t make gun laws for other countries.

China polices their citizens internet***

Aug 28, 2019, 4:41 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Pretty sure we do also.***

Aug 28, 2019, 4:49 PM

information has killed more than guns ever thought of

Aug 28, 2019, 2:08 PM [ in reply to You're actually comparing access to the internet to access ]

in fact I would say that the information is what leads to the use of guns. Lets go upstream and limit the spreading of evil thought.

"if it could save just one life."

Now, you’re talking:

Aug 28, 2019, 4:22 PM

https://youtube.com/watch?v=jdl6eAIx2K4

its for the children!***

Aug 29, 2019, 2:25 PM [ in reply to information has killed more than guns ever thought of ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'Englisch'... jk.***

Aug 30, 2019, 11:49 AM [ in reply to Sprechen sie English?*** ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

what do you do with the millions in circulation

Aug 27, 2019, 5:56 PM

that are more than 6 now? confiscation without just compensation would be unconstitutional. thats a lot of money

badge-donor-05yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-conservativealex.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

could they be grandfathered in?

Aug 27, 2019, 6:52 PM

And if you commit a crime and they are found be confiscated then

Like drug paraphernalia?

This is completely logical.

Aug 28, 2019, 6:25 AM

No one comes to "round up" anything. But if you do bad with it, you forfeit it.

Those would be illegal also. No compensation.***

Aug 27, 2019, 6:56 PM [ in reply to what do you do with the millions in circulation ]

How do you enforce that or collect them without bloodshed?

Aug 27, 2019, 11:29 PM

Many, many Americans will kill and die before giving those up.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

Don’t think there should be any campaign to collect them.***

Aug 28, 2019, 6:55 AM

Re: How many would support this compromise on guns?

Aug 27, 2019, 6:17 PM

Or we could just make guns legal for law abiding citizens and make it impossible for criminals to obtain them...Oh wait, we already have that!

I’d be more willing to compromise that people who don’t know anything about firearms educate themselves more on them before they tell other to compromise. I currently have 8 firearms/ rifles and I have large capacity magazines. Not once have I found a round of ammunition out of place or in a place I didn’t intend it to be in.

Millions of people have died at the hands of opioids and alcohol. Let’s start with banning those first.

Aug 27, 2019, 7:41 PM

Yea but here’s where your analogy breaks down....I can’t kill you with a pain pill, you have to do that yourself.

There is absolutely no reason anyone should be able to own a weapon that can wipe out dozens of people in seconds. I don’t need to be an expert in firearms to see that. If these high powered guns are legal we should be able to own grenades and rocket launchers as well.

Aug 28, 2019, 7:23 PM

TinCup14® said:

Yea but here’s where your analogy breaks down....I can’t kill you with a pain pill, you have to do that yourself.

There is absolutely no reason anyone should be able to own a weapon that can wipe out dozens of people in seconds. I don’t need to be an expert in firearms to see that. If these high powered guns are legal we should be able to own grenades and rocket launchers as well.

So you are on board with banning alcohol since it kills more innocent people than guns?
Come on, answer truthfully. You wouldn’t want to give up your beer would you ?

Aug 29, 2019, 7:39 AM

I agree that if we truly want to save lives we should look at more things like alcohol but again, I can't kill you with a can of beer. Not to mention I can ruin my life by choosing to drink and drive so we are working pretty hard to prevent people from taking others lives with alcohol.

Aug 29, 2019, 7:58 AM

What about cargo trucks?

Aug 29, 2019, 12:12 PM

Cargo trucks serve a purpose. AR-15's do not.

Aug 29, 2019, 3:35 PM [ in reply to Re: How many would support this compromise on guns? ]

TinCup14® said:

I agree that if we truly want to save lives we should look at more things like alcohol but again, I can't kill you with a can of beer. Not to mention I can ruin my life by choosing to drink and drive so we are working pretty hard to prevent people from taking others lives with alcohol.

Ask the SC Sled office how many applicants they get for CWP license or ask an outdoor sports shops how many back ground checks they conduct per day. That’s why it took 3 months for me to obtain a CWP, I had to go through an FBI background check. Trust me, we are doing more to control guns than hindering people from drinking and driving!

Aug 29, 2019, 4:06 PM

How long it takes to get a CWP is irrelevant and that just shows how incompetent our gun control is. A mass shooter isn't going to take the time to obtain a CWP so he can legally carry a gun to go kill a bunch of people.

It's the fact that there are so many guns in this country. Look at other nations that have much fewer weapons per person. They don't have these mass shootings nearly as much because it is much harder to get your hands on a weapon. At one time or another every weapon used in a crime was purchased legally.

Aug 29, 2019, 6:23 PM

TinCup14® said:

How long it takes to get a CWP is irrelevant and that just shows how incompetent our gun control is. A mass shooter isn't going to take the time to obtain a CWP so he can legally carry a gun to go kill a bunch of people.

It's the fact that there are so many guns in this country. Look at other nations that have much fewer weapons per person. They don't have these mass shootings nearly as much because it is much harder to get your hands on a weapon. At one time or another every weapon used in a crime was purchased legally.

No, it is relevant because whenever you register for a CWP permit, you go through an extensive FBI check on top of a SLED And it takes them that long to research and profile you. Sorry you can’t understand that. Just because you don’t understand and see the process with your own eyes, doesn’t mean it’s not happening.

Also, you just contradicted yourself by saying our gun laws are incompetent then you say a mass shooter wouldn’t waste time for a CWP.
You are right, he wouldn’t take the time. So is that the gun laws or is it a stupid person. You have just lost credibility.

Oh, and my guns were purchased legally and I can assure you they have never been involved in a crime.

Like I stated, alcohol has killed more people, ban it first. Or is that infringement on your right to drink? I see you defend drunk driving but not firearms. Is that because one appeals to you while the other one don’t. And yes, a drunk driver can wipe out multiple innocent people at once.

In short, not everyone has the same opinion on guns as you do. Me, I prefer to have a right to protect me and my own the way I see fit without people who are uneducated on the use of firearms trying to tell me I’m too incompetent to own one or how many bullets I can have at one time. Who are you going to depend on to rescue or help you out of Abbas situation? The “racist cops” the dems and libs speak so much about?

And you are right, most countries who have strict gun laws may have less mass shootings they just have more bombings and other forms of terrorism.

Message was edited by: Touch_The_Rock79

Aug 28, 2019, 7:35 PM [ in reply to Re: How many would support this compromise on guns? ]

And to educate you further on weapons since you are uneducated in them.
The “High powered weapons” you speak of are your traditional hunting rifles not the “scary looking” AR-15.
Oh and your analogy of “it should be illegal for people to obtain a weapon that kills multiple in seconds” falls short too. Bombs are illegal yet people still make them. So is driving drunk and using/selling drugs.

Aug 29, 2019, 7:46 AM

Amazing that these shooters always go for the AR 15 instead of a 30-06.

So should bombs be legal then? How many lives does a weapon have to be able to take out before you say it should be banned?

I'm cool with shotguns and rifles for hunting and maybe a handgun in the home for protection (I currently own all three) but it's just asinine for people to be able to have these weapons that can spray hundreds of bullets in seconds. Absolutely no reason for them.

Aug 29, 2019, 6:37 PM

TinCup14® said:

Amazing that these shooters always go for the AR 15 instead of a 30-06.

So should bombs be legal then? How many lives does a weapon have to be able to take out before you say it should be banned?

I'm cool with shotguns and rifles for hunting and maybe a handgun in the home for protection (I currently own all three) but it's just asinine for people to be able to have these weapons that can spray hundreds of bullets in seconds. Absolutely no reason for them.

If you know anything about an AR-15, AK47 you’d know that it is nearly impossible to shoot hundreds of bullets in seconds unless illegally modified. Like bump stocks, which are currently in most states it is legal. I think they should be Banned but you’d probably be surprised that pot of all the people who currently own bumpstocks, have never broken a single gun law with one.

Still, how many people does alcohol have to kill before it is banned? Should the government only allow a half a beer a day? If you are caught with a case of beer or a keg, should you be arrested?

No.

Aug 27, 2019, 6:18 PM

If the laws forbidding murder doesn't stop murder banning guns won't either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many deaths have been saved by the gun control

Aug 27, 2019, 6:37 PM

laws? Waiting periods? Background checks? No handguns in D.C. and Chicago?

Tens of thousands? Who knows?

Re: How many deaths have been saved by the gun control

Aug 27, 2019, 6:56 PM

josephg® said:

laws? Waiting periods? Background checks? No handguns in D.C. and Chicago?

Tens of thousands? Who knows?

Did you know, gun laws are more stringent in South American countries than in the United States (even mental assessment test). Did you also know there are more intentional murders in those same countries than any other places on earth?

My point is... you can’t stop stupid no matter how many laws are in place!

Yeah, but why perpetuate stupid.***

Aug 27, 2019, 7:00 PM

Re: Yeah, but why perpetuate stupid.***

Aug 27, 2019, 7:09 PM

Have you purchased a gun lately ?

Have never even fired one except when I had to qualify

Aug 27, 2019, 10:08 PM

each year in USAF.

Re: Have never even fired one except when I had to qualify

Aug 28, 2019, 7:43 PM

josephg® said:

each year in USAF.

Does it make you want to go on a murderous rampage when qualifying to the USAF? Probably not because I would hazard you guess that you are not stupid.

Thank you for your service by the way!

Re: Yeah, but why perpetuate stupid.***

Aug 28, 2019, 7:39 PM [ in reply to Yeah, but why perpetuate stupid.*** ]

josephg® said:

I’m pretty sure stupid would perpetuate itself just fine without any enhancements. That’s why we call stupid...stupid

Re: How many deaths have been saved by the gun control

Aug 27, 2019, 6:59 PM [ in reply to How many deaths have been saved by the gun control ]

Alcohol has killed more. When are we going to take it off the shelves. Isn’t there laws to not drink and drive?

Gun control is not about saving lives.

Aug 27, 2019, 8:23 PM

It's about controlling guns along with everything else. People assume government is the solution but the solution is less government. In fact, government down to a bare minimum to maintain national security and civil behavior.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

LOL.***

Aug 27, 2019, 10:09 PM

OK Ron Swanson***

Aug 28, 2019, 8:59 AM [ in reply to Gun control is not about saving lives. ]

Lulz. So, the DUI laws with astronomical insurance

Aug 27, 2019, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Re: How many deaths have been saved by the gun control ]

for offenders isn’t a deterrent?

Re: Lulz. So, the DUI laws with astronomical insurance

Aug 29, 2019, 6:37 PM

josephg® said:

for offenders isn’t a deterrent?

Yet people still do it right?

The cities with the most strict gun control have the most...

Aug 27, 2019, 8:20 PM [ in reply to How many deaths have been saved by the gun control ]

murders. Of course that's hyperbole due to stats being faulty due to mass concentrations of people but that disqualifier ruins your premise too. Truth is, we don't know. We don't know how many less would have died if there were no gun control laws in Chicago.

Imo, if everyone carried a gun the number of people murdered with guns would decrease. Past that, everything is just opinion.

You want gun control, I don't. The constitution says it's OK to own a gun. I'm not giving an inch until they make me.

Care to point me to what special laws Chicago has?***

Aug 27, 2019, 8:27 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Care to point me to what special laws Chicago has?***

Aug 28, 2019, 6:40 AM

“City residents can own firearms but with several conditions: You must be 21 years old and possess a firearm owner's identification (FOID) card and concealed carry license, both issued by Illinois State Police.”

This what I think most would point to.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's not Chicago specific, that's Illinois specific,

Aug 28, 2019, 10:22 AM

right?

Chicago is also very close to Michigan & Wisconsin with lax'er gun control laws.

The talking point of Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country is a very common misnomer. They used to until it was determined unconstitutional in 2010.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Despite different state gun laws, you cannot buy one

Aug 28, 2019, 1:50 PM

across state lines without transferring to an FFL. So this idea that you can just drive to another state and buy a gun, then head home is incorrect.

Yes and no, depends on your state and their req's.***

Aug 28, 2019, 2:00 PM

Pretty sure that's federal law

Aug 28, 2019, 2:11 PM

All handguns have to be bought at an FFL out of state, and shipped to one in your home state. Rifles you can take possession of only if they are not considered illegal in your home state.

That is correct.

Aug 28, 2019, 2:20 PM

What I was saying about the state req's is that if one of either your home state or the state you're purchasing from has a waiting period, you must wait that period, or in Illinois' case, have an FOID card to purchase out of state.

The whole point of me mentioning the other state thing wasn't Illinois residents purchasing and bringing back into the state, it was other state residents coming into Chicago with a firearm.

All circling back to my original point, what specific law does Chicago have to warrant the "Chicago has the strictest gun laws in the country" statement that is thrown around way too often.

Where in my original post did I say you couldn’t own a gun?***

Aug 27, 2019, 10:13 PM [ in reply to The cities with the most strict gun control have the most... ]

That's where and limits on guns will lead,

Aug 28, 2019, 4:36 AM

The progressive goal is to have a gun free society.

There may be a few on the far left fringe who have

Aug 28, 2019, 6:57 AM

that goal.

Re: That's where and limits on guns will lead,

Aug 31, 2019, 7:32 AM [ in reply to That's where and limits on guns will lead, ]

The progressive goal is to have a gun free society.

Some of the archliberals probably want that.

The problem is inventory. Per wikipedia there's 393 million guns owned by Americans, or 46 per cent of the world's firearms held by civilians.

Most of them aren't being used to commit murders. Generally speaking, spree killers, if they're going to go on a rampage, use their weapon within the first couple months of first obtaining it, and if they wait, it's usually because they're saving up to buy things like ammo and body armor and extended mags, usually while hanging in 8chan chatrooms building up a case of the hates. So it's really not the guns currently in inventory we have to be terribly worried about for the most part, it's more likely to be one of the ones that'll be sold tomorrow we have to fret.

So at the end of the day, you really don't have to worry about rounding up all the older guns, you just have to do a better job of making sure newer ones aren't sold to crazies.

Besides, would you want the job of rounding up all the guns? I certainly wouldn't, and I very much doubt most other folks who liked living would want that gig either.

Turning American into the freakin' Wild West isn't the answer. Besides which, even the Wild West wasn't the Wild West for very long. The first thing lawmen tended to do when they cleaned up a town that had gotten out of control...was ban the possession of firearms within town limits.

This is a foolish argument, IMO.

Aug 28, 2019, 6:23 AM [ in reply to No. ]

Making something illegal never stops something from happening completely, and no one argues that. That's a strawman.

Making something illegal will almost always make it less likely to happen.

Do you think more people would murder if it were legal to do so?

AKA "We've tried nothing, and we are out of ideas"***

Aug 28, 2019, 8:57 AM [ in reply to No. ]

Sincerely,
The only country in the world where this regularly happens.

Aug 27, 2019, 7:32 PM

If they only came in bright pink as well, I would be all for this.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Aug 27, 2019, 8:44 PM

There is no room for compromise when those who should be, and are not, enforcing laws that already exist continue to fail so miserably.

I know, why don't we save kids lives in a way that we can really be impactful...by making it illegal for anyone <18 to have a cell phone, or even use a cell phone. Period. But if caught with one in a car, then they should be thrown under the jail.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

John 3:16; 14:1-6

What?? My daughter, a sophomore at FSU is on her phone

Aug 27, 2019, 10:26 PM

all the time it seems, but never watches TV. Which is worse?

Though, not sure I understand your post.

I don't see how that would hurt anybody.

Aug 28, 2019, 6:22 AM

Why not do it?

Some people are actually afraid that if a mob of 20

Aug 28, 2019, 4:25 PM

attacks your home and family, the large magazines would allow you to ward them off.

5 guys kicked in my parents neighbors front door and robbed

Aug 28, 2019, 4:46 PM

them. Before that I was pretty sure a 5 shot revolver would suffice. Afterward, not so much. Better be a really good shot under pressure, I guess.

Well, you could have 3 revolvers, one in each holster and

Aug 28, 2019, 8:30 PM

one in hand.

Not to be callous...

Aug 29, 2019, 7:14 AM [ in reply to 5 guys kicked in my parents neighbors front door and robbed ]

But it sounds like no one died in this event (or you probably would have said so). So I'm not sure a large magazine would have made the event better.

If the 5 intruders died, it would have.... Callous?***

Aug 30, 2019, 12:03 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I, like millions of other college FB fans, will be walking _

Aug 28, 2019, 7:50 AM

around towns, campuses and stadiums surrounded by high rise buildings and through parking lots filled with personal vehicles. Maybe spent too much time with Security folks - former FBI, Secret Security, ATF etc. but the thought of a wacko with multiple high capacity magazines occasionally crosses my mind.

Sad that the best advice that one can give is maintain sharp situational awareness and hope law enforcement has incredible response timing and effectiveness.

Taking action to make it more difficult for a bad guy to have a lot of bullets seems reasonable.

Aug 29, 2019, 7:54 AM

We need longer prison sentences for gun crimes... 30 year minimum for armed robbery would greatly reduce murders

Aug 29, 2019, 8:21 AM

75% of murders are by handgun... we should only ban pistols

Plus, they can be concealed a lot easier than rifles.***

Aug 29, 2019, 10:40 AM

Why don't we just ban murder, and make that illegal?***

Aug 29, 2019, 11:03 AM

When our debt collapses the economy

Aug 29, 2019, 10:56 AM

You're probably going to be wishing for that larger capacity magazine.

Yea, be able to get more squirrels, rabbits,

Aug 29, 2019, 1:12 PM

and possums.

Replies: 77
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic