Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC takes unusual step to try to catch up to Dabo
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 0
| visibility 2,407

ACC takes unusual step to try to catch up to Dabo

Jan 27, 2019, 2:45 PM

Of the 13 other coaches in the ACC this past season, only 6 had a record of 0.500 or better in regular season conference play:
1. Mark Richt
2. Paul Johnson
3. Bobby Petrino
4. Larry Fedora
5. Justin Fuente
6. Pat Narduzzi

4 of the 6 were fired or forced into retirement, while Fuente has had about half his team transfer. Narduzzi, on the other hand, was super complimentary of Clemson, and said before the ACCCG that the Tigers were head and shoulders above Notre Dame and Penn St. That guy might turn out to be a pretty good coach--or at least an analyst when he's done coaching.

So, 7 of the 9 retained coaches have losing records in conference play. And 6 of those also have overall losing records while coaching in the ACC. As you may have suspected, Dave Doeren is 1 coach with a losing record in-conference but with overall winning record. Of course,that's generally accumulated by scheduling out of conference cupcakes while trying to buy that 10-win season they've been so desperately chasing. If my memory is right, I think NCSU is still stuck on 1 single 10-win season,all-time, though.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 0
| visibility 2,407
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic