Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ACC Is Better Than You Think!
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 23
| visibility 1,866

ACC Is Better Than You Think!

May 24, 2012, 9:18 PM

Just look at the past. The ACC has been a great conference. It is a dominate basketball conference. And we won our national title in football when we were in the ACC. Don't give up on the ACC so quickly!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You just failed. Badly.***

May 24, 2012, 9:22 PM

Re: ACC Is Better Than You Think!

May 24, 2012, 9:23 PM

Wow! Great points, I am phoning the BOT and TDP immediately to give them this ground-shaking argument.

You can stay if you want to.***

May 24, 2012, 9:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2012, 9:28 PM

and the last time anyone from the ACC won the national championship was in 2000! The ACC is completely irrelevant in college football now. The ACC is 2-13 in BCS bowl games. It's dead as a football conference but continuing to grow as a basketball conference. I honestly don't think that Swofford gives two craps about whether we leave or not because he still has Pitt and Syracuse coming in to keep the conference at 12 teams therefore the ACC won't lose the conference championship game...just nobody will really care about it anymore

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think Syracuse and Pitt were invited to be our replacement

May 24, 2012, 9:29 PM

along with FSU...perfect for him...he gets rid of his football headaches and gets bball teams.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I think Syracuse and Pitt were invited to be our replacement

May 24, 2012, 9:34 PM

I agree. There was a time when I thought we should stay in the ACC, we are charter members. That time has gone and we need to get out, now! Clemson has always been treated like the red headed step-child and it is much worse under Swofford. We could probably form our own conference but we can make the Big 12 a whole lot better if we go and FL State goes too!

Unless Pittsburgh comes over also. They would be a great

May 24, 2012, 9:36 PM [ in reply to I think Syracuse and Pitt were invited to be our replacement ]

addition to an eastern division for football, though them playing games at Heinz field is awful. They used to have a cool home stadium. I wonder what happened to it. It's much better to pack out a 40,000 seat stadium than to put 40k in a behemoth with empty seats all around.

It would be great for WVU and Pittsburgh is a great town to visit. Airfare is fairly cheap in SC considering all the Eaton business in the state. When they take their football seriously, they're very good and have a rich history. If they pledged to utilize the extra money to upgrade their facilities and get out of Heinz Field they'd be a nice program to play annually. Sucks that we got stuck with Syracuse instead of them in the current deal.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 24, 2012, 9:31 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Is Better Than You Think! ]

Actually it has some what digressed in basketball in the last couple of years.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cockstripe, when was the last time USuC won an NCAA

May 24, 2012, 9:36 PM

tourney game? Were you even born yet?

Man, that Wake versus Pitt championship game is gonna be

May 24, 2012, 11:34 PM [ in reply to Re: ACC Is Better Than You Think! ]

packed.

May 24, 2012, 9:31 PM

LoL, hah hah hah hah that's a good one

Look, I think I speak for EVERYONE, yourself included

May 24, 2012, 9:33 PM

when I say, "I love Clemson. I am a Clemson fan. I am not an ACC fan. I have no feelings for, nor ties to the ACC. They've done more to hurt us than help us. We are Clemson. That is all I care about."

Re: Look, I think I speak for EVERYONE, yourself included

May 24, 2012, 9:35 PM

Like!!!!!

This!!!!

May 24, 2012, 9:45 PM [ in reply to Look, I think I speak for EVERYONE, yourself included ]

One Clemson

at lacrosse!

May 24, 2012, 9:35 PM

The funny thing is the ACC is now overrated at basketball.

May 24, 2012, 9:37 PM

I think you need to either put on your thinking cap ,or get a new brain.
This isn't about being a basketball conference.It's about being a viable football conference.
And if you had bothered to even take a quick glance ,you would see that both the Big East and the SEC have done pretty well in winning final four championships in the last 20 years or so.
And whoopie about our Nationall Championship which was won 31 years ago.How many other ACC schools have won a National Championship since joining the ACC.The SEC has the past 6.
Yes,the ACC has been a great conference,but since the formation of the BCS,the ACC is a dismal 2-13 in BCS Bowls,and Clemson is 0-1.
Was that too quick for you?

May 24, 2012, 9:40 PM

I don't enjoy watching us play Duke, WF, BC and the likes in Death Valley.

Sorry Mr Swofford you're a day late & several dollars short***

May 24, 2012, 10:10 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

You remind me of Gieco commercial

May 24, 2012, 10:13 PM

Are you living under a rock?

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Touch yourself***

May 24, 2012, 10:47 PM

Re: Re: ACC Is Better Than You Think!

May 24, 2012, 10:58 PM

Spot on! The main reason is because other conferences have more money to spend on all sports! Usuck for example; they have been able to build a new basketball and baseball facility that is state of the art. They are completely revamping their football stadium and surrounding area. They are dominating us now and continue to do so with out a change! So you enjoy the ACC and the enept leadership. If we don't leave, and leave soon, USUCK will eventually own the all time win record against us in every #### sport!

Tiger Torque aka J. Swofford, Esq.***

May 24, 2012, 11:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i would not ####

May 24, 2012, 11:24 PM

In swoffies mouth if he was dying of thirst.

Replies: 23
| visibility 1,866
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic