Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A statistic for the ages, my friends
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

A statistic for the ages, my friends

Feb 1, 2015, 8:27 AM

Feel free to share this whenever some Coot tries to tell you all about the "success" they've had over the years as a program:

Last 4 years under Dabo alone:
4 10+ win seasons (and a BCS bowl victory)
Last 121 years (and 32 coaches) for USUCK:
4 10* win seasons COMBINED

It's good to be a Tiger fan boys. ### good.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Two Thumbs Up, buddy.***

Feb 1, 2015, 8:30 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“Clemson wasn’t that much better with Trevor Lawrence, if at all.”

"Oh, but, but, we play in the SEC".. They seem to forget....

Feb 1, 2015, 8:55 AM

they also had a losing record against the majority of ACC teams when in the ACC. Just remember, no matter what facts you give them, you can't win an argument with STUPID!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Also same number of conference titles

Feb 1, 2015, 8:58 AM

In last 4 years for Clemson as in coot history

What most informed Gamecock fans know is that overall

Feb 1, 2015, 10:58 AM

Clemson has had a more successful program, even though we've suffered our share of mediocrity.

The longevity and relative success of Frank Howard had a lot to do with that even though his record against Carolina wasn't stellar. But for nearly 30 years Howard brought stability, capped a number of highly successful seasons, and helped attract a steady, loyal fan base, although we didn't have the benefit of location within a large metropolitan area.

Former President Bob Edwards often remarked about the battles he waged in Columbia, given the overwhelming support for Carolina in the General Assembly and given the larger size of S.C.; thus, most Clemson alumni, keenly aware of these facts, have maintained a strong, fierce sense of pride in our accomplishments.

That same pride extends to our football program, and while we may disagree on our methods at times, there is no disagreement on our goals.

The fact remains that there was no way the Clemson fan base, led by the alumni, were going to sit on folded hands and allow the Carolina program to overtake, pass and leave us trailing for good. Dabo Swinney knew that. Secondly, given their history, we also knew that their turn-around would be short-lived. Why? Because they have never learned how to handle success. They don't understand that it takes more than an occasional Steve Spurrier; more than a stellar season or two; and d@mn surely more than defeating Clemson five seasons in a row. This is precisely why that program is in turmoil now.

Clemson on the other hand has had a solid foundation upon which to build. Admittedly, the building has been tough...and will remain so. We will falter along the way; staffs will come and go; but 50 years from now I have absolutely no doubt what the sports' historians will write about Clemson: "Thanks to men like John Heisman, Jess Neely, Frank Howard, Danny Ford, Tommy Bowden, Dabo Swinney and -----------, Clemson has had a rich, highly successful football tradition...one of which its alumni and fans can be proud!"

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Excellent, excellent, excellent analysis!!!!! So True********

Feb 1, 2015, 1:00 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What most informed Gamecock fans know is that overall

Feb 1, 2015, 1:39 PM [ in reply to What most informed Gamecock fans know is that overall ]

So true.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Go Tigers! Once A Tiger Always A Tiger

Now lets get baseball back to its rightful place.***

Feb 2, 2015, 8:17 AM [ in reply to What most informed Gamecock fans know is that overall ]

coots have zero bcs games or bowls and on 1969

Feb 1, 2015, 1:03 PM

conference championship with a 7-4 record

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A statistic for the ages, my friends

Feb 1, 2015, 1:06 PM

When we start winning more than 1 out of 6 I will start tooting my horn to coot friends. Great accomplishments recently though. Things certainly headed in the right direction.

Why would you pick 6 years as the magic number of years

Feb 1, 2015, 1:34 PM

to compare programs? Why not bragging rights which currently stands at 1-0 Clemson. Or pick the overall series which stands at 66-42 or the last 20 years where Clemson leads 12-8.

Clemson owns south carolina. They had a lucky few years, but clearly that time is over.

No need to respond to the Coot....***

Feb 1, 2015, 1:40 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Why would you pick 6 years as the magic number of years

Feb 1, 2015, 1:45 PM [ in reply to Why would you pick 6 years as the magic number of years ]

Feel free to share this whenever some Coot tries to tell you all about the "success" they've had over the years as a program:

Last 4 years under Dabo alone:
4 10+ win seasons (and a BCS bowl victory)
Last 121 years (and 32 coaches) for USUCK:
4 10* win seasons COMBINED

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I don't know about you but I'm not real happy about our recent games with SC other than this year. I guess I'm more of a "show me" fan than you young guys. Another thing, I don't have any SC fans who talk about success over the years but they will talk about the last several years.

I'm not "young" and that's why my 'history' is much longer.***

Feb 1, 2015, 1:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So, if we win 5 in a row in Chapel Hill, we will have erased

Feb 1, 2015, 2:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Why would you pick 6 years as the magic number of years ]

the past and suddenly we will have become the better hoops program?

And would that be true even if beating UNC in Chapel Hill is pretty much the only significant thing we do in hoops over those 5 seasons?

Even if UNC still dominates the ACC and goes deep into the NCAAs every year that we beat them while we play in the NIT?

Because that's essentially what's happened the past 5 years while we were losing to SCAR in football.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, if we win 5 in a row in Chapel Hill, we will have erased

Feb 1, 2015, 2:29 PM

the past and suddenly we will have become the better program?

Even if beating UNC in Chapel Hill is pretty much the only significant thing we do in hoops over those 5 seasons?

Even if UNC still dominates the ACC and goes deep into the NCAAs every year that we beat them while we play in the NIT?

Because that's essentially what's happened the past 5 years while we were losing to SCAR in football.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If we beat NC 5 straight then I would say yes we CURRENTLY have a better program.

If your talking head to head whatever else is or isn't accomplished really doesn't matter.

We have not dominated the ACC, Fla St has. We do a great job of beating who we are supposed to but have had difficulty with FSU, and Ga Tech. I want to see that improve.

Don't get me wrong I like having the overall advantage against SC but the most recent games have more meaning to me than a game played before I was born or so long ago that I can't remember the players.

Re: So, if we win 5 in a row in Chapel Hill, we will have erased

Feb 2, 2015, 8:39 AM [ in reply to So, if we win 5 in a row in Chapel Hill, we will have erased ]

That isn't essentially what happened.

Clemson is definitely historically better than Carolina in football. But you're getting absurd if you think that gap is equivalent to the gap between unc and clemson basketball.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

What happened was ...

Feb 2, 2015, 5:52 PM

Clemson lost 5 in a row to SCAR.

Meanwhile we won 46 games ... participated in two conference title games and won one. We played in two BCS bowls and we won a BCS Bowl game against a top opponent.

While beating Clemson 5 times, SCAR did none of the above ...

My point was that UNC is a far better basketball program than Clemson and a 5 game win streak (if that were to ever come about) would not change things unless Clemson did more than just beat UNC 5 times in a row.

Clemson would still be 5-56 versus UNC in Chapel Hill ... and that's exactly what the fans and announcers would focus on each time the two teams tipped off for a game.

You're correct ... the difference between Clemson and SCAR is not nearly that pronounced, but the relative significance of the gap is just as valid.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: What happened was ...

Feb 3, 2015, 8:38 AM

Why can't you just admit that USC was better than Clemson from 2009-2013?

I can admit Clemson was better than USC in 2014.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Smelley, Garcia, and Beecher are going to lead you to 4-8." - york_tiger

you should crawl under a rock and cry like a litte beach***

Feb 1, 2015, 2:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Why would you pick 6 years as the magic number of years ]

Re: Why would you pick 6 years as the magic number of years

Feb 1, 2015, 2:45 PM [ in reply to Why would you pick 6 years as the magic number of years ]

Because USuC history started 6 years ago.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

and ended 2 years ago with the triumphant Slurrier Poster

Feb 1, 2015, 3:08 PM

that's all they have...

Feb 1, 2015, 1:51 PM [ in reply to Re: A statistic for the ages, my friends ]

lol don't just look at the last six years, Over the entirety of the series we have dominated them.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 2:40 PM

And these replies are why I don't post much here. The original poster was giving stats to brag about to coot buddies. I would just rather beat them.

Feb 1, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: A statistic for the ages, my friends ]

He's back

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Feb 1, 2015, 2:38 PM [ in reply to Re: A statistic for the ages, my friends ]

> When we start winning more than 1 out of 6

Found juan.

You tell um coot...***

Feb 2, 2015, 7:54 AM [ in reply to Re: A statistic for the ages, my friends ]

Whatever helps you sleep at night coot***

Feb 3, 2015, 8:53 AM [ in reply to Re: A statistic for the ages, my friends ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic